Death Metal

I rediscovered Massacra's Final Holocaust today in all of its death-thrash glory. Fantastic album. Is Enjoy the Violence worth checking out as well?

The reissues thread made me relisten to Luciferion's Demonication album after a long time of not touching it and it's way better than I remembered it. Pretty ass-kicking.

Get learned, cuz Swano didn't write any of it. It was all Rogga...Swano has only recently become a full-time member. He played only session drums and keys on Breath Of The Demiurg. And that album is a big time grower. There is a ton of great, thick atmosphere and even a cool concept to be discovered if you care enough.

The new song is the best one so far, it fucking rules.

I agree and it's one of the most different sounding Demiurg songs so you kinda wonder what else might be on the album.

I was thinking Swano did not write anything on Breath of The Demiurg. I can tell guitar wise what he might have wrote on the new material, what he wrote in Bloodbath is still much better regardless and more intricate and complex and same goes for Nyström's material. I still say for newer death metal Demiurg is one of the better bands anyways.

Bloodbath,Nominon,Unleashed,Entombed, and Evocation are a lot better.

The reissues thread made me relisten to Luciferion's Demonication album after a long time of not touching it and it's way better than I remembered it. Pretty ass-kicking.

Have you heard 'The Apostate'? Its really good, with symphonic elements and clean but great production. Its one of my favorite Death Metal albums... pretty damn aggressive too.

Yeah The Apostate is friggin' cool.

Greys, well said. This might be the first time we're in complete agreement on something, so there is cause to celebrate! :p

Re: Massacra, I like Enjoy The Violence better too and agree with A_O_N, but both are fantastic and rival Consuming Impulse in the early death/thrash movement for best albums.

you probably don't think Entombed or Dismember are death metal, either I take it?

go listen to Jungle Rot or something.

Entombed and Dismember are death metal (well, not post-Clandestine Entombed). And Death Breath sure as hell don't have the Sunlight Studios guitar sound the early work of Entombed and Dismember had; there is hardly any distortion on the guitars at all.