General Chat Thread: waves hello

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
You sick people need to load up on your vitamin B. B50s and B-complex. I have very weak immune system and the Bs have been very good to me. :D

I had vitamin up my ass! I have everyday a multivitamin complex plus 1000 mg of Vitamin C, and I had that for breakfast for years. Actually that is what kept me for a worsen illness during all this time.

I guess that what I really lack is booze :lol: to boost my inmune system (and or sex
c010.gif
)

Wyvern said:
I had vitamin up my ass! I have everyday a multivitamin complex plus 1000 mg of Vitamin C, and I had that for breakfast for years. Actually that is what kept me for a worsen illness during all this time.

I guess that what I really lack is booze :lol: to boost my inmune system (and or sex
c010.gif
)

Most multi-vitamins are seriously lacking in vitamin B. They only include a couple kinds of B, and there are like 30 or so different kinds of B.

Booze doesn't do much for the immune system, but it sure can dull your senses and make being sick less annoying. :D

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Most multi-vitamins are seriously lacking in vitamin B. They only include a couple kinds of B, and there are like 30 or so different kinds of B.

Booze doesn't do much for the immune system, but it sure can dull your senses and make being sick less annoying. :D

The most important are B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavine), B5 (pantothenic acid), B6 (pyrodoxine), B9 (folic acid) and B12 (cyanocobalamin). Along B3 (niacin), biotin, and inositol they form what is collectivelly known as the B-complex.

All vitamins are important, the A, D, E, K and C are all essential nutrients for the human metabolism.

AHHHHH 86 degrees a little after 12 noon and so wishing I was off work!!!
Cannot wait for my three day holiday weekend 11/21-11/23 hoping to get to the TSO show but I don't think I'll make it.

Weather has been "nice", meaning rain has been scatered although where I work is a bit colder specially in the mornings.

On the other hand we are approaching dry season, I hope the rain has been enough over the dams and crops, because certainly we don't need that water over the city!

As for temperature same old same ranging 19-25 C all year in the Central Valley :D

I'm pretty much "depressed". My tape deck on my car died and you cannot find tape decks anymore everything is CD! Actually I found a tape deck but was a rip-off (lost $33), no now I'm basically against the wall. Either no music in the car (drive me nuts) or a CD player. The latter force me to burn CDs for the car which I found ludicrous, but since I don't want my CDs out of the house it's the only way :erk: .

I'm fond of my tapes, being recording music in cassette since 1979 or so. I not only use them in the car, I also play them in my walkman on the gym (nice, small, lightweight) and I don't feel like changing technology there too (I do have a CD Walkman, big, heavy, annoying for the gym), and by Jupiter!, I won't get into a friggin' iPod or similar contraption.

Technology is forcing me to change and that is not nice this time :cry: :cry:

I'm pretty much "depressed". My tape deck on my car died and you cannot find tape decks anymore everything is CD! Actually I found a tape deck but was a rip-off (lost $33), no now I'm basically against the wall. Either no music in the car (drive me nuts) or a CD player. The latter force me to burn CDs for the car which I found ludicrous, but since I don't want my CDs out of the house it's the only way :erk: .

I'm fond of my tapes, being recording music in cassette since 1979 or so. I not only use them in the car, I also play them in my walkman on the gym (nice, small, lightweight) and I don't feel like changing technology there too (I do have a CD Walkman, big, heavy, annoying for the gym), and by Jupiter!, I won't get into a friggin' iPod or similar contraption.

Technology is forcing me to change and that is not nice this time :cry: :cry:

I feel your pain! My 2001 Blazer (185,000 miles on it) has both cd & cassette. I put more miles on the cd player ( I too NEVER take store bought cds with me in my vehicle), but I can't imagine not having the cassette deck. I have an assload of tapes I've made over the years, and once this vehicle goes, I'll be looking at cars/trucks with MP3 players in them.....or worse yet, an I-Pod cradle!:zombie: The only thing I can recoommend is e-bay, or the local junk yard. I wonder if any of the chain stores still offer tape decks?

J-Dubya

or the local junk yard. I wonder if any of the chain stores still offer tape decks?

J-Dubya

I thought on the first option I will try on Saturday as for the second, not in here that's for sure. Besides that you have to be careful where you go to pick a deck, today I found the same Pioneer model at $243 and $166, so I'm not jumping yet even if I made my mind regarding the need of a sound system in the car...my peace of mind while driving worth more.

As for the tapes, I will continue to use them in the walkman until it dies too and change forces me to a MP3 player of some sort :puke:

Bingo!

A coworker gave an address of a guy tht install sound system and he found me an unused beautiful Alpine tape deck (digital with detachable front) that has the possibility (for the future) to install a CD changer. Cost me $150 installation included and the guy did it in barely 25 min.

So now I'm blasting Tarot in the car :D

P.S. I also bought a dozen more tapes to keep recording ;)

Bingo!

A coworker gave an address of a guy tht install sound system and he found me an unused beautiful Alpine tape deck (digital with detachable front) that has the possibility (for the future) to install a CD changer. Cost me $150 installation included and the guy did it in barely 25 min.

So now I'm blasting Tarot in the car :D

P.S. I also bought a dozen more tapes to keep recording ;)

Hah! Excellent! :headbang:

J-Dubya

Yesterday I went to another of the free concerts organized my friend Darren and I muts confess it has been the BEST so far. Believe or not it was "surf horror rock", a band named Los Cuchillos (The Knifes). A very minimalistic set with some B-movies and classic horror showings on a screen plus...a go-go dancer on a lighted cubicle (no shit!). Those guys are great (power trio plus a female back vocalist) and I basically danced with my girlfriend the whole event (damn workout, I almost passed out :lol: ), I wish I would had me digital camera because the thing was astounding. One of the "freshest" thing I have heard in a long time, hope they record something soon because it worth.