Dreamthread

BasilisK

Good day, pusscake.
Apr 16, 2002
The desert.
Visit site
EDIT: Bumped from obscurity since it has been mentioned again :)

What are some of the interesting/weird/etc dreams you've had?

Maybe a really weird dream you had that you can remember. Maybe a recurring dream that you have often. Hell, post what you dreamed about last night if you're bored. Could hear about a lot of interesting stuff.

This one time I had a dream where I was running away from these guys on some old-fashioned train and then I woke up on the floor next to my bed but I didn't really wake up. I woke up into another dream. I was lying on the floor next to my bed and I was wearing a batman mask, screaming at the top of my lungs (in my dream, I wasn't really sleeping in a batman mask). Then I went into some other dream and it kept alternating between me waking up next to my bed and other weird, random crap.

This is a great idea. I had an interesting dream the other night but I can't remember it anymore. Isn't it strange how easily we forget? I have some recurring ones, too, but I can't remember them now either. I know one involves a genie.

I'll post the one I have in my mind sometime when I have a while, it's a long one. Extremely weird. I'm the same way, I forget almost all my dreams within minutes of waking up, but I can remember every last detail of this one....

I can remember when I was like 4 years old I used to have these recurring dreams that I was a suit and tie business man and I was at the top of a building and I would always jump off but right before I hit the ground I would wake up. Also, a few years ago I had a recurring dream about getting shot in the back by gangbangers.

I had a dream the other day that I was sleeping and dreaming.
It was very confuse because I woke up 2 times in the dream before actually waking up

One time I had this dream where I was walking from my 10:30 Cultural Anthorpology/Don't-Really-Give-A-Shit class when all of a sudden it dawned on me that I don't know what I'm doing with my life and I would probably end up a failure, but then I realized I wasn't really asleep, I was awake, and at that point I couldn't distinguish the shittiness of reality from any other shitty, stupid dream that anyone has to talk about.

Ihsahn said:
One time I had this dream where I was walking from my 10:30 Cultural Anthorpology/Don't-Really-Give-A-Shit class when all of a sudden it dawned on me that I don't know what I'm doing with my life and I would probably end up a failure, but then I realized I wasn't really asleep, I was awake, and at that point I couldn't distinguish the shittiness of reality from any other shitty, stupid dream that anyone has to talk about.

Wow, that's depressing. Awesome sig by the way, Wittgenstein and Nietzsche rule.

I had a dream with my deceased grandma a few weeks ago.
In my dream she was happy and looked a bit like she was before she died.. an old but still pretty lady, and a bit like some years ago.. young, still blonde hair and lovely. Suddenly I was talking to her and started crying, and I felt bad 'cause I thought it was my fault and it kinda was but no.. she was crying for something that had to do with me, not because I did something bad to her.. and well.. kind of weird dream.. and it was very rare that I remember it perfectly. I don't usually remember my dreams.
I think maybe this means something. She died in last April and I was very close to her. But what happened in the dream is what made me think.. maybe it was a kind of message? :confused:

If there is one thing that I know, it is crazy dreams.

Yes, had some really out there dreams, but I thought about it for a bit and decided on the best. (I could do a top five, but really who would care?) Sections have been edited to keep it short, it was a very detailed dream and heaps of stuff happened.

I am not sure where exactly we were meant to be but if you imagine it was some sort of big camp thing involving everyone from school (everyone at my school got along well, esp. my year) and I believe that it was limited to my year, which means it could have maybe been a reunion or something. Hard to tell. (I can see this is going to be a bit of typing). But it was strange aswell that we were in this mansion like building which was really a pub but it had room and beds for everyone to sleep upstairs. Anyway - Room and beds and stuff were upstairs and downstairs (basement underground like, no windows, fairly dark, lots of different lighting throughout the place, quite large although we were crowding it a little, not may places to sit down) was this pub-like setup with pool tables and a bar, actually very much like the layout of this one pub that I have only ever been to once.

So anyway there was this party one night (I dont know which or even how long we were at this place, was like a holiday or something) and everythings going well. But for some reason I had this odd sort of thing were I looked at them and focused, then all of a sudden I was them, looking through their eyes. Meanwhile when I was other people, my usual self, which I could now see was on auto-pilot. From here for a bit I was trying to work out how this newfound skill worked. Before long I could become anyone in the room and jump back to myself with ease whenever I wanted. Can you imagine what you could do with that? I went a bit nuts with it. Would jump into someone that I thought was bit of a knob and maybe jump up onto a table and break somethings, say something stupid and do a silly dance just to make an idiot out of them (people seemed to remember what they did but just went along with it like they did it after I 'left' and they became them again). Then if someone was annoying me, I could just jump to them, walk to the other side of the room, stare at the wall (bye) and then back to me. Of course I could also bring people to me and hold fake conversations with myself. Yes, think about all the stuff you could do. And it went on the entire night.

So anyway its the next day and I just wake up the next day in bed, the big room where everyone sleeps and looking up see everyone else is already up, packed and getting ready to leave it seems. They are all in this big room with a huge window on one wall looking over a street (a familiar view from somewhere I go all the time, basically cut and pasted into the dream), and I can hear them talking. I realise all this before I even went to get out of bed, and then panic that I am behind and have to pack while wondering why I wasnt woken up. Just as I finish panning the room I suddenly notice this figure like a robed old man sitting there, I never saw his face. He just turns to me and says something along the lines of I was never supposed to work out how to do the control thing and it would have probably have been let slide except I overdid it. So now I was robbed of the ability and was now dead (why I was ignored in the morning, I didnt even exist). I was just like, dead? dammit why. So I just sort of looked at him and said I had no idea and wouldnt have done it if I had known. After just sitting there for a little the old man looked like he thought about it again and then turned to me again saying that there was one thing that could be done, follow him to where the others were in the room. When we came to the doorway the room was full of famous people, or so it seemed. The old guy gave me the rundown. "These are actually all of your friends here today in this room now, only I have changed their physical appearance so that you cannot recognise them. Also added to the room is yourself alive talking to the others, with a different appearance also. I will give you 24 hours, if you can identify yourself correctly then you get your life back."

So I sat there for a entire day, the old guy sitting down announcing each hour as it went with how much time I had left. I could go right up to anyone and do whatever, they couldnt see me. After about 8 hours I thought I had recognised the main people that I would be around if I was in the room and was trying to place who everyone was one by one. It wasnt working great and I kept rethinking my guesses. Before I knew it I was down to 2 hours, 1 hour, 30 minutes. It was sometime after the old man announced 30 left that I heard a joke from someone in the room. I knew straight away that I was the only person that would say anything like that at all in the room and gave my guess. I got the impression that the old guy was happy that I got it right.

Next thing I knew, I was up far earlier that same morning awoken from sleeping by someone. When I went to try and jump across to controlling someone else, just to see if I could still do it, I found out the ability was gone.

Again, lots more to what else happened, but any more and I would have to start adding chapters.

Well, for fear of rambling on, I'll get to the point that makes the dream memorable enough for me to say "wtf?". My wife stole an old chevy caprice convertible, and I was riding a big mac like a scooter behind the car trying to catch up so I could jump in the back of the car. uhhhh. yeah. :erk:

I have had alot of weird dreams this past month, I think i'll remember one of them when I come back from work, anyhows I just woke up, and I dreamt that the whole balcony in my house had been closed with shades, and that my father asked me to open them up, and I spent a long while trying to do so, but it was stuck. the balcony was very dark. muhouhouhou:(

Alright, I'm bored, so I'll take the time to type one out.

Pretext: I had this dream only one time. I have no idea how I can remember it in such detail. The main subject of all the events in the dream is time. It probably has something to do with my interest in time, distortion of time, the end of mankind, etc... In the dream, there are a lot of things I know for a fact, even though there's no way I could possibly know these things. Diffucult to understand. So when I say I "know" something in the description of the dream, that's what I'm talking about. I just know. I don't know how or why I know, but I just do. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

The dream:

I'm standing on the sidewalk in a neighborhood. From the direction I'm facing, there are three houses on the left. There is nothing else. Nothing behind me, nothing behind the houses, nothing on the other side of the street, or at the end of the street. For some reason, I don't see it as being out of the ordinary. It's like everything aside from these three houses is not part of existence, causing me to not even notice that nothing is there. There's just the three houses.

House #1:
I stand on the sidewalk in front of the house. It's a nice-looking house. There are two floors, nice grass, and a white picket fence. There is one window on each floor. On the ground level floor, there is a very old woman in a rocking chair, just staring at the wall. Through the window on the second floor, I see a young attractive girl with long black hair watching television. I move on to the second house.

House #2:
There are two young children tossing a ball back and forth in the yard. They are brother and sister. They are maybe 10-12 years old. I just "know". Even though I can't see into the house, it's empty. There are no adults/parents there. It's just the two children there, playing with a ball in the yard. They don't acknowledge that I'm even there as I stand and watch them. I move on.

House #3:
The first thing I notice is an old man with a cane standing next to me; He's standing at the edge of the yard by the sidewalk, where I'm standing. He seems to know I am there, but says nothing. I cannot see into this house either, but I "know" there is a large family get-together going on inside. Between 10-12 people, most adults, some children. They are preparing a large dinner as they laugh and talk (which I cannot hear, I just know). There is also a small white cat in the yard. After a few moments, it starts to wander across the street (into the "nothingness").

-----This is where it turns EXTREMELY weird...-----

At that moment, I'm suddenly standing back at the beginning of the same street, though things are much different. I'm now aware of the "nothingness" that surrounds the houses. The empiness now looks like a galaxy in all directions (you probably know what a galaxy looks like from a picture; Swirling cloud-looking formations, stars, etc....). One thing stands out more than anything else; The galaxy-like textures are a crimson/blood red color. The textures are in motion, swirling around, etc... The "nothingness" has turned into a frightfull crimson abyss. That's the best way I can describe it. I move forward as I did before.

Return to House #1:
The fences are broken, the yard is dead. I "know" that time at this house has advanced a great deal. I again look through the windows... On the first floor, the rocking chair is now still. The old woman has been dead for many years. Her corpse continues to decompose in the chair. I "know" she died of old age/natural causes. Upstairs, the young dark-haired woman is also dead. It is obvious she grew very old, and I sense she also died of natural causes. I move forward.

Return to House #2:
Time here has been severely distorted. I first notice the house. It has completely burned to the ground. Nothing is left but blackened rubble and ash. I "know" that the house burned down decades ago. I see the ball the two children were playing with laying unattended in the yard. I then notice the two children standing very near to my right. I don't know how I didn't see them before. While the house itself seemed to advance in time (possibly) centuries, time has gone backwards for the children, but only by a few years. They appear to be 5-6 years old now. They are standing side-by-side, staring at me with wide eyes and the most fearfull look I've ever seen on their faces. For some reason, they are completely terrified of me, and are too scared to even move. After a few moments, I continue on. The children's eyes follow me as I move to the next house.

Return to House #3:
Time here has also been severly distorted in several directions. I see the old man first again. He's still standing there with his cane, but now has the appearance of a zombie. I sense that time has advanced as much as 200 years. The body stands there motionless, but the eyes are moving over me. Somehow, he's still alive, although I know that if I were so much as to touch him, he would crumble. From the outside, the house appears exactly the same, however, I know that the large family inside is dead. There was a fire, and they all burned alive; But it was an unnatural fire. I know that the fire completely destroyed the inside of the house, killing everyone, but from the outside, there is no evidence of a fire. I also sense that the fire occured very recently (within hours). The old mans eyes move away from me. I follow them to the street, where the white cat is now crossing back, towards us. The cat has also been substantially affected by a distortion in time. It is now the size of a large dog, with longer, tangled, dirty fur, and it now has much larger teeth, with small tusks in the front. I know it is the same cat, but it's as if it reverted to what its species would have been hundreds of thousands of years ago. Larger, more muscular, the more deadly teeth, etc. ::::::: The following conclusion to the dream happened in literally under a second :::::::: As the cat wandered up to us, it suddenly lunged at the old mans neck, decapitating him instantly. His headless body fell to the ground, but just as the cat landed on the ground, it fired straight back up towards my neck. I started to put up my hands to shield myself..........

.......... and woke up, never knowing whether I was killed or not.

I always wondered what these people who claim to be able to "interperet" dreams would make of this one.... Dreams always lack logic, but I've never had one quite like this. And I can remember it so vividly.... every detail...

Well, this has taken quite a bit of time to type out. Hopefully it will at least make an interesting read.