Death Metal

For me I listen to about as many melodeath bands as I do brutal death bands, but I find it odd how to completely different sounding styles of music can be classified so close together.

Hail Of Bullets' Of Frost & War has been spinning in my cd player pretty much since the day it came out. IMO, I like European Death metal more than American Death metal.

And I agree with Krig, Brutal death ftfw.

I got Pavor's first album about a week or two ago & I'm really fucking digging it. I'm actually liking it better than Furioso. It's about 20% less brutal & more organic sounding, therefore a bit more listenable. Pavor is teh shittz.

Yeah, it is definitely more "earthen" sounding, while Furioso sounds a bit more polished, but I like both a lot. Furioso sounds like a clinic here and there, but the supreme bass and rhythmic interplay in general lends it extreme greatness a good bit of the time. However...the debut has...

COOOOOOOOORPSAAAAAAAAAAHS!

brutal death seems to suffer from an unusually high concentration of same-y-ness, at least to my ear, much like tech death. I'm not really a huge fan of either, but I do enjoy a lot of bands that incorporate some brutal elements (Skinless, Suffo, Nile, Benighted, etc)- I think vocal variation helps a lot.

Also, can we all pause to reflect on how good Anatomy Is Destiny is?

Thanks.

Yeah fuck him, goddamn faggot.

The new Putrevore is fucking sick, evil, thick, sludgy old-school death metal...sounds like it's straight from the 80s with uber guttural vocals via Dave Rotten. GRARGH, METAL OF DEATH!!!