Death Metal

I liked the new tune and thought it was better than previous music from the band. And I thought it resembled more oldschool Suffocation. Maybe I'll give Blood Oath and the S/T another listen.

I personally loved Blood Oath from the first spin. It's a little different, but it's a very solid, heavy, evil fucking album. The vibe is dark as fuck and well executed.

So I've been looking for some new bands I may have missed or overlooked that I may like based on these albums...

I've been really digging these especially this past month or so.

Asphyx - Death... The Brutal Way

Azarath - Blasphemer's Malediction

Death - Human

Cattle Decapitation - Monolith of Humanity

Indesinence - Vessels of Light and Decay

Nocturnus - The Key (I just discovered this one... it's fucking amazing)

Pestilence - Consuming Impulse + Testimony of Ancients

Unleashed - Odalheim

I know some of these albums don't really fit in with the rest. But basically I'm looking for something very heavy in atmosphere (no Brutal/Slam, please). And a band that isn't afraid to employ restrained melodic elements to enhance their atmosphere, without straddling "melodeath" territory.

So I've been looking for some new bands I may have missed or overlooked that I may like based on these albums...

I've been really digging these especially this past month or so.

Asphyx - Death... The Brutal Way

Azarath - Blasphemer's Malediction

Death - Human

Cattle Decapitation - Monolith of Humanity

Indesinence - Vessels of Light and Decay

Nocturnus - The Key (I just discovered this one... it's fucking amazing)

Pestilence - Consuming Impulse + Testimony of Ancients

Unleashed - Odalheim

I know some of these albums don't really fit in with the rest. But basically I'm looking for something very heavy in atmosphere (no Brutal/Slam, please). And a band that isn't afraid to employ restrained melodic elements to enhance their atmosphere, without straddling "melodeath" territory.

give Gorguts a shot ... each album pretty much has its own sound.

edit: Yea, Runemagick is good shit.

also, check out the first two Amorphis albums if you already haven't.

give Gorguts a shot ... each album pretty much has its own sound.

edit: Yea, Runemagick is good shit.

also, check out the first two Amorphis albums if you already haven't.

I'm a big fan of Obscura and The Erosion of Sanity (I'd give the nod to Obscura just because it's so fucking weird, in a somehow catchy way).

And I have the Karelian Isthmus and Tales from A Thousand Lakes.

It's all great stuff. :worship:

Random aside, do you guys like Azarath? To me, they sound like Behemoth done properly. The vocals are ungodly, and they have the most evil, addictive riffs I've heard in a recent metal release.

From what I've heard of blackened death, I'd say Azarath's latest is the best offering I've yet to hear in that genre.

Random aside, do you guys like Azarath? To me, they sound like Behemoth done properly. The vocals are ungodly, and they have the most evil, addictive riffs I've heard in a recent metal release.

From what I've heard of blackened death, I'd say Azarath's latest is the best offering I've yet to hear in that genre.

Their last one sounds pretty good. One of the top Polish metal bands. Check Goatwhore in case you haven't, their last couple albums are great Black/Death.

Their last one sounds pretty good. One of the top Polish metal bands. Check Goatwhore in case you haven't, their last couple albums are great Black/Death.

I like it. It reminds me of Skeletonwitch.

Which is a reallygood thing. And most likely, they were the ones influenced by Goatwhore cause they came after as far as I know.