Death Metal

Not sure if this has been mentioned but, Dead Congregation--Graves of the Archangels is the best death/metal album in the last 5 years.

I also think it's absolutely excellent but it can't be first because of Repugnant and Necrovation.

The Chasm's Farseeing... and Conjuration... are both better, but I'd have to think a bit about others. Not that that's really much of a knock on it.

Every time I listen to !T.O.O.H.! - Order and Punishment (Řád a Trest) I can't think of any better death metal release (like ever, yeah). I almost never remember to put them on those faggoty lists though. It's a shame. It's so fucking unique.

I can't agree, it's too idiosyncratic for its own good, and way less memorable (imo) than most people seem to imagine it being.

I don't "imagine it being memorable", I just remember shit from the album :)... Although maybe the czech lyrics help me a bit.

I also think it's absolutely excellent but it can't be first because of Repugnant and Necrovation.

yeah I agree. I think it's pretty fantastic but I prefer Tribulation myself. Repugnant and Necrovation are both outstanding too. as is Ignivomous, and Necros Christos. there's tons of great stuff in the last few years tbh.

I'd agree with that, GotA is just a head above the rest because of absolutely magical tracks like Martyrdoom, Graves of the Archangels, or Teeth Into Red though.

I listened to the album for the first time recently enjoying it a lot, but I would not say it's one of the best newer DM albums or anything. There's plenty I prefere over it as of now anyways.

I think Deathevokation - The Chalic of Ages is probably one of the best dm albums in recent years. Better than both Necrovation and Dead Congregation atleast.