"for those who love hockey" thread

Originally posted by Cornholio
bbf7dabce9085c7e544d3728c9ffa2d1_1.jpg

As I said, McCarty vs Lemieux :cool: :cool: :D

ha ha ha......great pic corny....I bet you have that hanging in your room huh?:D

Not yet, John ... but excellent idea :D

No, this pic is twice in my signature in a hockey forum, ind inbetween those pics is a comment of a reporter after that giant brawl during the game:
"Forsberg bloodied up, Roys bloodied up and Lemieux is helped into the lockerroom" :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :Smokedev:

Germans in the NHL:

jochen hecht (sabres) - 3games - 2goals - 0assists - 2pints - 6pmins
marco sturm (sharks) - 2ga - 2go - 1a - 3p - 2pm
uwe krupp (thrashers) - 1ga - 0go - 0a - 0p - 6m
dennis seidenberg (flyers) - 2ga - 0go - 1a - 1p - 0pm

plus Olaf Kölzig (Caps)

I won't list all the Finns here...would be quite a list. :p

Anyway...Olli Jokinen started his season in the Panthers surprisingly well (2 games, 2 goals, 3 assists).

And some other players I'll keep close look at are Niklas Hagman (Panthers) and Lasse Pirjetä (Columbus) cause they played here in Oulu a year/few years back.

Jokinen is 23 or 24. Looks like this will be his best season.

What? :mad: Canadians I understand, but Swedes? Aargh! :p

Some Finns you should know...
Teemu Selänne, San Jose
Saku Koivu, Montreal
Jere Lehtinen, Dallas
Sami Kapanen, Carolina
Teppo Numminen, Phoenix
Janne Niinimaa, Edmonton

Originally posted by Kalmakoff
Hockey & metal. That's me. What else can I say? :)
I copy that !!!

Metal & hockey is my life !!! :)

unfortunately I can't watch NHL here, got no pay-per.view :cry:

Have I asked you about your fave NHL-team ??
And is there any local hockey-team you go to watch regularly ??

It is DEFINETELY time for you to DL ICQ !!! :D

I'm not sure about my fav NHL team. Probably Edmonton Oilers, but in general I just keep an eye on the whole league.

Here in Finland it's easy to name my fav team: Oulun Kärpät. The team name translates as Oulu Stoats. Small maybe, but fast like hell. :p

We have two former NHLers here: Petr Tenkrat and Drew Bannister. And a top prospect, Joni Pitkänen. And last, but definitely not least, the assistant coach, Reijo Ruotsalainen. :worship:

ICQ, hmm, I'll have to think about it, but I must warn you, I'm as old-fashioned as granpa's fart. :p

Well ...
I don't know about any of the guys you mentioned ...

We have Greg Adams, he used to play in the NHL for more than 1.000 games, Paul Stanton, he once won the Stanley Cup, and maybe several others who once played in the NHL, like our goalie Dominic Roussel :worship:
He ruuuuules :cool:

Last year we had Alexander Selivanov playing here, playing at Columbus the year before and now he returned to the NHL to Pittsburgh I guess ...

And to ICQ - GET IT !!! :D