dreams

I don't dream when asleep. Never have. I can recall maybe 2 deams that I've had over my lifetime.....if that. But over the course of a year, as an example.....I don't dream. Maybe the creativity that I have is played out and untilized enough during the work day that I have nothing left over when I sleep.

I've told people about this and they think it is odd. Anyone else fall into this category.....the non-dreamers during sleep?

The Winnipeg Warrior said:
I don't dream when asleep
if you didn't dream while asleep, you'd eventually dream while awake, i believe it's called "REM deprivation induced psychosis" which you definetely don't have obviously you're just not remembering your dreams which is totally normal for a person with your personality type as described by you in your posts on the other threads... i would have actually been sort of surprised if you really were able to remember any of your dreams...

LORD_RED_DRAGON said:
i didn't mean any kind of officially labeled personality type, but rather the way he describes himself as logical anylitical calm etc etc in other threads

.....thanks, I appreciate that. I take that as a compliment. I'm in a Type-A industry with a Type-B personality. Not a marriage made in heaven but somehow it works. I'm the mediator, the conflict manager, the problem solver, and the big brother. Then I go home and scream at my fish! (LOL)

But in all honesty.....I rarely dream. And have no recollection of them. Sleep about 5 or 6 hours a night. Am not a morning person.....and my mind is in overdrive in the later part of the day and the wee hours. When most people are slowing down or are asleep.

Funny thing.....I did have a dream the other night that I got a speeding ticket. Got pinched by one of those red-light cameras. I tossed and turned and couldn't stop thinking about it. Dreaded the fact that I'd have to pony up the $185 dollar fine. I even saw the image on the mail-out that they sent me. There it was in black and white.....I ran a red and was zooming through at 10mph over the speed limit. My license plate was clearly visible. Was this really happening?

Then I woke up with my sheets soaking wet and realized that it was a dream. Whew.....nothing to worry about.

Anyway, go to work.....come back at the end of the day and check the mail. Damn.....it was that a speeding ticket I had dreamnt about. Same everything.....except the fine. It was $210.00.

A dream and a nightmare all in the same day! :erk:

'm just curious... What personality type is that? My boyfriend rarely ever remembers his dreams. When he does, it's very vague.
Not sure you can connect that with personality type. It can change from time to time, and you can work on making yourself remember almost all your dreams every night in short time, by making dream jurnal, writing it all down as soon as you open your eyes, and by giving yourself suggestions that you will remember all of your dreams in the morning. If your boyfriend is not interested in his dreams, and even maybe does not wants to know some things he hides from himself, than maybe that can cause him to not remember his dreams. As this is communication line between subconsious part of the psyche and our consious "self", if we are showing interest in what our "higher self" wants to tell us, dreams are usualy becoming more colorful and symbolic, and tend to be more a message than simple rolling thru events of the previous days.

@Winnipeg Warrior: Ask around and you may end up surprised how many people have had dreams about things that they were impossible to be aware of at that time, or dreams about things were about to happen in future.

The Winnipeg Warrior said:
Sleep about 5 or 6 hours a night.
i used to have a book (got stolen) about dreaming that talked about how a "normal" person dreams several seperate times while asleep (with charts) claiming that the dream that most people are able to remember the most vividly is the one that happens just before waking up if you sleep an entire 8 hours, but that this "memorable" dream doesn't happen if you don't sleep a full 8 hours non-stop

Final_Product said:
How on earth can you have any experience outside your own? Read descartes, it's pretty basic stuff.

http://www.philosophyonline.co.uk/pom/pom_other_minds_introduction.htm

How can we actually be sure everyone else dreams in the same way we do? Or even at all?

Actually, I have heard a great deal from my friend about this subject. They would monitor people in sleep labs and wake them when they were in REM sleep and ask then what they were dreaming about. There is also a scale to measure they type of dreamer you are 1 is pretty much real life situations boring and like living normal life then 5 is crazy vivid fantasy that has no barring to the real world or its evens. For example, a dream about driving to work and working would be 1 where as a dream that you are a shapeshifting alien on a underwaterplanet eating sea serpants and flying through space would be a 5.

The basis of type is determined by one side of your brain being more active then the other. This one guy who lost that middle part that connects the two hemispheres had 1 dreams because he had no imagination.

LORD_RED_DRAGON said:
i used to have a book (got stolen) about dreaming that talked about how a "normal" person dreams several seperate times while asleep (with charts) claiming that the dream that most people are able to remember the most vividly is the one that happens just before waking up if you sleep an entire 8 hours, but that this "memorable" dream doesn't happen if you don't sleep a full 8 hours non-stop

Yes that's exactly right... I had forgot all about that I learned it in high school.

have any of you had a dream where you were with som1 the entire dream then woke up and couldnt stop thinking about that person all day? happend to me last night, and today i was strangly nice to that person(lets call her mariah for conversation sake) all day. and i didnt want to leave "mariahs" side.. made me really think about dreams...

MTLHEAD_789 said:
have any of you had a dream where you were with som1 the entire dream then woke up and couldnt stop thinking about that person all day? happend to me last night, and today i was strangly nice to that person(lets call her mariah for conversation sake) all day. and i didnt want to leave "mariahs" side.. made me really think about dreams...

Yes. There's this girl from highschool (Carla) who I sometimes dream of ..and I've liked her ever since gradeschool and well, dreams can really stir up a lot of emotion. And like, it's nothing sexual in the dream, but feels like so much more. :erk:

1. Of course.
2. Hard to say. Year ago I would've said no and "bah, humbug" for the whole thing. But... Last autumn I saw a bizarre and rather vivid dream* that had lot of symbolism in it. I tried to figure out the symbolism, but didn't really figure out anything except the very obvious stuff. My mom was also in the dream which is rare, and three weeks later she got a cerebral hemorrhage and two weeks later died. I've since interpreted the dream in several ways, including a prophetic version (my mom will be leaving "the track" and although she goes on, I shouldn't follow for it will be my downfall, caused by me).
3. I'm not very keen to the idea of anything supernatural about dreams. Most likely explanation I think is that it's subconcious, sometimes telling you stuff, sometimes just going insane for the fun of it. :) Although I'm open to other (more metaphysical) explanations too. Final Product's posts say a lot of the same stuff I would.

*The dream was like this: I was walking by a railroad with my mom. There was a big snakehead eating it's own tail (not like ourobouros, but a separate head eating a cut off tail) next to a railroad track. I was running away from it (and the track) with my mom, she then stomped the snake to death but we kept on running and climbed a steep rock formation, when I fell and a scorpion (my starsign, also I felt in the dream that it's actually me) stung me in the face and I woke up.

I definitely believe we are more connected to our reality than most scientists would have us think.

Powerful dream.

that was deep brother...*snap fingers* *snap fingers* *snap fingers* *snap fingers* *snap fingers* ... but does make alot of sense