dreams in different languages

Originally posted by FatherVic
the ones that really scary me are the dejavus, I've had many really really scary, with more than 4 years of distance between the dream and the real scene!!!!!

Scary in what way?
And what kind of dejavus? Did you remember the dream? Did you feel it will come true?

Siren (who thinks that maybe we should make another thread for this)

my dreams are often 'controlled' by my moods, what i listen before/while sleeping & my lucid dreaming abilities(when i have them)...
most of the time i dream in spanish but i've been dreaming in english more and more lately & even though i don't understand perfectly other languages i've had dreams in italian, french, finnish, swedish, norwegian, icelandic, german and... enochian :err:
i have insomnia now but when i slept more i could remember my dreams completely, most of the times are in colors but i've had some in b/w.
This may sound stupid but I remember some unsual 'formats' as letterbox, anime, stop-motion, one or two in sepia and one in black and white and red :confused:

i often have premonitory dreams & they scare me too 'cause i always fear a nightmare could come true :cry:

Originally posted by Siren

Scary in what way?
And what kind of dejavus? Did you remember the dream? Did you feel it will come true?

Siren (who thinks that maybe we should make another thread for this)

well scary in the sense of being dreamed long time ago and then suddenly you are in that dream! Then you feel you've been or have done that already, and recall that was a dream...But sometimes when the dream has been too weird and suddenly comes to be true, then I remember perfectly when I dreamt that and how I thought that was impossible...
the most extrange one was a dream about being in a really crowded concert and having this girl in front of me and I was sheltering her with my arms. And she wasn't my girlfriend. When I awoke I thought it was strange since I wouldn't split with my g/f but didn't gave much importance. Two years later I happened to go to wacken and then knew some great ppl in the bus and I found myself sheltering one of the girls of the trip and then I remembered perfectly the dream...It was exactly the same situation!!!!!! that scared me, dreaming something that was to became reality in 2 years of advance!!!!
had some quite similar, but this was really strange for me

@fathervic: i often find that in such situations you actually re-invent the dream years later under the light of future events. it's not as if i want to be that drastic about déja-vus or dreams & mysteries, but it's very well known that the conscious mind starts adding logic and making up connections between stuff we've dreamt (usually a few separate images sticked together) as soon as we wake up and 'remember'.
i find it scary enough that all this cross-referencing is already in our mind in the first place, but i'm kinda skeptical as far as prophecy-dreams go...

rahvin.

Well, the most "scary" deja-vu I've had was at a family trip.
We were touring south Greece with car and we stopped at a hotel outside a town called Githio.
At some point I saw a place at the hotel that I knew I had seen before.
I asked my parents if we had been there before and they said that they had stayed at the very same hotel many years back. They couldn't remember the exact time, but they assumed it was a few years before I was born..

I have never happened to have such amazing dreams....
I had some future-telling dreams.... oh, nothing but bad-luck spells (that became truth, of course...:() ...oh, once, when I was at school, I dreamt a math test....I answered, in the real life, to the same question my teacher made me in the nocturnal fiction... nothing more...
Oh, I happened to dream the same person every night for more than 2 months, but I don't think it's such a weird thing.....

a

Originally posted by MightyA

Lucid dreaming is a really interesting subject. I have done some investigation about it and nowadays I remember almost all my dreams and have pretty good control of what I wish to do in my dreams.

Most of the times I do have control of what I dream too, not always, but of those I don't have, are usually visions, telling me about the future...
I do have visions as day dreams too...

EDIT: correct a typo...

Originally posted by Siren
Well, the most "scary" deja-vu I've had was at a family trip.
We were touring south Greece with car and we stopped at a hotel outside a town called Githio.
At some point I saw a place at the hotel that I knew I had seen before.
I asked my parents if we had been there before and they said that they had stayed at the very same hotel many years back. They couldn't remember the exact time, but they assumed it was a few years before I was born..

this happens when they change the matrix :D

@rahvin: well I'm not that skeptical about some things....I am about fortune tellers and tarots and stuff....but well that dream was clear enough and I discussed it with my Xgirlfriend about how strange it had been.....and so when it happened I remembered it as clear as it was.....
but well I don't know, may be my mind just messed it up....who knows....

My dreams are completely abstract, they are like a changing movie without especific sense or defined direction. I dream, and all things around me during the dream are reminded only few minutes after my awakening.

Btw, I know what kind of dreams I had in a concrete night, but as far as I remember, I never had an erotic dream before. (Maybe I waste all my sexual energy during the day).

@tlantis: Stop dreaming with me!

Oh! that's why I have all this hot dreams huh????

hehehehe well I've had some really ehmm nice dreams with full detail...sometimes, waking up is a really painful thing!

the worst is waking up when you are about to get into the dirtiest part of the dream *blushes* ;)

i hate abstract/messed up dreams,cause even though i can make some connections between some elements appearing on my dream and some events/thoughts i've had in real life,i can never compose all these things to a whole meaningful thing.... :mad:
i am still pondering about this weird dream i had the other day...about this plant suddenly turning into candle melting flowing to the floor....brrr....it reminds of the lyrics of "never freeze" (diary of dreams song)
ok,i'm shuting up now :D

you weren't the only one :(

:cry:

and last night i had this shocking realization,who's been eating my mind today...

and i also find an "explanation" for the plant dream...i don't know if it is correct,but well....
hmmm the plant is the stability,the monotony somehow....with suddenly comes to an end,turns into sth inexpected...the flowing represents this change...
i remember i felt sort of astonished and at the same time scared during my dream....
the whole scene is probably based on an inner-wish :eek:
oh,well......enough with with my dreams...