Exclusive: DISSECTION Frontman JON NÖDTVEIDT Commits Suicide - Aug. 18, 2006

I guess this would be an interesting time to note that I just spent 8 hours in a hospital with my girlfriend because she was talking about suicide today and my mom convinced her to call 911.

Demilich said:
I guess this would be an interesting time to note that I just spent 8 hours in a hospital with my girlfriend because she was talking about suicide today and my mom convinced her to call 911.
One of my buddies was talking about commiting suicide saturday night. weird, but not really.

Claws of Perdition said:
that's not cool man :erk: have things been sorted out?

thanks for asking, seriously, so many people just don't want to make an attempt to understand this shit.

after an abusive childhood and losing her brother 9 months ago (to suicide) and her father over the weekend (to complications from pneumonia while on vacation in ireland), its not gonna be easy. i laugh at all the people out there who are gonna think she's a weak person for this.

Demilich said:
thanks for asking, seriously, so many people just don't want to make an attempt to understand this shit.

after an abusive childhood and losing her brother 9 months ago (to suicide) and her father over the weekend (to complications from pneumonia while on vacation in ireland), its not gonna be easy. i laugh at all the people out there who are gonna think she's a weak person for this.

oh man ... sorry to hear that brother. I hope all the best for you guys.
anything you want to vent about here ... don't hesitate.

in high school i was dating a girl that attempted suicide by overdosing on pills. she had had an abusive childhood and had bulimia.

i dumped her within a week of that incident.

J. said:
in high school i was dating a girl that attempted suicide by overdosing on pills. she had had an abusive childhood and had bulimia.

i dumped her within a week of that incident.

You probably finished her off.

J. said:
im indifferent. dont really care one way or another. whether he killed himself because he wants to fly in the cosmos with marvin the martian or because he 's depressed because reinakaka blows and he found a wart on his ballsac, i dont really care.

:lol:

J. said:
ive got my own problems.

Cult of Luna > Graveland

There went all the work you put in to lower your blood pressure. :heh:

Demilich said:

I hope everything gets squared away bro.

dill_the_devil said:
Ah, fuck off. Seriously, do you think anyone reading this thread has in actuality laughed a long, hearty laugh about someone dying. Nope. Most of us assholes took it just as seriously as we'd take a new Recommendations thread, thought of an appropriately wise-assed comment, and then gotten on with our day.

And as for that 'internet warriors' comment - how many people here claiming to want to kill Suspiria would actually stab her given the chance? Or would that put them in the 'they deserve to die for they committed murder' category?

You people are taking this way too seriously. He topped himself for his own reasons. Respect doesn't come into it, whether he's anticosmically summoning chaos or just rotting in the earth, it's all the same to him either way. I'm pretty sure he doesn't give a shit whether people are having a joke about it or punching the air and going "Way to go Jon! I'm going to kill myself for my beliefs too!".

Oh bugger ya. My post was pretty much just pent up frustration at the entire internet, and not aimed at this board. I'd only read the first page of this thread before replying, in fact.

Demilich said:
Christ yo, sucks. :erk:

Demilich said:
How long have you two been together? Did you see this coming? Good luck.

Zod

thoughts out to all who have to cope with depression, it's nothing to sneer at.

seems to me there are two kinds of suicide.

1) the kind that comes from deep despair and hopelessness
/\the kind I have sympathy for

2) the kind where someone realizes they feel they have achieved all they can and therefore further life is useless.

/\I've read that many suicidal people, once they make the decision to do it, reach a very calm, tranquil plateau and actually seem quite content...if swedish tabloids are to be believed, Nordquest or whatever seems to have fallen into that category. But at the same time, it's completely selfish.

When I laugh at this guy, it's only because I think his "philosophy" is merely a derivation of Christianity, i.e., Satan, and while it seems to have meant everything to him, it means less than nothing to me. I feel more for his family and girlfriend because family and loved ones are the ones left to count the cost.

and then there's his dad, going, "hmmmm how could this happen..."

lizard said:
2) the kind where someone realizes they feel they have achieved all they can and therefore further life is useless.
Prior to Nödtveidt's suicide, I had no idea that people actually killed themselves because they had accomplished everything they wanted to accomplish and had become completely satisfied.

lizard said:
Nordquest or whatever seems to have fallen into that category. But at the same time, it's completely selfish.
The idea that suicide is an act of selfishness has always struck me as backwards. Generally speaking, people who actually kill themselves do so because their suffering has grown so intense, that suicide is preferrable to living another day. So isn't it actually selfish of survivors to think that the person who committed suicide should have continued to struggle on? I mean, how selfish do you have to be to wish lifelong mental anguish on someone, just so that they'll continue to be there for you?

lizard said:
When I laugh at this guy, it's only because I think his "philosophy" is merely a derivation of Christianity...
Exactly. Satan is a Judeo-Christian construct. Nödtveidt's beliefs were little more than a reflection of everything he proclaimed to loathe.

Zod

General Zod said:
The idea that suicide is an act of selfishness has always struck me as backwards. Generally speaking, people who actually kill themselves do so because their suffering has grown so intense, that suicide is preferrable to living another day. So isn't it actually selfish of survivors to think that the person who committed suicide should have continued to struggle on? I mean, how selfish do you have to be to wish lifelong mental anguish on someone, just so that they'll continue to be there for you?
icon14.gif
thank you.

General Zod said:
Exactly. Satan is a Judeo-Christian construct. Nödtveidt's beliefs were little more than a reflection of everything he proclaimed to loathe.
and with all due respect, you apparently don't know SHIT about the beliefs of MLO, so you'd do well to shut up if you don't want to look like a complete idiot.

lizard said:
I think his "philosophy" is merely a derivation of Christianity...
look, if you are going to speak about his philosophy, at least take the 12 fucking seconds it takes to read the absolute fucking basics on it. on the FRONT FUCKING PAGE of his religious order's web site: "MLO also dissociate themselves from the so called Christian Satanists who claim to worship and believe in the biblical 'fallen angel'. Our Alchemistic view on the Satanic current and Satan himself has got nothing to do with the Christian schizophrenic delusion that has served the purpose to frighten and enslave the apathetic masses."

General Zod said:
And you'd do well to recognize that the MLO is nothing more a group of D & D rejects who think Satan is spooky and terms like "The Black Flame" and "Draconian Setianism" impress people.
that opinion will have to stand for you. i doubt you know anything about the actual goings-on of MLO. also, d&d rejects or not doesn't matter, they STILL don't have anything to do with the biblical satan, except symbolical use of the names christianity has assigned to the powers that "satan", "lucifer" etc represent. if you knew ANYTHING about MLO you'd realize that they use terms and concepts from hinduism, nordic mythology, ancient sumerian religion, etc. at least as much as those from christianity.

General Zod said:
Lucifer is a biblical concept, nothing less, nothing more. If their beliefs center around Lucifer, as all that I've found about the MLO suggests they do, then their beliefs stem from Juedo-Christian concepts.

If I'm wrong, I'm always willing to learn. Feel free to educate me. After all, you are among Swden's brightest minds.
read the home page. at LEAST, read the fucking quote i pasted above. that right there debunks the whole deal about "judeo-christian satan." YOU are not an authority on what MLO believes in or does not. MLO itself is.