Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Love Lies Bleeding - Ex Nihilo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anorexia Nervosa - Drudenhaus

• Mystic Forest - Romances

• Total voters
Am I blind or retarded, because I can't find that Belenos. I'm listening to a sample of Aes Dana right now, and I can't imagine you not liking this J. I have on thing to say: Flutes! You love those things, don't you?

Am I blind or retarded, because I can't find that Belenos. I'm listening to a sample of Aes Dana right now, and I can't imagine you not liking this J. I have on thing to say: Flutes! You love those things, don't you?

I thought the flutes on that album were fucking boring, but then again thats why I traded it to... who? J.?

After reading this thread and the interview with Neige,I am very interested in Alcest. I can get Le Secret for $9.60. I think I shall pick it up.

Well, I'd already had and liked another Aes Dana release before I got that one from you so I knew what to expect. It was pretty much more of the same and I enjoy it even if I haven't given it a spin in a while. I had it in my car for a while but decided it didn't make for good driving music.

I wouldn't think so, no. I listened to it while playing Dungeon Siege. Probably not the best combination either. I mean, that game wasn't even very good.

Make sure you also check out the longass songs they released on some splits quite recently! "Mass Grave Aesthetics" and "Diabolus Absconditus".

I just listened to Mass Grave Aesthetics after not having heard it for over a year, and it actually didn't do very much for me. I remembered not thinking much of it earlier too, but thought it might need some time, but it seems I might have been mistaken. It's hard to pin point exactly what it is that's not working here, but the thing that comes off as very lacking, after I've listened a lot to Kenose and Fas, is the inhumanly skilled drumming of those albums, which give them a lot of their momentum. Here the drumming is pretty plain, by DSO standards that is.
Furthermore I think MGA's production is pretty dull, but most importantly, it seems to lack good riffs and interesting structure. I found myself surprised at the end of the song and couldn't really remember what had been going on for the last twenty minutes. All that was left was a vague memory of someone screaming the title of the track at the end of the song.

This giant song is sadly one of my least favorite of theirs. Anyone else who's heard this one lately?

Anyone else find Celestia kind of... not that great compared to Mortifera and Peste Noire?

I actually prefer it over both, but it's probably on par with Mortifera since they're both so similar in style and atmosphere.

Peste Noire's "Le Sanie des Siecles" was a letdown for me. It has 1 or 2 EXCELLENT songs but the rest were pretty average. If every song was as great as "Dueil Angoisseus", it would probably be the best French BM album of all time.