doom metal!!!!

Sludgey doom:

Acid Bath
Rebreather ( AWESOME!)
Buried At Sea
Rwake
Pelican (Stoner Sludge, no vox, if you havent heard 'em yet do so)
Eternal Elysium (Stoner Sludge)
Negative Reaction
Graves at Sea
Sourvein
Toadliquor
YOB
Warhorse (imperative that you own As Heaven Turns To Ash)

I'll not have a #1 this year. I will list my favourite 10 albums and be done with it. Ranking makes no sense just because my list will be completely eclectic.

EDIT: Besides what I like now may change in 3 months, and vice versa.

I hope to have one of those #1 albums this year, so far not though. Last year had like 4 albums that were #1 quality (HoM, KC, KO., and... okay maybe just 3. Whatever.).0>0

2005 has been a good year for doom with Monad and Amartia being two amazing albums...The other good release being Umbra nihil's Gnoia.

P.S listen to the Asunder song snow2fall posted, great song (album is called a clarion call)..wonder whats going on with that band..

@spikes: Pantheist's Amartia is just beautiful. :worship: I like Umbra Nihil a lot too, haven't listened to Gnoia though.

Have you heard the Asunder split album with Like Flies On Flesh? Pretty good too, imho. I had to order the Asunder stuff from Life Is Abuse in the US because I couldn't get it here. :bah:

doom for this year:

Rev. Bizarre - Crush the Insects
Mournful Congregation - Monad of Creation
Thee Plague of Gentlemen - Primula Pestis
Isole - Forevermore
Pantheist - Amartia

i'm pprobably forgetting some, but those are the ones i own.

snow2fall said:
@spikes: Pantheist's Amartia is just beautiful. :worship: I like Umbra Nihil a lot too, haven't listened to Gnoia though.

Have you heard the Asunder split album with Like Flies On Flesh? Pretty good too, imho. I had to order the Asunder stuff from Life Is Abuse in the US because I couldn't get it here. :bah:
Ya i have heard the early split, i like it. I just checked their webpage and they have a new song on a split with graves at sea. If you liked umbra nihil on the the split with Aarni do check out gnoia it's trippy/whacked out doom :headbang:

Thanatopsis123 said:
How long is that Asunder/Graves At Sea split?
The asunder song alone is almost 20 minutes, so i imagine all together it's around a half hour. (graves at sea has 2 songs)