dreams in different languages

Malaclypse

Oct 18, 2001
this ought to be some topic for the opeth board, but i like to know if YOU ever had a dream in a language apart from your mother tongue... i once had this dream and it was totally english. quite nice.
2nd question concerns the colours of your dreams. do they, at all, have colour? my problem is i simply can't remember... i recall tiny bits during the day until i get the main "plot" together, but that's about it. i can't remember any details or colours.

There are few dreams I can remember well. The most recent, the one I remember best had no words...
It was made of feelings, tactile sensations and scents. Yet it had color, a warm light like that of a candle.

I don't recall having ever experienced a dream in any language other than mine except for one... it was in latin, and it was no sweet dream.

i think in english all the time, is the key to learning a foreign language because it was the key to learning your natural tongue when you where a kid. And yea i have been known to dream in english too, specially when i dream about english speaking persons.

ehmmmm I guess just in Spanish, I'll try to dream when I'm abroad, may be dreams come in German while I'm in wacken!

about color, sometimes fullcolor (16 million colors, no that gif shit) sometimes black&white and sometimes in monotone in some other color normaly light shady brown

i have never thought about these...but i think i have never dreamt in any other language except for greek...
as for the colours,my dreams are with colours....sometimes with dark ones..

my dreams are so bright so BIG SO DEEP that i sometimes wake up and and am struck by a serious depression because i'm so disappointed to be back in this flat, grey world again :cry:

all colours, all feelings, but one language (german); a bit strange cause a lot of the time awake i don't speak, sing or write in my mothertongue...

my dreams suck cause quite often they let me reach aims i always "dreamed" of just to let me wake up seconds later to see that i haven't reached anything.

it is a sad and beautiful world

i only recall bad dreams. some of them are in italian, while others are in english, but that hardly has any relevance since mostly they're not the kind of nightmares where everybody gets talkative and speaks a piece of his mind. they're the kind of nightmares where you turn and run.
they're all in colours. i don't remember ever having a dream in black and white.

rahvin. (straight from tel'aran'rhiod)

Originally posted by terria
my dreams are so bright so BIG SO DEEP that i sometimes wake up and and am struck by a serious depression because i'm so disappointed to be back in this flat, grey world again :cry:

More or less the same for that last dream I had... the one with warm colors, not the one in latin!
Actually when I woke up, I told myself 'NO! No! Damn! It was just a dream!! Damnit!'...

my dreams arent usually color based, their always in english. The only colors I get just go with surroundings, no overpowering color.
I had a dream a laundry basket was tryin to kill me once when I was 5, that fuckin ruled all!

Interesting question... Let me see :err:
Yes I have dreamt in other languages appart from Spanish... For instance, I dream in English when I am visiting my English family or when I am travelling abroad (not so often as I would like to do it).
I also dream in other languages... Lately I have a tendency to dream in Norwegian... It Is very amusing because my oneiric Norwegian is much better than the actual one :loco: ...How is it possible?
I always dream in colors... What I can't remember is whether I see my hands in my dreams or not. Some people say if you can see them it's because you've been taking a trip ut of your body. :loco:

most of the dreams I can recall were in a strange monochrome, like those old b/w movies, with red showing emtional emphasis, mostly women....

I mostly dream without words at all, just emotions, and a knowledge of what is meant in the course of a conversation, kinda hard to describe, but that's how it is.

As far as I know I've so far only dreamt in german. My english is way too bad, it would turn every nightmare into a funny dream if I dreamt in english (but only if you realize that you or the people that appear in the dream are using bad/funny grammar). :)

I dream in English a lot, I'm Chilean and I speak Spanish, and never remember if the dreams have colors or not, well it seems that I have Black and White dreams only, and I always remember the dreams darker than anything else, so it would be very difficult to know if they hve colours

me thinks a lot of you remember more about your dreams than I thought possible ;)

Ill remember hints of them when I wake up, but it usually fades and I forget all about em.

I mostly dream in English since it is the language I know the best. I also very occasionally have the language of Chinese (Cantonese) spoken in my dreams as I can speak that language too...

I always dream in full color with vivid details... They sometimes seem more in depth and solid than my real life. Some dreams I believe to be reality when I am dreaming.

There were times when I felt like I was dreaming when I was awake...

Originally posted by Final_Vision
me thinks a lot of you remember more about your dreams than I thought possible ;)

Ill remember hints of them when I wake up, but it usually fades and I forget all about em.

hm. ever had a dream diary? waking up, writing, getting up, having forgotten, rereading it, being afraid of what is in your head, never wanting to fall asleep again?
have a try!:D

never have hehe. I only remember bits after i wake up, and I dont really dream that often, but i think it would be interesting. Ill give it a try sometime hehe.