General Chat Thread: waves hello

Newsflash

I got the job! Remember I talk about this on this thread some weeks ago? Well today the guy who first interviewed me called me again to offer the position.

The salary is less than my actual one but the working hours are the same, is a bit closer (so less gas) and more important I do feel is something I want to do as a professional in my field.

A whole new laboratory has to be constructed, I will have to develop analytical methods and even synthetic methods both theoretical and practical. Is not going to be QA but more R&D and considering Costa Rica this is a nice jackpot. The company makes generic agrochemicals, but since the laws for inscription of products by the government in the whole area has changed they need to expand operation and thus mighty Wyvern comes to save the day (I'm so full of bs).

So a celebration is in order at PPVII :D

Wyvern said:
I brought you a copy (CD-R) of the album ;)

But I can send the song in the meantime. PM me your G-mail address if you have it ( long file)

That's cool, thanks a lot...but that still doesn't get you off the hook on AMOLAD :saint:

:kickass:
Wyvern said:
Newsflash

I got the job! Remember I talk about this on this thread some weeks ago? Well today the guy who first interviewed me called me again to offer the position.

The salary is less than my actual one but the working hours are the same, is a bit closer (so less gas) and more important I do feel is something I want to do as a professional in my field.

A whole new laboratory has to be constructed, I will have to develop analytical methods and even synthetic methods both theoretical and practical. Is not going to be QA but more R&D and considering Costa Rica this is a nice jackpot. The company makes generic agrochemicals, but since the laws for inscription of products by the government in the whole area has changed they need to expand operation and thus mighty Wyvern comes to save the day (I'm so full of bs).

Indeed buddy! Congrats!!!! Don't forget to charge a drink on me on a job well done :kickass:

J-Dubya 777 said:
C'mon , nobody bitched when David Lee Roth wore the assless chaps!
What if I get a prog power logo shaved into my butt? will that make it better? :lol: :lol: :lol:

'Tis only a couple of buttons!

J-Dubya

:ill:

Congrats on the job, Wyv. It is always a bonus when your work is also something that you enjoy. We shall celebrate accordingly in a week.:headbang:

TheWhisper said:
Congrats on the job, Wyv. It is always a bonus when your work is also something that you enjoy. We shall celebrate accordingly in a week.:headbang:

If my boss doesn't kill me first. I have to quit my actual job tomorrow, talk about come hell or high water...o_O

Wyvern said:
Newsflash

Congrats Wyv! It's nice to have choices, and sometimes companies don't know what they had, until you actually leave! Ol' Dubya will buy ya a beer/drink/shot of your choosing at Prog Power....

J-Dubya

Wyvern said:
Newsflash

That is the best thing about it Brother Vern. I love my occupation as well. I love to improve the way the machines are running in "my plant." It is a constant challenge to not only keep machines running, but to also make them run better and put out more product.

Bryant

Thanks to all for the warm and good wishes. I can't wait to meet most of you at PPVII.

My boss took it pretty good (too good actually hmmm...) and tomorrow i will give the official resignation letter. In the meantime I'm helping to look for a replacement and fixing stuff before my departure. It's customary here to give a 1 month pre-notice so they have up to October 6th.

I intend to take a week off before entering the new job, but chances are I may extend it a bit more (crossing fingers).

damn it! David's got me hooked on this Burnout 3 game! I love this demolition mode, crashing into traffic to cause massive destruction!!!

today and 4 more days of work...tick tick tick not going by fast enough.....cept I'll complain I didn't have enough time when I'm not ready tuesday:lol: :lol: :lol:

:zombie: bastard huge cricket was in my room all night making horrible loud steady noise... did not sleep...

Hate crickets... must annihilate all crickets :guh:

Killing crickets bring bad luck....

...to the crickets

See Y'all on Monday. I'm outa here for Tesla tonight and then to St. Louis for the weekend. I'll try and post up a Tesla review on Monday, if I remember what happened after all the other stuff that's going to happen in between. :cool: