Did you have a Nu-Metal phase?

Did you have a Nu-Metal phase before you got into Metal?

• Yes

Votes: 38 50.7%
  • No

Votes: 37 49.3%

• Total voters
Wikipedia doesn't know shit about genres. All bands there can be just as easily placed into other genres. "Alternative metal" is a lazy classification for people who can't be bothered putting things where they belong. Lame.

Wikipedia doesn't know what shit about genres. All bands there can be just as easily placed into other genres. "Alternative metal" is a lazy classification for people who can't be bothered putting things where they belong. Lame.

Wikipedia didn't invent that classification, brotato.

@ the whole genre arguement. Who cares. Seriously. It doesn't matter what genre a band is, it just depends on if they're good or not. Genres get too narrow these days. 60 years ago there was very little genre arguement. Because all genres then were broad and clear cut and included more than 2 bands.

And I did have a Nu-Metal phase. I still like Nu-Metal. But Nu-Metal didn't get me into Metal.

Of all the ones I can name theres

Blues
Jazz
Country
Gospel
Folk
Classical

These days theres 20 genres that pretty much mean the same thing, or close to the same thing, which causes lots of people to get into arguements about all that stuff. I'm not saying Industrial Rock and Alternative Metal are similar. I'm just saying there are subgenres that are pretty much the same and include 2 bands.

Nu Metal, rap metal, yep I liked it all:erk:
I couldn't get enough of bands like Stuck Mojo, Downset, Korn, Deftones, etc. I look back on it now and I can't believe I ever listened to it. I will admit that I still like Korn S/T and some of Deftones stuff.

I liked Deftones until their third shitty album and they probably have 1,2 shitty new ones. White Pony came out and people liked it and I thought it sucked.

I use to like Tool until getting into A Perfect Circle-mer de noms and have not listened to TooL again. I have heard some newer TooL and am not really into it.