Funniest Opeth Song Moments

i always get a laugh out of serenity painted death when he says "serenity painted deyath" the way he says death is so funny

[QUOTE=DuvallAlso.. "It is cold in here." from BRI. That line's somewhat more conversational than most of his other lyrics.

How is this part conversational?

Trapped said:
Ha ha... That bit is funny as hell...
And the "Wearing my death mask at BIRTH" in SPD.... how damn funny does he say Birth? It's more like Berrrrth
Well, he is growling. That can only mean one thing...... parts will sound extremely funny!!! That is why I say death metal is comedy my friend. :tickled:

redblueyes said:
Well ... these aren't funny about the song(s) but rather about the way I've misinterpreted a couple things thats amusing. When I first heard Orchid it was from tape (the cd took months to get hold of). By that time, I already knew the songs inside out from the tape, and no lyrics to read. I guess I had gotten some of the words wrong. One part sticks out and I still sorta hear it wrong now... because I KNEW it ya know!! (hehe) Instead of him whispering "Seven Milestones" in the beginning.. I could have SWORN he says "Telling My Own Stories". I mean it, it really sounds like it! It's funny because I was high at the time my genius-self figured this out. It had stumped me for the longest time wtf he was saying:mad: ... then finally BAM it HIT ME!! or so I thought. :lol: I almost fainted when I finally got the insert and saw it says Seven Milestones??? How could that be?? Did my red eyes deceive me??:eek: heheh. I still sing it wrong now, its etched in my head. :D

Another one from BWP (it's not funny..it's killer, but..) when he screams (and the way he screams it
newtonguesmile.gif
mushy.gif
) when he says "my mind is SET". ( the way he screams "set".. but before I had the lyrics I sworn he said "my mind is SIN"! (I loved it that way too). Thats not funny itself.. but I remember letting Mikael know that was my favorite line one time! (hehe.. he musta gotta laugh knowing I wasn't even right). :eek:
Where can I get a copy of the orchid cassette? Thank you.

I second a lot of the ones already said. I've always thought the "you turn your back and you walk away" part in Drapery Falls sounded kind of funny, not just because of the "booger" part, just sounds funny to me. There are a lot of funny vocal parts on Orchid like when he says "weeping trees" followed by a scream in Forests of October it always sounds more like "the weepin TV AHHHHHHHH".
Also I agree about that "it is cold in here" part. always sounds kind of out of place.
In "Wreath" there's a part near the beginning that always sounded to me like he was saying "pour some water" or something
Another funny part is when Reverie/Harlequin Forest breaks down and there's this incredibly dull, simple guitar part thats just playing harmonics and thats it. It just sounds so dumb
The "lookin thru my window" part in Hours of Wealth is cool but kind of cracks me up just cause the way Mikael sings it, it sounds all R+B-ish and soulful

Kem said:
Also, on Apostle In Triumph at the end. Mikael absolutely rapes the word `falling'
`As da rain keeps forrrrrrrrrrrwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeoooooooooahhhhhhh'

I totally agree with you there! I always thought he was saying "follow" at that part, but then I realized that made no sense at all.

Also, there's one part at the beginning of "Baying of the Hounds" when Mikael growls "Pest-ridden jackals of the earth," but it kind of sounds like "desperate tacos of the earth." That one always gives me a good laugh.

I always thought that in reverie/harlequin forest when he says "all my matters expired" that he was saying "all my manas expired" lolol

I don't think Opeth's music is really "funny"...

I guess the only time I nearly had to laugh was when I watched "Lamentations" for the first time and Mike does his first growling on "Master's Apprenices". It really kicks ass, when you heard the whole damnation album an then get this punch in your face!:hotjump:

What would they care if I was gay, no one should no...

hhoommooo

I'm mostly stunned by their exellence and I've never really laughed at the
lyric... But one growling "HUHHH" just after the first vocal part in "Master's
Apprentices" are so funny and cool. Like he was really satisfied with that previous stuff.
Like he really ment that one :)

Btw, I don't know if you ever noticed but Mike often says these strange
words in interviews and concerts. It always make me laugh inside because it
reminds me that he's ONLY HUMAN.

In the "Dissecting The Drapery Falls" he says that his fingers had
gotten "puss"(!) - and ment sore - after he had come up with the solo.
At an recent concert in sweden he said something like "Yeah that was titty" :D
And some ppl, in the audience, just went "What?" :)

Alot of the things people mentioned here where Mikael uses his death vocals I really dont understand. I can make out the words just fine...

The part in ghost of perdition where it sounds like Mikael is going....

bbutttttttttttt bbbuddddiiiieeessss

There's a couple of moments on Deliverance that made me laugh on the first few listens. Firstly, the tempo change in Wreath where the guitar solo comes in sounded a bit cheesy to me. Second, the bit in Master's Apprentices that goes 'plunging into the deepest void departed shell left drained behind'. There's also a bit of bad english where he says 'and we've always knew'.

I think the line in Still Life 'by the turnstile beckons a damsel fair' is quite funny as well, as are some of the 'oooh oooh's on that album.

Also, of course, the line 'a liquid cow that governs all' in the Funeral Portrait.

im not sure if this is right and cant be fucked checking it but in Masters Apprentices does he say "every waking hour, I lie awake"? cos i always laughed at that. every single time i hear it. and i think he says it twice in the song. am i mistaken? or is that wat he says and it's fine and im just being a dick? or does neone else think thats funny?

fuckin top song still

It is: every waking hour, I lie and wait!!!....so you're probably not a dick, you simply got the words wrong ;)

I can't believe no one mentioned the part in "Beneath the Mire" (5:52) where Mikeal sings "In his shadow, I am choking yet flourishing". It sounds like "In his shadow I am choking a virgin..." LOL