Dream Theater

farren said:
One must be on the defense at all times when amidst a messageboard of angry mall-metalers.

So you think James sounded as good on LSFY as he has live on the past two tours?
OMFGZERG.

Actually I think he sounded better on LSFY.

My Remarks:
When Dream And Day Unite: 7.5/10
Images And Words: 9/10
Awake: 6/10
Falling Into Infinity: 7/10
Metropolis 2: Scenes From A Memory: 10/10
Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence: 5.5/10
Train Of Thought: 7/10
Octavarium: 8/10

A Change Of Seasons EP: I can't rate this because its just got 1 original song. But its a great song. i'll leave it at that.

Ok kids, so there you go. You have to realize that these are my opinions and you may not share my view (I dont expect you to). To say that a band 'sucks' is really silly especially with regards to DT when their taste is something very much acquired and not spontanaeous. That being said, I thought this forum was one of the more educated ones with less childish shit-flinging. Guess I was wrong.

Kerry King

farren said:
I see you kids don't know very much history and don't realize how bands like Opeth got relatively popular in relatively unreceptive places like North America. It wouldn't have happened without the internet, word of mouth, and developed, older online communities such as the forums at Dream Theater's site, their members' sites, and other strong communities like Megadeth's forums.

Opeth wouldn't be as big as they are now if not for fans of other bands like Dream Theater. Who knows, they might have even kept writing good music.
Hmm... Maybe that's true in the US, but many people I know (myself included) started listening to Opeth (and other bands in similar gengres) way before they even heard a song by Dream Theater.

MixGrafix said:
DREAM THEATER CANCELLED THE DETROIT SHOW TONIGHT. FUCKERS. I WAS GOING TO RECORD THE SHOW FOR TUBBS!

NO RESCHEDULE DATE EITHER!
:( I might be going to either the one in Boston on the 30th or the super duper one in New York on the 1st. I highly doubt either of these will happen, as tickets are over 100 fucking dollars. :mad:

Not a huge fan, mostly because of LaBrie and the cheesiness that invades some of their songs in general.

But Awake.......2/3 of it is an all-time great, from like Track 4 onward. Mirror, Lie, Scarred, all great. Everything else I could basically take or leave.

:lol: :lol: :lol: What a horrendous peice of poo I think that song is, seriously. I personally think Caught In A Web kills it. New Millenium is fine, but it doesn't beat it by much. The Mirror and Lie both pwn it royally, but not as much as CIAW.

I'm just saying what I think. I'm not trying to start an argument here. :rolleyes: