General Chat Thread: waves hello

5,000 feet? Cripes! I'm sitting in my home right now at about 5,000 feet. :lol: Good for you! Sounds like you had fun and you should be proud of yourself. :kickass:

I've been away for far too long but I'm actually working two jobs now -- the new one full time and the old one part time. It's fun and I'm really enjoying my life right now.

I took a pretty special ride on the Fourth of July and blogged about it. If you want to see what I'll look like in 30 years, check out the pic at the beginning of the blog. Yup, that's my Dad.

I just got a ticket to see Deep Purple and Thin Lizzy in Denver on August 21. Yeah, I know, but at least it'll be better than hearing some cover band do the songs. It better be anyway -- the ticket was $60 after Ticketbastard got their cut.

That's about it. I've been checking in on occasion but haven't had time to post.

I've been away for far too long but I'm actually working two jobs now -- the new one full time and the old one part time. It's fun and I'm really enjoying my life right now.

Great to hear Brent, best of luck for the future, It seems you too find your turf. As for DP and TL, it's more expensive than when i listen to them with Dio and Scorpions (DP I mean), but always worth to listen to good classic metal. :kickass:
*********************************************************************************************************
I went today to another bank to pick more paperwork so I can prove next Thursday to the USA embassy that I'm not a treat to National Security and they can issue me and my mother tourist visas. You don't have an idea how much SHIT they give to you plus the $100 for the right of being interviewed (if the visa is denied you lose the money anyway), $14 for the call to the embassy to make the appointment plus several other expenses form banks to have all the proof you need. Wish me luck, otherwise you won't see me at PPVIX either :(

NP: Superchrist - 'Built For Sin'

Oh shit, never got around to posting photos duh!

Well, I am very happy today... it's Friday and tonight we see Dream Theater! :headbang:

I took a pretty special ride on the Fourth of July and blogged about it. If you want to see what I'll look like in 30 years, check out the pic at the beginning of the blog. Yup, that's my Dad.

I just got a ticket to see Deep Purple and Thin Lizzy in Denver on August 21. Yeah, I know, but at least it'll be better than hearing some cover band do the songs. It better be anyway -- the ticket was $60 after Ticketbastard got their cut.

That's about it. I've been checking in on occasion but haven't had time to post.

Glad to see you back around here. I've been lax myself. The company I work for sold, and the remnants will forge ahead. I was one of 25 people hand picked by our CEO/CIO to go with the new company, and if we do well, it will be VERY profitable in the next 3-5 years. Profitable enough to pay my house off. Hell, I'm just happy I won't have ANY gap in employement:headbang:
Checking your blog on my next break....

Oh shit, never got around to posting photos duh!

Well, I am very happy today... it's Friday and tonight we see Dream Theater! :headbang:

I was going to mention the pics, but you did it for me! :D
Have fun at the show!:headbang:

Glad to see you back around here. I've been lax myself. The company I work for sold, and the remnants will forge ahead. I was one of 25 people hand picked by our CEO/CIO to go with the new company, and if we do well, it will be VERY profitable in the next 3-5 years. Profitable enough to pay my house off. Hell, I'm just happy I won't have ANY gap in employement:headbang:

AWSOME! Congratulations man, way to go! :kickass:

Well against all odds (IMO) both my mother and I got our visas for USA renewed with minimum fuzz, 1.5 h in the embassy, couple of silly questions and we went out victorious.
So I guess I don't have any excuse now not to attend PPIX :p

NP: Nasty Savage - 'XXX'

I was going to mention the pics, but you did it for me! :D
Have fun at the show!:headbang:

The show was AMAZING, but DT always are :headbang:

Here are the photos, took me a bit, but here we are:

PablasNewEnglandVacation067.jpg

PablasNewEnglandVacation019.jpg

PablasNewEnglandVacation017.jpg

AWSOME! Congratulations man, way to go! :kickass:

Well against all odds (IMO) both my mother and I got our visas for USA renewed with minimum fuzz, 1.5 h in the embassy, couple of silly questions and we went out victorious.
So I guess I don't have any excuse now not to attend PPIX :p

NP: Nasty Savage - 'XXX'

Thanks, I'm hoping for the best, and will bust my ass to make us some money! Hope to see you at PP IX!! Don't make us come and GET you! :)

The show was AMAZING, but DT always are :headbang:

Here are the photos, took me a bit, but here we are:

Awesome, glad you had a good time! As much as I've been ripping on DT the last few years, I can say I've never seen them do a "bad" show. JLB needs to hissyfit more, the MoP Evening With... show was kinda funny in that regard. ; )

So in the last pic, is that the "summit" shot?
I love the great outdoors. I need to spend more time in it!
Thanks for the pics :headbang:

Awesome, glad you had a good time! As much as I've been ripping on DT the last few years, I can say I've never seen them do a "bad" show. JLB needs to hissyfit more, the MoP Evening With... show was kinda funny in that regard. ; )

So in the last pic, is that the "summit" shot?
I love the great outdoors. I need to spend more time in it!
Thanks for the pics :headbang:

I've seen them 3 times, each time has been super! I always forget that they are so loud live though :lol:

I love the outdoors, but only for half a day... that trip was a definite experience for me o_O

The mountains are always gorgeous :heh:

Unless you're climbing near noon Mt. Chirripó through a swarm of bugs trying to get inside your mouth and nostrils :ill:

Besides that indeed mountains are always gorgeous :)

Checking your blog on my next break....

Cool! Glad that worked out for you. Really looking forward to seeing everyone at PP this year -- just like every year. :headbang:

I've only gotten busier. I signed up for a Big Brothers type program and today is my first activity with my mentee. I had what I thought were some pretty simple ideas for things to do. All he wants to do is play catch. So that's exactly what we're going to do.

Great to hear Brent, best of luck for the future, It seems you too find your turf. As for DP and TL, it's more expensive than when i listen to them with Dio and Scorpions (DP I mean), but always worth to listen to good classic metal. :kickass:

I've only got about a week until that show. I'm really starting to look forward to it. Should be fun.

I went today to another bank to pick more paperwork so I can prove next Thursday to the USA embassy that I'm not a treat to National Security and they can issue me and my mother tourist visas. You don't have an idea how much SHIT they give to you plus the $100 for the right of being interviewed (if the visa is denied you lose the money anyway), $14 for the call to the embassy to make the appointment plus several other expenses form banks to have all the proof you need. Wish me luck, otherwise you won't see me at PPVIX either :(

Sound like it all worked out. :kickass: I have to get through VIII first before I can look forward to IX. Ah, hell with it -- I'm already looking forward to IX! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Cool pics Pabla ! I just returned from the Belgian "mountains" too, well, "mountains" is a big word, more oversized hills I would say :)
We visited the historical area of Durbuy, a very nice area in French speaking Belgium. Houses here all seem to be build in the middle ages, and there are some great prehistoric sites too.
On the below pic I sit on a 5000 year old "dolmen" , an ancient grave build out of very big rocks. Lowest pic is of the medieval town centre of Durbuy, a real cool place, we spent lots of time in restaurants and pubs there. The local beer is kinda "GOOD" :)
We had to do quit some climbing to get at this nice spot to take the pic!!

l_46cfd4d94ec77f2a45cf9686b27aaa39.jpg

l_a03b4a68cfbbfeef3e3be22ddc54fc34.jpg

Awsome pics Gert! Damn I need to visit Europe...

Yea you do! So... when are you leaving? ;)

Probably never. They just took my salary down since some idiot (my boss' boss) made a mistake when hired me and of course since it's the government and no one want toi take responsability or a stand then I have been "demoted" and the last raise in salaries will barely compensate for the loss of it.

So unless I won the lotto...:erk:

Of course if I can make it, you'll be the first to know :kickass:

Probably never. They just took my salary down since some idiot (my boss' boss) made a mistake when hired me and of course since it's the government and no one want toi take

What a crock! Stupid gummint!

Cool pics Pabla ! I just returned from the Belgian "mountains" too, well, "mountains" is a big word, more oversized hills I would say :)
We visited the historical area of Durbuy, a very nice area in French speaking Belgium. Houses here all seem to be build in the middle ages, and there are some great prehistoric sites too.
On the below pic I sit on a 5000 year old "dolmen" , an ancient grave build out of very big rocks. Lowest pic is of the medieval town centre of Durbuy, a real cool place, we spent lots of time in restaurants and pubs there. The local beer is kinda "GOOD" :)
We had to do quit some climbing to get at this nice spot to take the pic!!

Wow! Gorgeous pics. I agree with Wyvern -- I've got to get to Europe.