easily offended people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Birkenau said:
Just shut up and show us your tits already!!!

I know this was a joke, but it basically sums up the small, superficial mindset of most guys out there.

As far as disliking what the media displays--violence, drugs, and countless other crimes around the world--I have no quarrel with. Some of it is intentionally over-the-top for dramatic effects; some of it is accurately portrayed.

Either way, I find it much more inclusive than littering what otherwise would be enlightening programs to learn from, to be nothing more than filled with legions of tits everywhere. Is it offensive? No, not for me personally. However, if I want a lot of T&A then I will get it for myself, I won't sit around watching shallow individuals on T.V. or in magazines discussing the beauties of the female body and what they dream about doing to them. It's sad, really.

Do I like the censorship? No, I think a lot of it is uncalled for and at times very amusing. But, I also don't spend a lot of time watching television.

The sequestration of nude beaches and the nudist community doesn't bother me either. Nudity, in itself, does not bother or offend me in anyway. But, not everyone cares to be exposed to to that sort of scene.

judas69 said:
Some advice ...

Can't stand Howard Stern? We can't stand you! (ok that was mean, I'm sorry :()
Nudity offends you? Shower in the dark.
Television and media cross the line? You should become Amish.
Atheists too logical? I hear Christianity is recruiting.
Music lyrics too explicit? Try Raffi.. (though he did sing octopuses garden ..and we all know what that was about)
Vegan? Close your eyes when I eat my burger.. I don't want to hear it.

This post was a hit-and-miss; at times you struck a chord that ringed truer than ever, at times it sounded just as close-minded as the people you criticize.

Howard Stern is a twit through and through. Most of his fan share similar attributes. But, he's free to do whatever he wants and he's not bothering me.

judas69 said:
Atheists too logical? I hear Christianity is recruiting ...

While the majority of Christians are obnoxious phonies, there are just as many Atheists who possess those same shortcomings. I understand that the perception of God by the Western Orthodox Church may be far from the "right" perception of what God would be, or actually is, but Atheism is no more logical than a system that believes that there is an architect of the universe and all that is beyond.

The comments on the vegans and music lyrics were right-on.

G-Master said:
Howard Stern is a twit through and through. Most of his fan share similar attributes. But, he's free to do whatever he wants and he's not bothering me.
While the majority of Christians are obnoxious phonies, there are just as many Atheists who possess those same shortcomings. I understand that the perception of God by the Western Orthodox Church may be far from the "right" perception of what God would be, or actually is, but Atheism is no more logical than a system that believes that there is an architect of the universe and all that is beyond.
the reason people like Howard Stern is because they hate censorship not because they do or don't agree with his opinions. He has the balls (or maybe insensitivity) to say whatever the fuck he's thinking whithout any kind of internal voice telling him "don't say that" or "that would offend people" that's why people like him even when they disagree with his opinions
i tend to believe more in the wiccan "mother goddess" because as i explained in one of the other threads judeo-christianity seems to be a system created to give people the ability to cope with the finality of death and i think it was on this thread that i comented on how vegans suffer nutrient defenciency

The ontological argument in itself is completely valid however, Christianity is doubly-paradoxed at the core and logically riddled with error. You are correct in that "obnoxious phonies" exist on both sides of the fence, this has pretty much always been the case .. but me bringing up Religion had nothing to do with Religion, and everything to do with the lack of tolerance we have towards one another today.

The bototm line is ...a politically correct, censorship-based, feminist society causes more problems than it solves. Nudity is not obscene, and the fact that we are so tolerant of violence and so intolerant of just about everything else, scares me.

He's probably making them up as he goes along. I wouldn't be surprised if he was no older then 12.

judas69; Censorship of a womans body has nothing to do with a "feminist society" considering censorship of nudity has been around long before any feminist movement occured. If anything it's conservative Christian values which keep bodies censored.

Feminism is founded on the belief that women suffer social injustices because of their sex. The objectification of women (ie. women valued more for their physical attributes than that of their intellect) has long been a facet of the feminist movement. Would you disagree?

G-Master said:
the reason people like Howard Stern is because they hate censorship not because they do or don't agree with his opinions. He has the balls (or maybe insensitivity) to say whatever the fuck he's thinking whithout any kind of internal voice telling him "don't say that" or "that would offend people" that's why people like him even when they disagree with his opinions
i tend to believe more in the wiccan "mother goddess" because as i explained in one of the other threads judeo-christianity seems to be a system created to give people the ability to cope with the finality of death and i think it was on this thread that i comented on how vegans suffer nutrient defenciency

judas69 said:
Feminism is founded on the belief that women suffer social injustices because of their sex. The objectification of women (ie. women valued more for their physical attributes than that of their intellect) has long been a facet of the feminist movement. Would you disagree?
Ya OK, Saddam Hussein hates America, therefore by your logic he must be responsible for 9/11 as well.

judas69 said:
The bototm line is ...a politically correct, censorship-based, feminist society causes more problems than it solves. Nudity is not obscene, and the fact that we are so tolerant of violence and so intolerant of just about everything else, scares me.
if you just edit out the word "feminist" then this^^^ makes sense...and it scares me too

Birkenau said:
Ya OK, Saddam Hussein hates America, therefore by your logic he must be responsible for 9/11 as well.
no Saddam was not DIRECTLY responsible for 9/11... but if you actually knew what had happened on sept. 11 1991 then you would know that if Saddam had been killed durring "desert storm" then the twin towers would still be standing...pick up a fucking history book

Birkenau said:

I ask a pretty straightforward question in hopes to better understand your viewpoint, and you respond with this shit?

Here .. try again:

Feminism is founded on the belief that women suffer social injustices because of their sex. The objectification of women (ie. women valued more for their physical attributes than that of their intellect) has long been a facet of the feminist movement.

Would you disagree?

LORD_RED_DRAGON said:
no Saddam was not DIRECTLY responsible for 9/11... but if you actually knew what had happened on sept. 11 1991 then you would know that if Saddam had been killed durring "desert storm" then the twin towers would still be standing...pick up a fucking history book
You're a fucking idiot. Seriously get out, you have no idea what you are talking about.
judas69 said:
I ask a pretty straightforward question in hopes to better understand your viewpoint, and you respond with this shit?

Here .. try again:

Feminism is founded on the belief that women suffer social injustices because of their sex. The objectification of women (ie. women valued more for their physical attributes than that of their intellect) has long been a facet of the feminist movement.

Would you disagree?
I don't disagree, but take into account what I said, censorship has been around long before any feminist movement has. Feminism isn't the cause of people being offended by womens bodies being seen publicly.

Susperia said:
Well, duh. You're a (I'm assuming) heterosexual male, why woudln't you rather see naked women everywhere? It makes sense. However, think about this: What if it wasn't scantily clad women everywhere, but scantily clad men. I don't think you'd be able to so easily "deal" with it then. In fact I think you'd get tired of it pretty easy and wonder why there aren't half naked women too.

No I'm not starting a fight, I just want you to see it from another's perspective once in a while.

Of course not.....boobies or peckers in full view on every street corner is not what I'm saying. I'm just stating that in advertising and marketing, the naked human body in Europe is much more respected and appreciated than over here.....much more dignified where sexuality isn't taboo.....where here we play the backwords hypocritical game. We have to cover up on televison or the films.....but can bare it all in the workplace and in the classrooms. Seems like society saying one thing and doing another.

By the way, in response to your question.....nice pussy you have there!

LORD_RED_DRAGON said:
Seriously get a search engine cross reference "sept 11 1991" with "george bush"
You mean 2001, Saddamn Hussein had little-to-nothing to do with 9/11. 9/11 was a retaliation against America by Al Qaeda for their involvement in the Middle East and their support of the Jews in Isreal. Plus this has nothing to do with the topic, I was simply using it as an analogy.

Birkenau said:
You mean 2001, Saddamn Hussein had little-to-nothing to do with 9/11. 9/11 was a retaliation against America by Al Qaeda for their involvement in the Middle East and their support of the Jews in Isreal. Plus this has nothing to do with the topic, I was simply using it as an analogy.
thank you for remembering that sept 11 was the 10th anniversary of bush senior signing the piece of paper that ended desert storm

LORD_RED_DRAGON said:
thank you for remembering that sept 11 was the 10th anniversary of bush senior signing the piece of paper that ended desert storm
Wow that must liek be some sort of jewish conspiracy lolololol!!!111

Status
Not open for further replies.