"for those who love hockey" thread

At the age of sweet 16, there are other things that start to interest you ;) There have been times of deep regret towards that decision to quit, though.

I was a goalie, a damn good one ( :rolleyes: ) :p

Now I play a game that's called "rinkbandy" I guess. It's somewhat similar to hockey. I'm still a goalie, and I suck! :p

btw, have you heard about the NHL ?
The season just started, Detroit won their first game 4-2 against ... uhm, I forgot ... :D
But Brendan Shanahan scored a weird goal:
A penalty was "shoen" by the ref, the other team's goalie left the goal for a 6th field-player, and Peter Bondra wanted to play the puck to the blue line of the WIngs, but noone of his team reached it, so it went back and went further into his own goal :lol:
So the Detroit-player who touched the puck last was announced the scorer of that goal, and that was Shanny :cool:

Funny story, right ??
And it really happened in one of the past days :lol: :)

The Wings are so cool, they score even without touching the puck :D :p

Allow me to introduce myself :p

Watching Kärpät (and hockey overall) and listening metal are the best things a man can do with his pants on :cool: (that sounds much better in Finnish, in fact :rolleyes: )

Of the Finnish NHL-players, Jere Lehtinen and Janne Niinimaa are known to be metalheads and they have been frequently seen on the metal festivals in Finland. Niinimaa is also the DJ for the Finnish national team :lol:

Oh well, originally I'm from Kajaani, but I studied in Oulu for 6 years. Then I found a job in Espoo, the ordinary story. But once a Kärppäheart, always a Kärppäheart. (And can anyone seriously cheer for the Blues? :lol: ) . Actually I was a Kärppäfan already long before I moved to Oulu, so I have seen the bad times and the brave rise from the ashes :cool:

I have seen your nick before, but I'm not sure if was at the Kärpät forum or the Imperiumi lauta? I occassionaly write on both of them using nick 'Dionysos'.

And what am I doing here? Well, just wanted to know what's going on with AD after the very sad event of cancelling the Wacken gig (the main act for me over there:cry: ) Didn't really get any answer to that but it was quite amazing to see people talking about Kärpät here:D

EDIT: Might have been the Wacken board as well...

As I said, we lost ... 1-2 :(
We didn't play bad, but we don't have that type of player who scores the goals ... damn :(

and speaking of the NHL - the Wings are not doing as good as I have been hoping, but there's time ;)