Does Reroute to Remain really appeal to fans of Linkin Park, Slipknot and Korn?

They dont appeal to numetal fans, they appeal to numetal individuals, I know plenty of people who hate In Flames, and plenty who love them, and even more who dont know them. And the more you all keep argueing about In Flames being numetal, it wouldnt suprise me if they made an EP or album in the numetal genre just to annoy fans more. In Flames have more sarcasm than any band I know off, i wouldnt put it past them.

I remember reading this post a long time ago and never bothered replying to it. Me too I like mocking those kids hanging at the mall, those who say it's cool to scare old ladies and children with their stupid corpsepaint and spikes everywhere. Well for some time, it's funny to see them from acting that way but I dont think that they really care for the music they listen to. Most of them.

Of course the "trend" they're into might help them have a listen to some good bands, and I dont blame any of those bands they listen to. What I think is a shame is that some bands might turn into jokes because of their fans (i.e. Slipknot, Korn, etc). Now that would hurt if that would happen to european metal bands like In Flames, no?

Maybe not. Not if you look at it from the outside.
Even if the musicians claim to write music for themselves they still think about their eventual listeners, that's why they'd talk about social problems and speak the "youth's language" in certain context. Hey, that's the nu-metal style! Yes, that's what I call the "emo" lyrics. With swearing and all that crap to catch some attention from the little rebels that lie in all teens.
However on the other side of the ocean, it doesnt work that way. I admit I started listening to In Flames while I was into punk, grunge and Metallica. The first thing that caught my attention was the music. I never bothered reading the lyrics for a long while and at that time I was also learning to play guitar (thanks IF for this gigantic influence!).
Later on I was playing for a short while in a hardcore/emo band in high school. I made them hear a bit of In Flames music, and ya know it's not easy to have an open mind on music when you've been into a certain style for years. Those hardcore/emo kids said they didnt like the vocals. Well yeah, it's not nu-metal (or "USA metal dealing with teens social disorders")!

You cant get people to change their habits from a day to another, it's never possible anywhere. Those kids you call "fans of Slipknot and Linkin Park", they would start listening to more extreme (or "not ordinary") music once they're ready. Or... once they're done dealing with their pre-teen problems? :p
At that moment you can wonder if they'll keep their piercings and spikes and start working 9 to 7 and say "yeah, I was once a rebel ya know..."
So that's it for my socio-psychological essai. :loco:

And seeing how In Flames are being dynamic in their musical evolution, how can you get people to like their stuff in general? You'd make them download a song or two from Kazaa, like "Moonshield" or "Ordinary Story", and the rest they'll check out, like "Behind Space" they'll say it's shit. Just because it doesnt sound the same. And anyway, they'll always tell you that the vocals suck. :tickled:

Vocals are always the first complaint, because at most of times people say its pointless having lyrics if its not understandable. I dont know what to say to it, I enjoy the music.
When people start hating bands because they change their soudn a bit and get more popular even though its well deserved is more annoying than any numetal fans.

Reactions: Peekaboo
You take this too seriously. It's for fun, and not to prove anything. Why can't you have fun with something without bitching about nu-metal.

not all of them..

Colony is overrated, and RTR is underrated because of all the bashing...

Zombie Inc. and Embody The Invisible are extremely overrated... RTR has a few songs that aroen't great, but none that bnoring... those two are kind of just typical, not unique like other IF songs... sure a few songs on RTR sound a lot like each other, but they're different than the rest o f the albums... and RTR, CC, and Free Fall all have great intreos

Steve...

Just do the whole thing again, just with different people. There's lots of posers. Just find them.

Watch out for certain people. If you see someone with an Incubus shirt, they won't like the music because of the vocals, that's all. I'm sure they won't say any bullshit, but they're probably used to Incubus and their peers(Lostprophets, Hoobastank, Darwin's Waiting Room, Alien Ant Farm) with their clean vocals and laid-back/heavy style. Just letting you know.

Also, play Emperor instead of Dissection, and play The Hive or The New World instead of Jester's Dance. Play Artifacts. Play the catchy, accessible stuff.

I'm waiting to hear what happens...

I'm not going to repeat the whole thing...

This time for the kids that think they're evil, I'm going to play Morbid Angel :D
And I might throw in some Lunar Srain stuff...

Man! If you go see somebody that sais that limp bisket , korn, slipknot is metal and not in flames you should fuck him up so bad for being the most imbacile and most embarrasind ( metal ) listener in the hole fucking world!!!! My fucking god...I would of kicked him!!!! I hate r2r...but even if I hate it..it's 1000 times better then that fucking boring shit!!! he thing with r2r is that..it is metal but...less ( strong ) metal if we can put it like that...I mean..when you look at the changes they took well then you say...yeah..thats suck next to old stuff...but if you start to hear in flames with r2r well its not the same thing..cause you cant refer on any old stuff...so in flames is what he heres..

If you're going to do it again Steve, play some Fuck... I'm Dead, Anaal Nathrakh, Watchmaker and Krieg. They would love all that if they think they're hardcore.