Death Metal

Disma-Towards the Megalith
Drawn and Quartered-Hail Infernal Darkness
Intestine Baalism-An Anatomy of the Beast
Vehemence-Helping the World to See
Morbid Angel-Formulas Fatal to the Flesh

I forgot these and I always forget Drawn & Quartered. What a killer band. I need to listen to them more.

Nice Vehemence rec. I never see anyone list that one.

Underrated massively, somehow.

It's because nowadays, everyone just looks at their newer and shittier sound and writes them off. Despite them being a very "big name" in death metal, very few people seem to take time to delve into their early material, which definitely does them a disservice.

Reactions: CiG
Good picks man, really good ones! Some seriously overlooked classics. If you're looking to get more into death metal, the Florida scene as a whole is a fantastic place to start. Some other great bands from the area, some often overlooked would be:

Naphobia-Of Hell
Killing Addiction-Omega Factor
Judecca-Beyond, What the Eyes Can't See...
Monstrosity-Millenium
Amon-Liar in Wait (new album from the Hoffman brothers bringing the band back, slays anything Deicide has done in a decade)
Hateplow-Everybody Dies
Equinox-Return to Mystery
Diabolic-Supreme Evil
Insatanity-Divine Decomposition
Darth Vader's Church-Descendant Upheaval

Outside that, I did think of a few more you may like:

Infester-To the Depths...In Degradation
Purtenance-Member of Immortal Damnation
Rottrevore-Iniquitous
Iniquity-Serenadium
Purulence-Inverted Decay
Baphoment-The Dead Shall Inherit
Dissect-Swallow Swouming Mass

Good picks man, really good ones! Some seriously overlooked classics. If you're looking to get more into death metal, the Florida scene as a whole is a fantastic place to start.

I've heard a good portion of stuff, there's some stuff on there have never heard though, most obscure DM is good imo, when it comes to the style though there's specific bands people tend to listen too.

a good obscure one.

I should've explained myself a little better. The "good picks" was towards you, but the part about getting more into DM was towards Vegard, who admitted to being a bit of a neophyte. I know you know your DM shit, dude. Also, Lemming Project is one of my favorite OSDM band names hahaha. Right up there with Furbowl and Demented Ted.

Soulburn album is good, but I did not like it the same as the first 3 Asphyx records, if you like that album probably will like Pentacle-The Fifth Moon. Rogga has some good newer death metal, i don't keep track of shit most of the time, but there's this wicked song by Revolting called Trigger the Trap, Dead Congregation and Tribulation to name a few, specifically The Horror, for good newer DM.

capa-do-primordium-1.jpg

Primordium, interesting Brazilian death metal band.
Focusing on Egyptian mythology and the old gods. I hesitate to compare them to The Chasm (though nowhere near as good).

Shame they don't have a more quick-to-the-point song uploaded anywhere.

I'm looking for very fiery, blast-heavy death metal in the vein of Centurian, Krisiun, Hate Eternal, Rebaelliun, Abhorrence, etc. Machine gun drums, high velocity, super tight riffs. Not looking for brutal death like Disavowed or tech death like Origin, but those types of speeds are perfect. Not to sound like a prick, but I'm extremely well-versed in the style, so I'm not sure if there's much out there I'm not familiar with, but any recs would be great. I actually compiled a list of bands in the style on RYM if anyone else is interested, and if you have a recommendation, make sure it's not on here already. Would have posted in recommendations thread, but I feel like that board is fairly dead.

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/Morguelo ... h-metal-1/