DSS3's Stinnett guitar

100_2942Large.jpg

:OMG: sex! and yes that green will look great.

no words

Oh, except to ask - you're oiling it as a finish all the way around, then? (not spraying a clearcoat?)

Oh, except to ask - you're oiling it as a finish all the way around, then? (not spraying a clearcoat?)

Imagine Wicher's custom Angelus or the Angelus HGS... flame top w/semi-gloss matte finish, not lacquer. that's what I'm going for here.

Will... words escape me as well. One of the most gorgeous guitars I've seen pictures of - I'm gonna be scared to play this thing!

Any new updates Will?? Dying to see this beauty...

-Joe

I had some issues with the finish. The oil was making the dye bleed a little on to the unstained areas. Had to strip the finish back down and take a different approach. I was also unhappy with the way the oil was giving too much of an amber tint to the green color. I've since redyed the top using a different shade and I'm much happier with it.

I was planning to just post pics after I had the thing all buttoned up, but here is a pic just after applying a fresh coat of oil (obviously still wet).

Sorry for the delay.

100_3047.jpg

I had some issues with the finish. The oil was making the dye bleed a little on to the unstained areas. Had to strip the finish back down and take a different approach. I was also unhappy with the way the oil was giving too much of an amber tint to the green color. I've since redyed the top using a different shade and I'm much happier with it.

I was planning to just post pics after I had the thing all buttoned up, but here is a pic just after applying a fresh coat of oil (obviously still wet).

Sorry for the delay.

100_3047.jpg

Wow, looks great...I'm sure it was worth the extra effort. Thanks for the update!

-Joe

Sorry for the delay.

100_3047.jpg

Hot. Care if I PM you to ask you questions about finishing? :)