General Chat Thread: waves hello

Wheezer said:
See Y'all on Monday. I'm outa here for Tesla tonight and then to St. Louis for the weekend. I'll try and post up a Tesla review on Monday, if I remember what happened after all the other stuff that's going to happen in between. :cool:

Have a wonderful trip and enjoy it to the max. Take care and see you the 13th in Atlanta :wave:

NP: Nasty Savage - 'Fear Beyond The Vision'

DEATH TO CRICKETS... PERIOD :Smug:

See you all soon! Wohoooooooo PP here we come :kickass:

I'm carrying my old reliable 35 mm Pentax, so Anything I take will have to wait to be developed, scanned and posted sometime after Sept. 20th

So I am sitting in traffic this morning on the freeway, I've got AMOLAD blasting through the speakers and my windows down... I hear this contant honking and a "heyyyy", finally I look over to my left and this guy is trying to get my attention... traffic moves again and after a few seconds he catches up with me again and says "hey you are gorgeous, I'd love to take you out" I am like "huh?" so I say "I am sorry, I have a boyfriend" and he says "of course you do" I said "sorry, and have a nice day" he smiled and then went his way.

:lol: good god, I was half asleep and that defo woke me up... I was like geez this guy needs glasses as I never wear makeup in the mornings and really feel I don't look that great!

Pabla's adventure's in traffic :zombie:

Pabla said:
"hey you are gorgeous, I'd love to take you out" I am like "huh?" so I say "I am sorry, I have a boyfriend" and he says "of course you do" I said "sorry, and have a nice day" he smiled and then went his way.

Honk Honk....hey babe... MAIDEN RULES!!!! Can I buy you a drink:lol: :lol:

Pabla said:
:lol: good god, I was half asleep and that defo woke me up... I was like geez this guy needs glasses as I never wear makeup in the mornings and really feel I don't look that great!

Beg to disagree. Don Juan "Wyvern" is on the prowl so watch out ;)

Leaving home in ~1 h

You are are terrible! :lol:
How long is thew flight Wyv? Oh well, I guess I will ask you in person tomorrow :loco:

Fangface said:
I'm a bit off the net these days.... but tomorrow is Nevermore's gig where I hope to meet Carnut & Hawk again :headbang:

Cool! Tell Hawk hello for all of us. Well, if you happen to see this before you go, that is. And we'll expect a full report! :kickass:

What a wwekend!

On Friday night I went to help with one of the local gigs my friend Darren was organizing (free concerts for local bands who wants to get known). And results it was the farewell concert of a band I never heard in my life :lol:

A punk outfit with a so-so female singer and a guy who likes to growl like if he was a crossover betwen Tom Araya and some death metal guy). For worsen not only the music was bad but the girl kept yelling meow at the end of each song. So we were mocking them after the show big time (nobody shows even for free), most horrible but then the usual gang hnaging came out and I end in my bed Saturday at 4:00 (with a sleeping pill).

I woke up for lunch and then I decided (since it was rainy) to stay cozy at home at record (tape) some of my CDs from PPVII. Around 18:50 Dinia a friend call me to see if I was to attend Power Fest II (a local metal festival held by Arturo, a guy from the only metal radio show still alive), so (weka for ladies as I am) I got redy lightning fast and pick her and Ana Maria her roomate (a specialized newsperson for music events who supports a lot the metal scene).

We get to go in for free and the usual greetings to all the gang of supporters. It was a melange of bands and the price was pretty sensible IMO (basically a bit above a cinema ticket with right to a free beer), still some complaint and /or didn't want to enter (it was in a small bar, not a good venue sadly, hot, smoke the sound too loud).
The bands were: Los Acetatos (retro rock'n'roll with hints of punk and prog, bad as hell and funny as can be the bass player broke two strings during the show and didn't replace them! :lol:), Praqk (sor sometimhing like it some horrible metalcore/mallcore noise), Arsenal (old school thrash/death that after 10 years still hadn't learn how to play and the growler stinks), Dimee (or something like it kind of melodic power with a female vocalist not very talented but at least was nice to listen), Nova (melodic power with the best metal vocalist around Pablo Bogarin, but since I'm going to their free concert at the end of the October I didn't paid much attention) and Dracionian Incubus (Sister of Mercy goth based band, my pals and also very funny guys, although the music make me sleep).

The funniest thing was that after Los Acetatos, Dinia ask me to go and help Arturo's (the organizer) girlfriend with the ticket boot, So I ended at the door (God bless the fresh air) being control and bouncer o_O (of course there was the big security ones outside the bar) and was really good to help for free somebody to keep the movement alive, I also bought some beers for the guys in the inside security (all regulars). Arturo was very grateful and invited again to the radio show (I told him it's too late during the week for me but I'll try), her girlfriend was absolutely static to have some help with all the crowd and I had the chance to check on lots of all "lost" acquaintances as well as new people, Funny for a shot guy (you guys know me) just standing there was intimidating enough :zombie: . I was wearing btw my PPVII t-shirt (envy of many :heh: ) and my big leather jacket which I could'nt use in Atlanta but here was cooler specially at the door.

I have no pics to share, but lost of funny memories. Especially some Americans (I gues for the accent) that wanted to go for free just because it was a bar and didn't want to pay ($2.5) for the right of entrance. One a shor chick gave us the finger and all because we told her the name of the bands and according to her she knew too much rock and didn't worth to pay (but she wanted to go in anyway :Smug: ), my friend Dinia wanted to kill her, I was laughing my ass off to see her steaming like that.

Needless to say I went to bed at 5:30 today, so another sleeping pill and woke up for lunch again.

Today starts the Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur) at sundown but I'm not going to fast, I have too much work tomorrow and is the last week on the job
f020.gif
so sadly it'll be hectic as can be.

I hope I can rest the week after...

Hello one and all! Hope you all have a great weekend. I am off tonight to see the Flower Kings and a hockey game tomorrow night. Cheers!:kickass:

TheWhisper said:
Hello one and all! Hope you all have a great weekend. I am off tonight to see the Flower Kings and a hockey game tomorrow night. Cheers!:kickass:

Enjoy the Flowerkings! And have a great weekend Whisper.

TheWhisper said:
Hello one and all! Hope you all have a great weekend. I am off tonight to see the Flower Kings

Damn I wish I will be there with you :cry:

Enjoy it a lot a sing along for me :D

Well today is the first day (starting midnight) of the rest of my life! I finally finished with my job and on October 16th I'll be starting my new one. I'm approacching 40 years old, my health is good, don't drink, don't smoke, don't have sex :cry: I'm a metalhead :headbang: and have the best bunch of human beings one can imagine, the people at UMOS.

Quoting Helloween:

I'm alive, I'm alive
I'm alive, I'm alive

Wyvern said:
Damn I wish I will be there with you :cry:

Enjoy it a lot a sing along for me :D

Well today is the first day (starting midnight) of the rest of my life! I finally finished with my job and on October 16th I'll be starting my new one. I'm approacching 40 years old, my health is good, don't drink, don't smoke, don't have sex :cry: I'm a metalhead :headbang: and have the best bunch of human beings one can imagine, the people at UMOS.

Quoting Helloween:

I'm alive, I'm alive
I'm alive, I'm alive

LOL Great to hear you are doing well buddy. I hope the new job will fit you.

Enjoy your free time!