Do your parents like Bodom?

Undefined

Indefinite Entity
Sep 27, 2006
Unsure and Inexact
Random thing to ask, but I'm curious if anyone's parents here like Bodom. I was burning my dad a CD the other day (he is 58) with shit like Def Leppard, Bob Seger, The Eagles, etc on it. Then he asks me to put 'that band I always listen to' on it, referring to Bodom. I put on In Your Face and Hate Me! He seems to like it.

Is there anyone else out there this has happened to? Discuss.

I downloaded all the songs on my dad's comp, which consist of mostly rock stuff, but also children of bodom, which he likes. I showed him some necrophagist aswell, but he didn't like it :erk:

Both of my parents enjoy the music but can't stand the screaming, that's why they never listen to Bodom. but I made them listen to some solos of Alexi and Janne and they liked them. But even though my dad doesn't like Bodom, he came to their concert with me twice :lol:

I am a parent (I'm 53). I've been into metal since I was 16 and I aint stopping now just cuz I'm old and somebody's mum! I love Bodom (and some far more extreme stuff besides) and I have recently succeeded in converting my 15 year old daughter. (Btw, hi - I'm new!)

I would love to have a mother like you

My parents hate CoB
My dad makes fun of me and says things like
":headbang: The headbanger arrived:headbang: " in a very sarcasm way and my mum...
she just doesn't like but stays universal when it comes to music

My parents don't like any kind of metal so probably they don't like COB either. I'm not sure if they would even recognize the name.

Since I'm parent I can tell that my kids like Bodom a lot. My 4 year daughter thinks "it's best dance music ever", but she also thinks that Ville Laihiala from Sentenced) "has much better voice than Alexi" :lol: .

nope, my parents don't like any kind of metal...they don't mind it tho.

Same. Although my dad used to be heavily into Iron Maiden, he saw loads of their concerts when they were still a small band and had only just got Bruce in their lineup.

He promised to me that he would find the old 1984 World Slavery tour shirt he bought, but he never found it :erk:

My dad digs The Echo Song by Paul Gilbert and that's just about as far as he goes into liking my music. Bodom I guess he just thinks is weird along with everything else.

My dad likes children of bodom a lot. Especially Angels don't kill. He also like Iron Madien and some other power metal bands. He came to children of bodom and iron maiden shows with me. Though he despises any kind of death metal.

well i only live with my dad but he find the guitarplaying and the keyboard and the harmony of the guitar and keyboard very inpressive but he doesn't like the vocals but fuck that i like it :p

my dads favorite is the Tokyo Warhearts intro on Touch like angel of Death :D

My mother often stoles me CDs, like Muse, Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, Blackfield, Vertical Horizon, a lot of 70's things I have to re-burn because she keeps them into her car -___-" but things like CoB aren't her thing at all.

My dad loves COB almost as much as I do, actually we have pretty much the same taste in music, except that he also likes techno and the occasional hiphop song :puke:

Actually, without him dragging me to the Böhse Onkelz festival I probably would've never gotten into COB so much... I mean, I had already listened to some older stuff, like Tokyo Warhearts and Hatebreeder, but only after I had seen them live I became a "true" fan. :kickass: