Death Metal

The only death metal I still listen to often is the one you can immerse yourself in easily, that has this sort of cozy, enveloping sound.
All that other stuff-- with the heavy distortion upfront is starting to bore me senseless.:erk:

I'm going to order it over the weekend along with the Ignivomous die hard once he puts it up...I'm passing on the Damaar, didn't care for it.

The only death metal I still listen to often is the one you can immerse yourself in easily, that has this sort of cozy, enveloping sound.
All that other stuff-- with the heavy distortion upfront is starting to bore me senseless.:erk:

Infester and the other uber-dark, supremely hellish death metal are never my first choice either. However, I still do enjoy it on occasion but ultimately I prefer the more melodic and atmospheric classic works.

Infester and the other uber-dark, supremely hellish death metal are never my first choice either. However, I still do enjoy it on occasion but ultimately I prefer the more melodic and atmospheric classic works.
I would consider Infester rather enveloping, the doomy sections, in particular. The blasting on it is quite distracting though; the production on the To the Depths doesn't make it blend in all that well. I've listened to the album many times, but can't wrap my mind around it. I find it pretty uneven and overblown. Some good tracks, however.

In any genre I usually favor those "wall of sound" albums the most.

mithras have a very cool concept but I always feel like they fall short of how awesome they could be

in particular I find a lot of their riffing rather repetitive

space-rock + metal is a fucking rad idea, though.

MITHRAS ARE SHITE

Christ that felt good :kickass:

I just checked out Evocation's Tales from the Tomb and it's some of the best melodic death metal I've heard in a while. Absolutely killer stuff. :headbang:

I just checked out Evocation's Tales from the Tomb and it's some of the best melodic death metal I've heard in a while. Absolutely killer stuff. :headbang:

I went to their website, I never heard of this band, the album kicks ass definetaly on my most wanted list:headbang:

Also I found some tracks of this band Golgotha - Land of Death, I guess they only made one album and it definetaly isn't gothic like it says under genre:

http://www.legalsounds.com/InspectAlbum?__key=45264