Did you have a Nu-Metal phase?

Did you have a Nu-Metal phase before you got into Metal?

• Yes

Votes: 38 50.7%
  • No

Votes: 37 49.3%

• Total voters
I got right into Korn for their first two albums. Saw them live on the Life Is Peachy tour and they were great. There was so much bass I almost lost control of my bowels at one point.

Apart from that not really. I dug a few songs of the first Slipknot album. I also got right into System Of A Down, but I don't really consider them nu-metal.

Southbound by Vision of Disorder is actually a great song and I might check out that cd again. It sounds like they are in the middle of a desert.

... and in my head i'm going southbound

and somehow I don't feel the same

I decided to see the 50-cent video "Candy Shop",the first thing i noticed was,there´s no fucking candy in the whole fucking video! Garbage,i want to see some candy and not a bunch of prostitutes.

I got right into Korn for their first two albums. Saw them live on the Life Is Peachy tour and they were great. There was so much bass I almost lost control of my bowels at one point.

Okay, I kind of take back what I said earlier. I did listen to a bit of Korn when I was 13-14. Granted, the one album they had back then was less pop-sounding than they became, and nu metal hadn't really taken shape at the time (aside from Deftones maybe), but yeah that was one of my brushes with "lesser" metal.

When i was 12-13, i listened to bands such as Korn, System of a Down, etc. Then when i was 14-15 i started listening to bands such as Static-X, Slipknot, and Rammstein. I currently dislike all of these bands except for Rammstein. They are still good to listen to on occasion despite their simplicity. They're just fucking catchy.

I currently dislike all of these bands except for Rammstein. They are still good to listen to on occasion despite their simplicity. They're just fucking catchy.

Same here. I'd try to go see them live if they ever come back to the states.

I would say I was open to it. For a long time I didn't really listen to any music at all. When my sister watched TRL I can say I enjoyed Limp Bizkit and Korn more than the other bands like N'SYNC and Backstreet Boys, but I was never like "Wow these bands are amazing!" Then my sister bought me a Linkin Park CD for my birthday or something, and I did listen to it occasionally. But it wasn't til I was exposed to more obscure music that I really got into music and started looking for new bands to listen to and stuff.

I don't like nu-metal as much as quality 90's/early 2000s hard/alt rock. I even like some Creed :(
Same
sadwavey.gif

Anyway, so I guess I'll expand on my "yes" from earlier.

So, probably the first one I got into was Limp Bizkit (bring it on what what limp in da house yall). I listened to their first two albums. After that, I wouldn't say they "started to suck", because they did, in fact, always suck, I just hadn't gotten it yet. Anyway, I continued to listen to some Korn, Disturbed, Staind, SOAD and whatnot for a while. I was really into the first two Soulfly albums for a bit. My nu-metal phase ended with Rammstein. I was into them for a while, but I started to lose interest in them after Mutter.