DISSECTION frontman Jon Nödtveidt has committed suicide

BloodSword said:
I think now, that Jon is with fucking Satan, he'd be proud of all the shit-slinging, bitterness and hatred exhibited on this forum. He's probably glad most of you hate him!! Comparing Nodveidt to Hitler? Tells me you don't know squat about music or world history. Nodveidt's laughing his ass off at all of you.

I see your inner 12-year-old is not quite gone yet.

BloodSword said:
I think now, that Jon is with fucking Satan, he'd be proud of all the shit-slinging, bitterness and hatred exhibited on this forum. He's probably glad most of you hate him!! Comparing Nodveidt to Hitler? Tells me you don't know squat about music or world history. Nodveidt's laughing his ass off at all of you.

aka

BloodSword said:
:IMMORTAL; KvVLT, D&D BLAKC BLACK BLACK METOLL

not nearly as hard as we're laughing at him... and afaik he can't laugh because he's dead

Alteredmindeath said:
This news makes me sick to my gut, Jon killed himself not out of pain and misery, but to transcend into the next realm of existance... his home "HELL".

yeah kinda makes you think..."damn, he really was a stupid nub" :erk:

oh well...ppl do stupid shit. I'm sure there's people that will miss him.

I really do like Dissection's pre-murder sentence albums. So I'm glad he at least produced those for us.

metal_wrath said:
Very poignant... how old are you, 11 and a half?

Lmao, like it is me the one who's defending an idiot murderer, learn to deal with FACTS douchebag. Don't start shit if you don't want to get insulted ffs.

Powers said:
He killed another person in cold blood, not in a time of war or under duress, but because he was a narrow minded, homo phobic shit head.

No lets not respect him, because normal, intelligent human beings in a modern world don't just go around murdering each other because they don't agree with each others lifestyles.

The cunt should have been dead 9 years ago.
Maybe you are forgetting that war is basically the equivalant of people murdering each other because they don't agree with each other's lifestyle...

Jon was probably a closet faggot tbh, and btw Metal_Wrath, don't be stupid and learn what conotation is ok? one thing is to call someone a faggot like i did, and another thing is to KILL someone because you ARE a homophobic idiot...get it? no, i bet you don't.

metal_wrath said:
Maybe you are forgetting that war is basically the equivalant of people murdering each other because they don't agree with each other's lifestyle...

Hmmm, you're getting into war and the ethical ambiguity of militaristic advancment of one ideal over another there, fair arguement, but a tad to philisophical.

Look the difference is that in war people are told what to do, they are under duress (which as I said Jon was not, well so far as I know[which is a massive hole in my arguement, but still]), if they don't fight for the greather good or at least the higher power than themselves they are punished. This doesn't excuse their beheviour but it certainly lessens it to an extent.

And yes I'm fully aware the words "I was only following orders!" have even been muttered in defence of mass genocide, but still, like I say there is defiently a difference, between what Jon did and what people do in time of war.

Ah fuck, this sucks. I was very, VERY shocked when I found out about this. o_O I still can't seem to get over it...

In any case, save for Reinkaos, The Somberlain is one of the most kick-ass black metal releases...ever! Storm of the Light's Bane isn't too far off, either - another brilliant record! At least Jon will forever be remembered for these twpo masterpieces.

:worship: Regardless of some of the comments, bow down and respect this guy for bringing out some of the most brutal tunes out there. You know Dissection in the early 90's ruled all.

RIP, Jon.