Death Metal

It doesn't have more character than the debut. Don't debate it. Also all your posts here are weird. The new Kronos is crap compared to Colossal Titan Strife, Mithras doesn't have "too many ambient passages" (they do HAVE them, but there's more death metal than there is ambience), etc.

Comparative crap? I really like THT. You're setting the bar damn high for when I finally get my hands on CTS.

CTS is so much fucking better. It's probably one of the best death metal albums this decade, and one of the most memorable albums I've ever heard. So fuck you! GET NOW OR DIE.

Demiurg is not on par with Bloodbath and bloodbath are more melodic, progressive, and atmospheric than say Demiurg.

Amorphis (first 2 albums)
At The Gates (first 2 albums)
Carcass
Cryptopsy
Dark Tranquillity
Death
Dismember
Entombed (Clandestine)
Gorguts
Hypocrisy (first 2)
Kataklysm
Lykathea Aflame
Martyr
Mithras (BTSLM)
Neuraxis
Wetwork

The list goes on..
Now here's the real question
why did it take 12 posts before somebody Mentioned Carcass?
lol

I'm a little biased when it comes to Death Metal, only a few bands have done it for me, and that's Carcass, Hypocrisy, Death and Dark Tranquility. Other than that, nothing I really dig

Carnage are not prog or anything, but are atmospheric. Bloodbath has katatonia,diabolical masquerade, and paradise lost influences and have so much atmosphere. I would agree Bloodbath are merely a throwback to old school death metal on say breeding death and after are very beyond that.

Alright yeah, Carnage are atmospheric...I can agree with that one. But anyways. Demiurg is on a different level than Bloodbath I think. Not NECESSARILY a better one, just more advanced conceptually and in songwriting a lot of the time...

Just heard Sargatanas' The Enlightenment. Fucking killer stuff :headbang:. Right now I am listening to Supuration's The Cube and it is a lot better than I remember, especially considering its a so-called 'progressive' death metal album.

It's their best, but that doesn't mean shit...you should get the other two also. Whirler Of Fate is in my top ten death metal albums ever probably...

I've listened to that album numerous times but it never really impressed me. Sure it is competent, but little more IMO.

Speaking of great lyrics--and this is slightly off topic--Buried Inside's lyric's for Chronoclast are very, very good as is the album musically. People label them as hardcore or metalcore but the band don't really fit into that category based on Chronoclast outside of the vocal approach. Great album nevertheless though, highly recommended (though, obviously, they aren't death metal).