General Chat Thread: waves hello

I'm awaiting whether or not the Co. I work for has been sold or not, more like waiting on "official" word. Could be a shitty summer coming up. Only time will tell...

Best of luck to you guys!

Sounds like you need a bit of luck yourself so good luck! :kickass:

I've been listening to Organic a *ton* lately. "Breathe" just about makes me cry. At least we know the Fall is going to kick ass! I gotta send an email to those Freakin' guys and tell them thanks for "Breathe".

Thanks Amigo! We'll see what happens. I can't get too pissed at what I can't control, I just hope if we all get cut, we bounce back a little quicker this time. I was un/under employed for a year and a half, and I'm still barely making HALF what I used to. I will be in Atlanta this October come hell or highwater.
Don't forget about that internet only cd called Junk Tooth, available for downloading at the Appetizer page....Cool OLD FK!
http://www.elektromotor.se/freakkitchen/

p.s. Welcome back Sava Ron!

Carnut - VERY sorry to hear about you getting Bell's Palsy (as it's known here in the states). This is the same thing Jim Ross (WWE announcer) has, and a woman I worked with at a previous job had. Jim Ross still has it bad, and the woman I worked with took over a year before she regained control/feeling on her face. Seems like you got a good diagnosis with yours, best of luck & healing with all of this.

Thnx for the support Dubya (and Wheezer !)
I was lucky not to have a severe stroke of "Bell's Palsy", as in rest my mounth and eyes look pretty normal. I did do some surfing and often the mount an eye are dropping downwards. So I concider myselve still a bit lucky. I just hope to regain control over the left part of my mounth quickly, as a don't like My crooked laugh now...

On your account I hope your job will stay. I also often think about what could happen if I would loose my job. It would also put me in a very difficult situation...

Anytime brother! It's in cases like this that even the shittiest job WITH healthcare benefits, is golden. When I was out of work for a year & a half, I rolled the dice and had NO health insurance. I got lucky nothing happened. The wooman's mouth and eye drooped real bad. One thing I've noticed is it seems like it doesn't get "worse". Usually when it hits, that is your starting point, but I'm no doctor, and could be completely wrong about that. I'm hoping like hell you sail through the whole recovery process! Stay metal!

@ Wyvern, damn sucks about the camera, ratbastard theives! In time you and Dinia may be able to be friends, sorry to hear that you're fighting.

@ Carnut, wow! This was caused by a virus? Take good care of yourself and don't over do it at KIT.

@ JDbuya- keeping my fingers crossed for you!

@ Dubya: tough times buddy, hope you find something to fulfill not only your economical needs, but your sense of pride and staisfaction in what you're doing. That's also my goal now.

@ Wheezer: thanks bro, it hurts but in the end it's only money. Life and health are the real values.

@ Wyvern, damn sucks about the camera, ratbastard theives! In time you and Dinia may be able to be friends, sorry to hear that you're fighting.

Thanks sweetie. She actually call yesterday and ask me to talk in order to reach that impasse. Today possibly we will go to peace talks, but we're not going back to our previous relationship for sure. In a sense is better this way I knew since the start this was a doomed relationship those 17 years difference would have taken its toll sooner or later, the sooner the better.

I talk a lot with female and male friends during these days and I had a lot of positive feedback and empathy. I'm very grateful that old mates came at the right time (destiny have strange ways) with words of wisdom to show me the path to follow.

We were also yesterday seeing "Metal: A Headbangers Journey" documentary and that also cleaned my spirit a lot, kind of weird being there with friends I hadn't bonded that way in many years siting and enjoying the movie while I had a black cat sitting on my lap looking into my eyes deeply (moreover because we were seeing the black metal segment :lol: )

The new camera had already been shipped from Sparks, NV (ultimate irony since I lived in Reno which is next to Sparks) and it should arrive next week, plus three working days for tax clearence (all people have every 6 months the right to bring a package under $500 value and paying a small fee to have it exonerated, now I did it on my mother's name :D).

@ Dubya: tough times buddy, hope you find something to fulfill not only your economical needs, but your sense of pride and staisfaction in what you're doing. That's also my goal now.

Thanks my friend! I have NO stomach for being unemployed again, I'll work something out, if/when the hammer falls! :headbang:

Thanks Amigo! We'll see what happens. I can't get too pissed at what I can't control, I just hope if we all get cut, we bounce back a little quicker this time. I was un/under employed for a year and a half, and I'm still barely making HALF what I used to. I will be in Atlanta this October come hell or highwater.

It wouldn't be the same in Atlanta without you! Hopefully things work out well for you. Today marks the ten years for me at my current job and I've got resumes floating, hoping for something new.

Don't forget about that internet only cd called Junk Tooth, available for downloading at the Appetizer page....Cool OLD FK!
http://www.elektromotor.se/freakkitchen/

Cool! I've got a crummy copy of that so it'll be nice having something better. Thanks! :headbang:

@ Wheezer: thanks bro, it hurts but in the end it's only money. Life and health are the real values.

Youbetcha!

Thanks sweetie. She actually call yesterday and ask me to talk in order to reach that impasse. Today possibly we will go to peace talks, but we're not going back to our previous relationship for sure. In a sense is better this way I knew since the start this was a doomed relationship those 17 years difference would have taken its toll sooner or later, the sooner the better.

Good luck with that too! I'm nearly officially single now too. We're still friends and see each other about once a week or so. Well, maybe she's coming over to see the dogs instead. :lol:

Thnx for the support Dubya (and Wheezer !)
I was lucky not to have a severe stroke of "Bell's Palsy", as in rest my mounth and eyes look pretty normal. I did do some surfing and often the mount an eye are dropping downwards. So I concider myselve still a bit lucky. I just hope to regain control over the left part of my mounth quickly, as a don't like My crooked laugh now...

It'll get better. With all us metalheads keeping you in our thoughts and sending all that metal energy your way, how could not get better? :headbang:

No headbanging at KIT! Promise? :lol:

No headbanging at KIT! Promise? :lol:

I'm gonna find me cool spot and watch the whole thing from a distance this time...
I mostly feel quit uncomfartable to talk to people now, and I am supposed to meet alot of people there.... Beware the first one who makes fun of me :lol:

Good luck with that too! I'm nearly officially single now too. We're still friends and see each other about once a week or so. Well, maybe she's coming over to see the dogs instead. :lol:

I don't have a dog...:erk: :p

Well finally the hostilities ceased after ~3.5 h of peace talks. All (or so I assume) goes down to this, we (and I mean WE) fucked up by forgetting a simple thing we had already agree before: to really know each other.
We let the relation flow by itself confident (read naive) that we will know ourselves in the process, but we never really did it and after 5 months together we were just two people dating without knowing the person, the human being whose hand you were holding.

Either I'm better than I believe talking or she was also afraid to end hostilities with WMD, so the armistice was signed under two premises:

1. We end as good friends
  2. We will know each other in every encounter as an assigment, once a week, a month or a year. By asking questions and talkind without holding anything.
Is good to go this way for several reasons (I won't bored the audience here talking about them), besides the fact that it's beter to go through life getting along with someone than in constant battle.

She also decided to take therapy on regular basis (I hope she does it) to clean a lot ot webs in her mind.

Not a bad end for the light version of the "War of the Roses", only the new deal also have no undercover operations (aka dry season) :D

So I'm officially single: intelligent, charming, cultivated, headbanging, sexy females, willing to relocate wanted. If you know somebody PM me the CV :lol:

NP: Irish Coffee - 'The Show pt.2'

Carnut, that had to be one scary experience. I'm sure you will make a complete recovery. Take care and get better every day :)

Well, it's a good day today ...
Just got my taxletter, it was 600 Euro less than calculated !! (that's 800$ or so) ..
Secondly (most important) got the results from my CT-scan and there are no problems in my head, that was a big relief (you know that "victory" feeling I guess )
Third, we're leaving for KIT tomorrow !!
Four; the weather is great and will remain so the whole weekend..

so, besides the fact I still can't move the left part from my face it's been a damn good day for sure...:headbang:

Well, it's a good day today ...
Just got my taxletter, it was 600 Euro less than calculated !! (that's 800$ or so) ..
Secondly (most important) got the results from my CT-scan and there are no problems in my head, that was a big relief (you know that "victory" feeling I guess )
Third, we're leaving for KIT tomorrow !!
Four; the weather is great and will remain so the whole weekend..

so, besides the fact I still can't move the left part from my face it's been a damn good day for sure...:headbang:

1. Sweet
  2. Most excelent, what a relief. Still what's the prognosis in the days t come?
  3. Neat (kind of envy)
  4. Nice (very envy, we have fucking rain in here)
Take care Gert

Most excelent, what a relief. Still what's the prognosis in the days t come?

normally in 2 to 3 weeks from now I should be able to move all the muscles in my face again, with some luck a little earlier.
There's allways the chance of some permanent damage, but in most cases it works out fine (we'll talk again with the SS weekend :p )

Good to hear the CT Scan is normal/good. Have a grand time at KIT and I know you'll have some pics and review coming soon!

I'm taking a camera and will try to shoot as much pics/movies as I can. I mostly forget or don't feel like it when walking around there, but I'll do my best this time !!
Will be great to see Fangface again too, has been a while now !!
Damn distances, wished you all could be there !!