Did you have a Nu-Metal phase?

Did you have a Nu-Metal phase before you got into Metal?

• Yes

Votes: 38 50.7%
  • No

Votes: 37 49.3%

• Total voters
I think Tool and Opether are both pretty boring, but my mom and brother like Tool. I like earlier Rammstein, but I find each album progressively harder to enjoy as there are more and more songs that I don't like with each new release. Unfortunately, my mom and brother prefer their newer stuff. So, between the newer Rammstein and Tool, carpooling with them is a bitch.
Like 'electronica grindcore'.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=136710134

^ ^ came across this charming band earlier today.
Haha, they didn't even bother trying to disguise the MIDI with soundfonts or anything. I'll never forget the sound of Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth :p

The first band i ever listened too was Kult Underground Tr00 Extreme Satanic (Darker Than) Black Metal MoFo's. The are the only band i listen to ever.

Seriously, i had a bit of a nu-metal phase and still don't mind some albums from that era and a couple of bands.

Opeth are really boring too

gayopeth.jpg

I'm 30 years old. When I got into metal, nu-metal did not exist. However, I did listen to 80s hard rock (Guns N Roses, Skid Row, Warrant, Motley Crue, etc.) before getting into real metal. I guess you can say that stuff was the nu metal of the time.

Technically speaking...Glam metal is still metal. Skid Row is considered by many to be one of the first mainstream metal bands (other than Metallica, Slayer, and Megadeth).
I beg to differ. Glam metal is hard rock. Hard rock is not metal. Even though Skid Row were arguably not a glam band, they are clearly of a different ilk than Metallica, Slayer, and Megadeth, and even Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Black Sabbath.

No, but I am sure anyone who knows anything about me already knew that. I was lucky enough to be a teenager in the 80's, so I got into metal by metal. If there were "gateway" bands for me, then it was Black Sabbath and the Scorpions.

I started my teens in the late 80s, but my heyday was in the early/mid 90s... got into metal back in 86 by means of Iron Maiden and Megadeth... never got into nu-metal though thank god. Loved, and still love my grunge among other things.

Technically speaking...Glam metal is still metal. Skid Row is considered by many to be one of the first mainstream metal bands (other than Metallica, Slayer, and Megadeth).

Slayer was never really mainstream dude. They don't even have a platinum album in the US. A couple of Golds is it. In my eyes to be mainstream you have to at least have a couple platinums under your belt to be mainstream. I'm not even sure if I would call Megadeth mainstream, but they hit it pretty big in to 90's I would say.

I guess Grunge was kinda my Nu-Metal, but I got into Metal like Slayer, Metallica, & Morbid Angel before I got a Soundgarden album. I was never really big into them, a good friend of mine just listened to them. I was big into NIN & Marily Manson though. I was also listening to a ton of Led Zeppelin & Jimi Hendrix. Classic Rock was popular with my school click.

I like the following hair bands:

Motley Crue
Skid Row
Twisted Sister
WASP

I can't stand any others.