General Chat Thread: waves hello

Jax and Pyra welcome to our den of iniquity.

NP: Stimulans - 'Sacrifice'

Thanks for the welcomes! And how awesome to (belatedly) find a haven for us old schoolers!

Dang JayDub, you're getting as bad as me, turning up everywhere.. ;)

Pyramaze said:
Hey there Kitty what's up???

Hey there Pyra! Nice to see you here.
I still have to thank you for being the guy that recommended Meyvn to me.
Thats led to me discovering them and reviewing them in Aardschok magazine.

So Thanks dude!

Reactions: J-Dubya 777
Thanks for the welcomes! And how awesome to (belatedly) find a haven for us old schoolers!

Dang JayDub, you're getting as bad as me, turning up everywhere.. ;)

Gotta keep an eye on the internet, that's my job! :lol:
Cool bunch of people here!

J-Dubya - Heya's out to John as well! Bet the Italian metal queen doesn't turn up here! ;)

J-Dubya

Reactions: Hawk
Santa came out early this time (sort of). My Mom wanted to give me a gift for my birthday, so she finally talk me into a digital camera. I ordered from Amazon.com and today arrived a mean Canon S2 IS.

It's a beautiful machine (full of gadgets most of which I will never use :lol: ) and now i'm going to flood the net with my silly pics, so beware!

Wonder if I would be able to bring it at PPVIII if I attend, I think it's the kind of thing Glen doesn't like it, On the other hand I use it only to take pics of the gang, I'm not much into taking pics of the bands (I know I'm weird).

NP: Midnight Sun - 'Conqueror'

It's a beautiful machine (full of gadgets most of which I will never use :lol: ) and now i'm going to flood the net with my silly pics, so beware!

Wonder if I would be able to bring it at PPVIII if I attend, I think it's the kind of thing Glen doesn't like it, On the other hand I use it only to take pics of the gang, I'm not much into taking pics of the bands (I know I'm weird).

Cool! The biggest thing Glenn hates is video. If it can take more than 30 seconds worth then he ain't gonna like it. He didn't catch any bootleggers this last time around (if I'm remembering correctly) so maybe people have gotten the hint and he'll relax the camera rules.

No, you're not weird for not wanting to take pictures of the bands. I've started wondering if it's something I really want to do anymore. In the low light it's a ton of work to get a few good pics. I think I might just want to kick back and enjoy the show instead.

Cool! The biggest thing Glenn hates is video.

It does take video. But I dont use it because:
  1. A have never been high on video I had two camcorders in my life (VHS-C) and I finally throw the second to the garbage basically unused because it just got damage of overstorage
  2. Nowdays video is constrained to MPG format in a computer. Oh yes, I can store it in the SD memory card and connect it to the TV set. Too much complication for me
  3. It leads to your second part of the post..
I think I might just want to kick back and enjoy the show instead.

Right!
Anyway yesterday I went ot one of our volcanos with my girlfriend and we got some nice pics:

The volcano main crater

ConodelPoas.jpg

Close up of the acid lagoon in the crater (the fumes are sulphur compound gases) :devil:

ElPoas.jpg

Brimstone! (volcanos are so damn metal)

SolfataraPoas.jpg

Dinia and me by the cone

DiniameandthePoas.jpg

Lucky bastard (I meant her :lol: )

DiniaandI.jpg

NP: Angra - 'Ego Painted Grey'

Wow, impressive pics !! But I'm sure a pic can't capture the real feeling when seeing this !! Cool to see a pic of your girlfriend too, we mostly chat and stuff but almost never have a clue how other's family , friends or working live is outside UMOS...Maybe need to start a 'family' thread or so..

Thanks to all people, you're my cyber-family and I want to share it with you all
d010.gif

Where are those picstures taken. looks like nice place.

It's the Poas volcano, aproximately 2 h from the capitol at 2745 m above sea level. It's a dormant/inactive volcano, and we hope it keeps that way otherwise we're very fucked o_O.

Very nice touristical site, lots of vegetation and not as cold as Irazu the other easily reachable volcano. Then you have Arenal which is semi-active and loved by tourists, only it's a long drive (to the point I have never visited it yet :oops: ). We also hope that one keeps at bay since one of our major hydroelectruc dams/generators is sited there.
The other volcanos are more or less accesible depending on your wheels/desiree to walk. We have like 8 volcanos all part of the Pacific Fire Rim. The last high activity was in 1962 when an ash eruption covered the sky for a year, since then only noises a bits of rumble but nothing serious.

Seems like a lot of things happened since the time I got to know a desperate single Wyvern years ago

Still single! Don't rush me into the gallows pole :lol:. As for desperation...well I guess she takes care of it :heh:

NP: Horcas - 'Reacción'

Carnut mentioned a family thread and David and I just went to our company Holiday party. It's not too often I get him in a photo, he hates having his picture taken. So till we get the thread.... here we are
100_3638.jpg
[/IMG]