Death Metal

I think I prefer Procession to the Infraworld but only slightly. It retains the same appeal as Deathcult... but more to-the-point and less meandering.

Great to see you back GoD. :cool:

Deathcult is undoubtedly their best effort. But I guess I like their entire discography. Are they still plying live? I have always found them extinct when it comes to live shows.

I think I prefer Procession to the Infraworld but only slightly. It retains the same appeal as Deathcult... but more to-the-point and less meandering.

Great to see you back GoD. :cool:

lol i'm sure it won't last, i migrated over to RYM a while ago. but hi. you're obscureinfinity right?

PROCESSION is probly my second favourite, and their most to-the-point album i agree. but, man, DEATHCULT, arggghhhhhh. that album goes places other bands can't even fathom.

Yep, that's me.

The thing I love most about The Chasm is that I never listen to any of their albums looking forward to specific songs. I completely absorb their albums as a whole and find myself hearing new things that contribute to the cohesiveness of the album. Their music pulls off a sense of intrigue for me that very few bands seem to accomplish.

Reposting so nobody misses it. Also the list might be updated I don't even know. Drowned, Smothered (december 2013), Trench Rot, Drowned, Incantation, Teitanblood, Vader, Dead Congregation, Sinister, Hoth, Gorgasm, Temple Desecration, Gluttony, Sammath, Maveth, Embrace of Thorns, Misery Index, Fuoco Fatuo, Rude, Emptiness, Cancerous Womb, Unaussprechlichen Kulten, Sacrocurse, Bolzer, Necros Christos, Corpsefucking Art, Mass Infection, Autopsy, Diocletian, Heresiarch, Coffinborn, Gatecreeper, Electrocution, The Conjuration, Sisyphean, Tukkanuotta, Infernal Curse, Under The Church, Blood Incantation, Sectesy, Irkallian Oracle, Škan, Binah, Lvcifyre, Death Vomit, Desecresy, Crescent, Shards of Humanity Pręgierz, Rippikoulu, Gravecrusher, Catharsis, Loudblast, Redemptor, Puteraeon, Dig Me No Grave, Beyond Mortal Dreams, Skelethal, Ancient Ascendant, Athanatos, Brutal Rebirth, Nuclear Hammer, Kraton, Shroud of The Heretic, Serpentine Path, Brutally Deceased, Morbo, Necrodemon, Megascavenger, Warlord U.K, Vainaja, Artificial Brain, Miasmal, Vanhelgd, Tortharry, Beneath, Omnihility, Morbus Chron, Tacit Fury, Vampire, Graveyard Ghoul, Decapitated Christ, Unfathomable Ruination, Rogash, Impetuous Ritual, Disinterred, Ending Quest, Auroch, Resurgency, Eskhaton, Corrosive Carcass, Sadism, Grave Robber, Soreption, Haemophagus, Innsmouth, Sepolcro, Domains, Cauldron Black Ram, Deus Otiosus, Doom:VS, Corpsessed, Nunslaughter, Decomposed, Funest, Mordbrand, Lie in Ruins, The Wakedead Gathering, Aposento, Sabbatory, Near Death Condition, Destroying Divinity, Dephosphorus, Entrapment, Ascended Dead, Crypticus, The Dead, Desecration, Keitzer, Noctem, Vallenfyre, The Dark And Bleak, Whore Of Bethlehem, Act Of Impalement, Hate Storm Annihilation, Nihilo, Horrid, Magenta Harvest, Ribspreader, Morfin, Swallowed, Vesicant, Question, Sectu, Scarab (december 2013)

You should use pastebin or something man.

Just listened to Lvcifyre-"Svn Eater". God damn what a beast. I thoroughly enjoyed their wall of noise approach, and the riffs are better, clearer, and more intense than the first album. One if the best releases I've listened to so far in my 2914 catch up.

I'm listening to Trenchrot-"Necronomic Warfare" now. So far it's nothing unique, but it's well written, dark, well produced, and kind of fun. Fun in a straight headbang to evil death metal way.

Next up I have:
Rude-"Soul Recall"
Near Death Condition-"Evolving Toward Extinction"
Cauldron Black Ram-"Stalagmite"
Acheron-"Kult des hasses"

Hope I enjoy these, but I have low expectations for Acheron and Near Death Condition.

EDIT: Further into Trenchrot. It's obvious they like Asphyx. But still dark and groovy.

Honestly, I think I like Swedeath revival stuff even more than most stuff from the early 90s. I haven't heard any Swedeath revival that I haven't loved yet.

One type of death metal I'm just not all that into, though: the slow, sludgey, doomy stuff: Autopsy, Immolation, Incantation, Dead Congregation, Disma, some Morbid Angel even. If I'm in the right mood I'll listen to it, but it often feels very samey.

Some of the bands I've been listening to this week, or plan to listen to, this week: Necrophobic, Grave, Ribspreader, Feral, Necrowretch, Paganizer, Bloodbath, Vampire, Torture Division.

Just listened to Lvcifyre-"Svn Eater". God damn what a beast. I thoroughly enjoyed their wall of noise approach, and the riffs are better, clearer, and more intense than the first album. One if the best releases I've listened to so far in my 2914 catch up.

I'm listening to Trenchrot-"Necronomic Warfare" now. So far it's nothing unique, but it's well written, dark, well produced, and kind of fun. Fun in a straight headbang to evil death metal way.

Next up I have:
Rude-"Soul Recall"
Near Death Condition-"Evolving Toward Extinction"
Cauldron Black Ram-"Stalagmite"
Acheron-"Kult des hasses"

Hope I enjoy these, but I have low expectations for Acheron and Near Death Condition.

EDIT: Further into Trenchrot. It's obvious they like Asphyx. But still dark and groovy.
Honestly the new Acheron is really lame.