Death Metal

No, it is the other way around. Their debut was fucking spectacular while their second and third albums were subpar.

Anyone like the new Kronos album? Or Defeated Sanity's new album? Those are currently highlights for me this year...

Mithras has too much ambient passages as far as I remember from their material I own, I mean, people were raving about 'Onwards, Forever legions' when it came out but in truth, I only enjoyed like 3 or 4 songs from that particular album... Can't comment on the new one.

It doesn't have more character than the debut. Don't debate it. Also all your posts here are weird. The new Kronos is crap compared to Colossal Titan Strife, Mithras doesn't have "too many ambient passages" (they do HAVE them, but there's more death metal than there is ambience), etc.

It doesn't have more character than the debut. Don't debate it. Also all your posts here are weird. The new Kronos is crap compared to Colossal Titan Strife, Mithras doesn't have "too many ambient passages" (they do HAVE them, but there's more death metal than there is ambience), etc.

In defence of the new chap, yes, they DO have far too many ambient passages. Not all sounds can be successful when they cross-pollinate; in this case, sub-hawkwind space-sounding ambient-wankery and 3rd rate Morbid Angel clone-ism.

Jesus, when will people observe the new clothes that Emperor Mithras aren't wearing ?

The new album is kind of subpar, I'll drink to that...but I still think WBTV is a really unique album with a cool concept and pretty damn good songwriting (the instrumental "The Sands Of Time" is amazing).

Each to his own I guess. Also, is it just me or does Demiurg do what Bloodbath does, except Demiurg are 10000000x better.

I just checked out those new songs, and yeah, you're right, their not all that good. But Breath of the Demiurg does in fact rule.

they both get kinda repetitive on some tunes- for example, I like Monolithany, but that song is like one riff.

Demiurg is conceptually far better than Bloodbath, who is merely a throwback to old school death metal. Demiurg is atmospheric modern death metal with a very old-school sound and some melodic, even progressive, aspects.

And the new song is pretty good, but I predict it will be the "Flesh Festival" (i.e. most ordinary and normal song) of the new album...

Also, Monolithany is a fucking great song. :headbang: