Did you have a Nu-Metal phase?

Did you have a Nu-Metal phase before you got into Metal?

• Yes

Votes: 38 50.7%
  • No

Votes: 37 49.3%

• Total voters
I know a lot of Metalheads who bash Nu-Metal constantly. Yet they don't remember the time all their CD's were Korn and Slipknot. I think its kind of stupid to bash the bands that get you into the music you currently listen to, especially if you wouldn't have otherwise.

I know a lot of Metalheads who bash Nu-Metal constantly. Yet they don't remember the time all their CD's were Korn and Slipknot. I think its kind of stupid to bash the bands that get you into the music you currently listen to, especially if you wouldn't have otherwise.

or maybe they just bash them cause they're crap? I admit, I still like The Deftones but that shit definitely didn't age well.

there are some ok nu-metal albums out there and yes i had a little phase listening to it...it was good times nothing to be ashamed of, its like be a fan of rage against the machine, dont remember anyone be ashamed of liking them....but that was in the good...cold...shitty dark days...now it hell.

Then in theory I should say that Barney is on par with Beethoven (Sp?).

You bash things you used to listen to because you were naive when you listened to them. If you don't bash them, then they're still good, ala motown, ala elvis, ala blink 182 (Okay. Not the best example. But I still love them 7 years on :p). I used to listen to alot of indie, now I bash the shit out of it because in hindsight I realise how bad and sound-alike it all was.

The same can be said for nu metal.

I like the following hair bands:

Motley Crue
Skid Row
Twisted Sister
WASP

I can't stand any others.

I can listen to the bands just not watch video's,etc..

it's like Van Halen are great if you are listening to them, but if you have to watch video's it is torture. I can't think of anyone gayer than David Lee Roth besides maybe Paul Stanley from Kiss, they make good music and look like complete morons.

Most people bashing this genre didn't have a nu-metal phase FYI.

I liked the first Slipknot cd and hated the band after which makes it alright that I was a Slipknot fan. If you got into Slipknot when Iowa came out you're a poser(for life).

A lot of glam rock (since there really isn't any glam "metal" in my book) had some moments of being metal. A good example would be Twisted Sister and Quiet Riot's early albums.

I've always listened to good music haha (except for that brief under 10 years old Smash Mouth/Nsync/Britney Spears phase). It went from classic rock like Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix straight to Maiden and Metallica. The metal taste just exploded from there.

yes. i started with rob zombie, transistioned into slipknot and mudvayne, then came across extol - undecieved at a listening station at tower records and that was that. wasnt too long after i started getting into DM, with the help of my english teacher, who played in the local DM band psypheria

i havnt heard the new mudvayne, but i still like LD50. their bass player rules
~gR~