Dimmu Borgir

Originally posted by Ormir
too sterile and machine-like.
The very words I'd use to describe tha last Dimmu album...
Though they are technically doing their stuff, the songs as a whole does not strike any nerve with me..
To me it matters not what equipment is used, as long as the end product is something I like..

@requiem: MAYBE you are right....... that drum sound on the CD does not convince me that it's a man and not a machine....
but maybe I AM wrong cause I haven't seen him play live.....
like Hellhammer, who can play live exactelly what he plays in studio.....

Originally posted by Ormir
But he sounds too sterile and machine-like. If you want drumming like that, they could as well use a machine.

You think? I always considered his drumming to have a lot of heart and imagination in it....

Nick Barker is completely and utterly boring and uncreative drummer. He's not even that technical. He can just play fast beats.

NP: Anacrusis - Something Real

Originally posted by MacMoney
Nick Barker is completely and utterly boring and uncreative drummer. He's not even that technical. He can just play fast beats.

MacMoney, do you actually like anything at all? :lol:

You must have been raised with your ears treated to expensive oils and lotions by the most beautiful virgins while relaxing in a bath of rose petals.

Because everything is dirty to your ears.

Then again, you've just said all Nick Barker can do is 'play fast beats', so perhaps you're not as qualified as I at first thought. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by SonOfAbyss
This thread has kinda turned into comedy central, someone interested should start a Dimmu Borgir thread. I however like them do not want it to be my first thread.

No! Please no! The band are already the most ridiculed in the history of music since Metallica started wearing panties... we don't need any more opportunities for people like MacPennies to tear them apart... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by requiem

MacMoney, do you actually like anything at all? :lol:

You must have been raised with your ears treated to expensive oils and lotions by the most beautiful virgins while relaxing in a bath of rose petals.

Because everything is dirty to your ears.

Then again, you've just said all Nick Barker can do is 'play fast beats', so perhaps you're not as qualified as I at first thought. :rolleyes:

I do like bands that make profound music. As for Nick Barker, granted I haven't heard much of his drumming, just Puritanical, some CoF songs and a couple of songs from Hate Breeds Suffering and what I've heard hasn't impressed me.

SonOfAbyss:

Please next time, write understandable posts.

eh what is sonofabyss talking about? i read some of his posts and they dont make any sense what so ever. hey violent force, you said who cares about dimmu. but the fucking thread is about dimmu borgir. haha, yeah ok you like abigor and i like absu, so what? the thread isnt about either of them dur.

i got their catalog the other day and saw that dimmu borgir - e.d.t. was going to be released in a so called "deluxe version", and the song "raabjorn speilar draugheims skodde" (or however that is spelled) was going to be on that "deluxe version".

where's the deluxe in that? that song was on the first version of e.d.t. as well. so is NB. expecting you to pay 13 euros for some crappy screensaver and some wallpapers? not likely...

Re-releases are OK if the album is hard to find, for instance it would be a good idea to re-release the Misantrophy releases(Ved Buens Ende, Fleurety, ...). EDT isn't rare at all & the 'bonus track' is nothing but a bad joke.

I dont mind remasters so much but I agree with Morgana 350% on labels re-releasing shit just so people will buy it again. Dont labels know what a fuckin EP is?!?! Bonus tracks usually arent even worth the effort for the most part because they are normally either a b-side or cover songs. They are meant to be dloaded from the net. They're not getting my money twice.

I always prefere the original versions of the albums even if it takes me some years (sometimes) to find a rare album....
When an album which I like very much is re-released with bonus tracks I just try to find the bonus material on the net to download them... or from a friend to copy them...
Boycot Nuclear blast!!! It is a very rip off label.......