Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Love Lies Bleeding - Ex Nihilo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anorexia Nervosa - Drudenhaus

• Mystic Forest - Romances

• Total voters
I've been meaning to pick up that Nasav split. So far all I've got by Hirilorn is the live LP and the Merrimack split tape, which has one song off "Legends of Evil and Eternal Death" plus a Mayhem cover, which rules.

J. said:
THought this might be an appropriate place for talk of deathspell and hirilorn.

Kenose - I'm not sure about this yet. It's solidly played and the booklet is cool as hell, but I know for a fact I'm missing something here. Will get Circumcized Spice soon enough.

Hirilorn - Wow, just wow. "Haunted Castle of Rising Solitude" is brilliant I say. Brilliant! I highly recommend getting the Hirilorn/Nasav split. Too bad Nasav is not up to par.

Just make sure you go back to Kenose from time to time. It took me several months before it all of a sudden hit me.

You also might have to grow to love that Circumspice album.

well at first, I thought Kenose was gonna be another Work That Transforms Bullshit, but it's gotten a lot better.

I've been meaning to pick up that Nasav split. So far all I've got by Hirilorn is the live LP and the Merrimack split tape, which has one song off "Legends of Evil and Eternal Death" plus a Mayhem cover, which rules.

someone needs to re-release that album, seriously along with bonus tracks from the splits and shit. give it the ol' Mayhemic Truth treatment

Absolutely. Doesn't seem likely though... the liner notes on the live LP (hand written by Shaxul!) pretty much state that Hirilorn is well and truly dead, and he has no interest in it anymore.

it's not about him. all he has to do is say "Drakkar, re-release the damn thing." poof. Done.

here's to hoping

Tough choice between Belenos, DSO and Aes Dana but I went with Belenos (even though Spicelege isn't my favourite). Never been much for BAN but I've not listened to them in a good 6 months so I might give them another shot, I guess.

ive seriously been thinking of getting the pre-avant garde wank from BAN, but ive got to get back into full black metal mode to do it

as for most of the folk black metal like Heol Telwen and Aes Dana, im burned out. no more for me unless by one of my faves. still need the new Belenos, though.

J. said:
ive seriously been thinking of getting the pre-avant garde wank from BAN, but ive got to get back into full black metal mode to do it

as for most of the folk black metal like Heol Telwen and Aes Dana, im burned out. no more for me unless by one of my faves. still need the new Belenos, though.

What do you think of "Si Monvmentvm..." by the way? Have you given DSO a chance yet, beyond "Kenose"?

yeah, i've got monumentum and kenose. i still dont see why so many think this is "classic" or "best ever" stuff. doesn't even come cloe in my opinion. not saying it's bad, though.

bump

almost 6 months later, still havent heard any early BAN. which one is best again?

DsO still sucks :loco:

newest Belenos doesnt touch Errances Onirique

Hirilorn's "Legends of Evil and Eternal Death" will be mine soon

Reactions: Reign in Acai
Where're you getting it from? There was talk of a re-release, but Shaxul disapeared off the face of the planet, I'm told.

Ultima Thulee is the BAN to get.

i hope there's a re-release, so i can put my 1/1000 copy away. hopefully it will be done like kristallnacht's discography, all on one disc.

speaking of kristallnacht, their blooddrenched memorial comp RULES