Death penalty

It will take a long time.

Growing up in this generation, and the past dozen or so, there has been too many actions to get around, thus it'll get worse.

Teaching by example

Do you think there will be as many rapes, murders etc. without people teaching by example?

There would not.

We have to eradicate crime, before we can eradicate the thoughts.

THEN we can begin educating people.

That sounded nice.. you know what? I totally agree with all that stuff.. but isn't it very "utopic"? (I don't know if such a word exists.. it's an adjective.. coming out of "utopia".. i think i should teach u some english :p). I really would like all these to really happen, but I don't think they ever will..

i don't support the death penalty simply because i don't think that it is even a punishment...if they have done something unspeakable they should suffer by staying in jail for the rest of their lives...they death penalty kills the person without them feeling pain, hell i'd pay someone to do that...it is not a punishment

It'd be very hard to stamp out all bad notions and ideas.

Looking back in feudal Japan, everything was honour-based. Except for the feudal part.

When they weren't at war, everthing people did, was for the good of eachother.

But there was someone in charge.

Has anyone here seen Wogboy? If not, go see it.

There's a part when the protagonist is on TV, and he's talking about something (I haven't seen it in a while) and he says this:

"Where I come from, we have a way. A friend will do something for me, I'll do something for him, we'll get along, and everything would be okay."

It's not like this. You do something for me, I'll do something for you, demand payment, interested etc. etc. it would not be okay, it would not be fair.

Everyone just wants to make a profit of eachother.

I agree, the death penalty isn't a penalty, it's a reward (compared to going to jail). I think it's interesting imagining knowing the day you would die years in advance. Just imagine going to sleep the day before you die, and waking up, knowing it was the last time you would wake up, it would be a bit scary. Of course, i'd take that over rotting in prison for sixty years.

The fact that you are in prison before they deliver the lethal injection :rolleyes:

I think that's what you meant?
If what you meant was, if you knew you'd die while being a free person. If you were so set on going on a killing spree, why couldn't you just go on a killing spree, save one bullet for yourself, and kill yourself when you're done (No, i'm not recommending this, but it's not like anything is ever stopping you from going on a killing spree if you don't care about dying)

"And its Sullen Jester in the red corner with a right. But, oh! oyo comes back with a hard left. Oyo with another blow, but Sullen Jester returns with an upper cut! Oyos down....wait, he's up! Two straight lefts from Oyo, but now he's stunned by a hard right! Who will win this biblical-scale battle? Half the crowd seems to be chanting 'Oyo in the fox', but I can't quite make it out! The other half is chanting 'Resident Antihistamine' or something! This is massive! What will the outcome be?"

i just read this whole thread and someone said that sullen jesters ideas were too "utopic" to happen (i dont remember who, and i'm to lazy to look).

anyone ever read aldous huxley's "Brave New World"? i beleive this is more probable and likely to work than "1984" (even though both are excellent dystopias). the fact is this went along with what sullen jester was talking about. i'm to tired right now to summarize this book, i'll just trust there are enough of you who've read this book. if you haven't, go get it, its my favorite book.

Originally posted by Sadistik
"And its Sullen Jester in the red corner with a right. But, oh! oyo comes back with a hard left. Oyo with another blow, but Sullen Jester returns with an upper cut! Oyos down....wait, he's up! Two straight lefts from Oyo, but now he's stunned by a hard right! Who will win this biblical-scale battle? Half the crowd seems to be chanting 'Oyo in the fox', but I can't quite make it out! The other half is chanting 'Resident Antihistamine' or something! This is massive! What will the outcome be?"

Classic :lol:

The only death penalty case that was cruel enough was of someguy who was dying in the hospital and everyone did they maxium efford to save his life just to say to him: Congratulations Mr. dumbass we saved your life, you can enjoy it for about a week before we kill you in the chair.

That is a nice death penalty letting them have all this near to death spiritual experience everyone has when they dont have oxygen in their brain, give them some time to become one with nature or find their way to god and redepmtion then kill them again in the slowest possible way. That is some asome justice there.

Originally posted by Misanthrope
The only death penalty case that was cruel enough was of someguy who was dying in the hospital and everyone did they maxium efford to save his life just to say to him: Congratulations Mr. dumbass we saved your life, you can enjoy it for about a week before we kill you in the chair.

That is a nice death penalty letting them have all this near to death spiritual experience everyone has when they dont have oxygen in their brain, give them some time to become one with nature or find their way to god and redepmtion then kill them again in the slowest possible way. That is some asome justice there.

Aren't you a bloody sadist.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In a vicious mood, are we? :lol: