Does a group like this exist?

Originally posted by Alex78
Check out Candiria! they're playing hardcore mixed with jazz and some hip-hop. very complicated stuff, but very good!

This is EXACTLY who I was going to suggest!!!!

Good stuff - definately jazzy and heavy with growls.

That's why I love posts like this... you try to help someone else and then someone else ends up helping you... many thanks MeaCulpa!

Maudlin of the Well...

I just downloaded a few songs on MP3.com... all I can say is wow...
This is some of the coolest music I have heard in a long time...

If you get a chance to see Dillinger Escape Plan live, I seriously suggest that you do it. They're not so much a band, more an incendiary devise exploding on the stage! Seriously. Fucking mind-meltingly awesome.. I've never seen such technical music being played by guys literally going fucking bananas. The fucking guitarist was hanging from his feet from the lighting rig at one point, and he still played the solo spot on!

Fuck!

Originally posted by Lee_B
If you get a chance to see Dillinger Escape Plan live, I seriously suggest that you do it. They're not so much a band, more an incendiary devise exploding on the stage! Seriously. Fucking mind-meltingly awesome.. I've never seen such technical music being played by guys literally going fucking bananas. The fucking guitarist was hanging from his feet from the lighting rig at one point, and he still played the solo spot on!

Fuck!
I've seen them live - pure sonic madness... :eek: I had never really liked them, but now they released an EP with Mike Patton, which is just incredible (maybe because now I can actually follow the song structure :) ... Download "When Good Dogs Do Bad Things"!)

Check out Forgotten Silence => brilliant music, really.

They mix jazz, funk with death metal (death vocals but also amazingly clean female vocals!). Great music.

Maybe also try Lykathea Aflame, weird and complex music...very hard to find. It sounds like Cryptopsy mixed with some mellow/jazz pieces.

Another one is Uncrossed, but I don't like the vocals (awful grunt)

If you like the weird time odds and complex style changes you can also try Theory in Practice...

Exend:cool:

Nektar was an awesome, and very underrated prog band from the 70's. They arent mind blowingly technical but theyre really good.