Ever listened to Opeth in the Woods?

crimsonfloyd

Apr 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
Latley I've got real into trying to put albums into their own enviorment. I like to go sit out on an empty plain at night, look up at the stars and listen to Emperor or some Robert Fripp Soundscapes, stuff like that. Well today I headed out into the woods and just sat there and listened to Orchid. I have to say it realy brings an album to life when you put it within its natural habitat. So do any of you try to grasp the atmosphere of Opeth in this way?

Yes. Absolutely.
There is this mountain pass that I often drive that lies between my town and the California coast.
The road itself in a very woodsy area that often has heavy fog.
Fog + trees + majestic mountains + opeth/agalloch = ejaculation.

Yeah, music should be listened to in its proper environment, for instance, every time I take a shit I like to throw on some real shitty music. Nothing specific really, just turn on Mtv

I live in the woods. Theres this rock I can walk to which overlies a river. I usually go sit there and bring Opeth with me. My two favorite Opeth albums to bring with me are Morningrise and My Arms, Your Hearse. But any of the first five are good to bring.

crimsonfloyd said:
Latley I've got real into trying to put albums into their own enviorment. I like to go sit out on an empty plain at night, look up at the stars and listen to Emperor or some Robert Fripp Soundscapes, stuff like that. Well today I headed out into the woods and just sat there and listened to Orchid. I have to say it realy brings an album to life when you put it within its natural habitat. So do any of you try to grasp the atmosphere of Opeth in this way?
I know what you mean.... when i'm in hell, i like to listen to dark funeral. Sometimes while i'm riding my horse in the middle earth whit my friends Aragorn, Frodo and Gandalf the gay, i like to listen to Rhapsody.

Yesterday, i was nearby the moon, and i was listening the latest Luca Turillis's album.

:p...@ chang

When you 'put albums into their own enviorment', listening to Opeth in class, your room, or wherever, just isnt good enough anymore..

How is Opeth's natural environment in the woods? The guys in the band live in houses, and they record in recording studios. Where do the woods play in? Promo photos?

Yes, environment and atmosphere play a part, but I think of Opeth more of a rainy weather band, the exception being Morningrise, which I fell in love with while listening to it during a snowfall in upstate NY, driving by myself late at night.

I dont know about wandering into the woods listening to Opeth on a walkman... might run into a bear ;)

Funeral Portrait said:
jesus, how long till we see a thread titled "Ever masturbated to a picture of mikael?"
hmmm..
I could make one now if you are hankering for it.. but please.. have patience