General Chat Thread: waves hello

I know you'll make it, you're my bro ;) As for the big decision, it doesn't matter as long as you MAKE it. And remember I know USA is very different but in the end look for something that appeals to you and your sense of pride as a human and a professional. Money is secondary (even with mortgages, and so many other weird things you people have) because it'll never buy you peace of mind. I learnt it the very hard way, but in the end I figure it out what was best for my interests, regarding of the salary. And when all amalysis fails, toss a coin :rolleyes:

Thanks Wyv, my Brother! I did make it. they called last night and told me there's an offer letter in the mail. I agree that money is secondary, but there has to be a certain level of compensation for me to be able to go to Prog Power! :lol: They didn't mention money yet so I'll have to see what that ends up being. Should be fun! :kickass:

Thanks Wyv, my Brother! I did make it. they called last night and told me there's an offer letter in the mail. I agree that money is secondary, but there has to be a certain level of compensation for me to be able to go to Prog Power! :lol: They didn't mention money yet so I'll have to see what that ends up being. Should be fun! :kickass:

Way to go! Congrats bro :wave: Let us know when the letter arrives ;)

I think I got compensations too working for the government. Since I started in May, I will have more than a year by September 2008, thus I will entitled to 15 days vacation by law. I hope my boss didn't jump when I ask for a few days to go to PPIX :headbang:

NP: Onward - 'Feast For The Reaper'

Way to go! Congrats bro :wave: Let us know when the letter arrives ;)

Will do! Should be Monday or Tuesday. :headbang:

I think I got compensations too working for the government. Since I started in May, I will have more than a year by September 2008, thus I will entitled to 15 days vacation by law. I hope my boss didn't jump when I ask for a few days to go to PPIX :headbang:

:headbang: :kickass: Cool! Nine is fine.

The letter finally arrived! Holy crap did it arrive. They offered me a pile more money to switch jobs. Needless to say, I was all about the type of work I would be doing and money was a secondary concern. Sometimes sloppy secondary concerns are OK.

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :headbang:

The letter finally arrived! Holy crap did it arrive. They offered me a pile more money to switch jobs. Needless to say, I was all about the type of work I would be doing and money was a secondary concern. Sometimes sloppy secondary concerns are OK.

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :headbang:

Congrats buddy. This is great to hear!!

ASTOUNDING private Wheezer! (you have to love Sgt. Hartmann)

And now what the job is about? (green with envy about the money :p)

I drop some more paperwork today to see if they begin to increase my salary due to my courses and experience, of course since is the government it'll take like 6 months or so to do the study :Smug:

But oh well, the job is alright, my boss left 10 minutes before the hour and I after her :lol:, go to the gym which is practically empty at that time and then breath deeply and took the rush hour back home :)

But quoting Pink Floyd
I knew the moment had arrived
For killing the past and coming back to life
:cool:

NP: Thin Lizzy - 'A Night In The Life Of A Blues Singer'

Belated congrats! It's ALWAYS nice when it works out like that.
I hope I'm as lucky mid-August! :kickass:

ASTOUNDING private Wheezer! (you have to love Sgt. Hartmann)

And now what the job is about? (green with envy about the money :p)

:lol: Thanks! It's basically the same as the job I'm leaving -- programming. The new company is adding intelligence to their products so I'll basically get to create all the software for their new line of products. I'll be the only one doing that.

I drop some more paperwork today to see if they begin to increase my salary due to my courses and experience, of course since is the government it'll take like 6 months or so to do the study :Smug:

But oh well, the job is alright, my boss left 10 minutes before the hour and I after her :lol:, go to the gym which is practically empty at that time and then breath deeply and took the rush hour back home :)

You gotta love government! I think it's about the same eveywhere. :lol:

But quoting Pink Floyd
I knew the moment had arrived
For killing the past and coming back to life
:cool:

:kickass: :kickass: That's *exactly* it! When I read the offer letter yesterday I was so excited I was actually shaking. I have not felt this good in a long time and it does feel like I'm coming back to life.

I leave on vacation Sunday for a week and then come back to turn in my two weeks notice.

Congratulation Wyvern and Wheezer on your new jobs! I hope you both find the change new, exiciting and challenging.

@ Carnut, glad to hear you are getting better by the moment. don't overdue it and keep getting better!

is adding intelligence to their products

Hmmm, and you qualify for that :p *love to be an ass sometimes*

I leave on vacation Sunday for a week and then come back to turn in my two weeks notice.

Great idea, I did the same after I returned form PPVII. Always took a vacation and then turn the notice :lol:

@Kitty: thanks a lot for the good wishes

did you know ...

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooongcat.JPG

Longcat is really long !! :p

Hi everybody, so I am back from my vacation and let me tell you what I had to survive! During our ten day vacation we did 3 days of hiking. ONE WORD: BRUTAL! We went to the state of New Hampshire where the White Mountains reside.... they call them the White Mountains because they are full of granite, therefore they are EXTREMELY rocky. We hiked 20 miles in under 2 and a quarter days in extremely rough terrain with packs on our backs, we went up 4 mountain peaks, elevations of 5,000 feet, we stayed at huts which offered bunks with scratchy blankets :)zombie: it seemed like they were prison blankets) there was no plumbing so bathrooms did not fush :erk: it was either that or go behind the forest :erk:.
My feet and legs defo took a beating doing up and down steep rocks, it seemed like the rocks never went away :cry:

Anyway, I am a big City Girl, I am proud of what I did... but let me telll ya... NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!! :lol: I'll post some pictures of me looking nasty (we were not able to take showers for 3 days... yuck!)

Hi everybody, so I am back from my vacation and let me tell you what I had to survive! During our ten day vacation we did 3 days of hiking. ONE WORD: BRUTAL! We went to the state of New Hampshire where the White Mountains reside.... they call them the White Mountains because they are full of granite, therefore they are EXTREMELY rocky. We hiked 20 miles in under 2 and a quarter days in extremely rough terrain with packs on our backs, we went up 4 mountain peaks, elevations of 5,000 feet, we stayed at huts which offered bunks with scratchy blankets :)zombie: it seemed like they were prison blankets) there was no plumbing so bathrooms did not fush :erk: it was either that or go behind the forest :erk:.
My feet and legs defo took a beating doing up and down steep rocks, it seemed like the rocks never went away :cry:

Anyway, I am a big City Girl, I am proud of what I did... but let me telll ya... NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!! :lol: I'll post some pictures of me looking nasty (we were not able to take showers for 3 days... yuck!)

Wow, a lady not taking a shower for 3 days...those species are becoming rare :p
Looking forward to see some pics !!