Does Reroute to Remain really appeal to fans of Linkin Park, Slipknot and Korn?

Actually, there would be times when I'd play metal in school and I'd get really weird reactions.

Nevermore - Dreaming Neon Black..."This sounds exactly like Slipknot."
In Flames - Clayman..."I swear I've heard this before, or heard something exactly like this but by a different band."
Katatonia - Right into the Bliss..."It's not baaad, but I don't really see the big deal about it."
My Dying Bride - Like Gods of the Sun..."This is crap, I don't like it."

Basically, they're only trying to somehow prove that the reason why it's not played on the radio is because it's not good...apparently. Right...

I like this one though...

Bloodbath - Mass Strangulation..."Holy shit"

:tickled:

Haha...sweet.

I actually played At the Gates, Earth Crisis, and In Flames to some nonmetalheads in the orchestra and they all said it was pretty good.

Guess the real musicians know their stuff...

Well, withthe split to 2 high schools this year in my town (1 last year), there aren't as many posers... so I'll need to plan this well... and It'll be a while so I can find some more fun freshmen to harass :D

In Flames DO appeal to Slipknot fans, bt not Linkin Park or Korn...

Try playing Trigger to the others, then play Strapping young lad or something... and tell us the reactions ;)

In Flames don't appeal to Slipknot fans for the right reason. they like whatever is loud but they don't look for musical qualities.

I'm planning the second one. The two tracks I know I'll play are Behind Space and Blood In The Streets.

I don't get why people wouldn't like In Flames. They're so damn catchy!

Like Swim, or The Hive, or Artifacts...the songs are really catchy...

BTW, I'm on the lam from the guys on the Opeth board. They're going apeshit because I told them that I like Limp Bizkit aND Opeth. It's possible, cause I'm like the most openminded music listener on the planet.

Help!

Durst is an asshole, yes, but I do like some Limp Bizkit songs. It's not a crime.

The other guys in the band actually have a degree of talent.

Plus, they're no longer trendy. All the Slipknot-hoodie kids hate them, too...but in any case, I'm done defending them. People need to learn their own way that people like me exist, who just like a whole lot of stuff for no apparent reason other than that they like it.

Try playing IF and the other extreme metal to kids who don't dress all goth-lite. You may be surprised by some answers and responses.

I tried playing some Emperor to a girl in my IT class. The reaction was somewhat amusing.

I've actually managed to get some of the wannabe-goth kids in my school into In Flames, so I guess they're not all that close minded.

These are just the select interviews here.

of course, I got the intelligent nu-metal fans into real metla, and they're my friends, it's the idiots and posers I do this to.

I was playing Bloodbath the other day, and one of my classmates was like, "Turn that off right now, that music is making me go mad!"

Oh, forgot to mention, one time I was listening to Clayman, and this guy was joking around and asked me if I hated my parents, almost like implying I listen to the music because I'm fucked up.