General Chat Thread: waves hello

Went to see Kottak jam last night. James Kottak(Scorpions drummer) and band. Good r-n-r sort of surf punkish stuff. Had a total blast.. some friends of his showed up from Rocklahoma and around town..they got up and jammed one song. "Get it On" by Kingdom Come...was great and a total surprise. I think it was 4 original members of KC. The guys were great, really social and total goofing on the pictures..will post link soon.

I'm gonna kill myself. I was waiting to bid on an eBay album close to end time to bid (there was no bids so far) for the minimum price, and I decided to kill time watching a movie and I forgot to bid at all. The item ended with no bids and I could have acquired it with S&H included for mere $17. I know things always happen for a reason but still
k022.gif

what were you bidding on?

A Killers album, I've already won another so I wanted this one too. I know I can get them on another distro but this was a very good price, and I like buying on eBay for those reasons.

I expect the seller to put the item again for bidding (many do so), and this time I'll bid from the start :err:

yeah hey man hows things goin? i just wanted to talk a little bit about the nu metal bullshit that is somehow came about. im sic of these nu bands that most metal sites rave about. we need to talk about the good old shit and the good old bands that are still fucking going. like dimmu borgir, fucking awesome black metal band. Death, one of the most influencial death bands around along with cannibal corpse. people have lost site of how amazing these bands are well how amazing death were, that is why we need to educate people about the roots of metal and not just death metal, black metal too like the crazy shit that happens with black metal with the church burnings and stuff, that is some interesting shit right there.

Yeah Dimmu, you're absolutely right, we need to talk about GOOD bands !!! Burning churches is way cool, tough and educational indeed!!

I'm off for a little hollyday tomorrow, a week at the coast. If you guys need me just call me at my cell phone :cool:

I need to rant and vent off some frustration. I pre-ordered on Amazon the new Venom album along with other two CDs to make a haul. I need to fo that because I ship it to an address in Miami, FL from where a courier deliver the items to me. I took advantage of the free S&H over $25 inside USA. The courier charges me $8.97 for packages under half a kilogram, so for me buying one CD at a time it's not a very cheap option.
Now the geniuses at Amazon wanted to do me a favor and shipped partially the order while the Venom album becomes available in mid August. End of story I will have to pay twice $8.97 for both packages courtesy of those morons, the final cost a piece of each CD will go from te initial $16.98 to $18.48 and $22.96 rspectively per unit.
I didn't need the albums that desperately, I was waiting for them quietly. Now I see pre-ordering with such advance is not useful at all.:bah:

Went to a "hippie" festival today, called "Yellowstock" (in a nearby city called (translated) Yellow). Crazy to see young long haired kids wearing clothes and Jimi Hendrix shirts that were vintage already in my teens :)
I didn't knew any of the bands playing, most of them sound kinda stoner. Some sounded cool though but I was really suprised by Hypnos 69, a Belgian band that plays some kind of circa 1970 styled progressive psychedelic rock. Really a trip back in time, but still this stuff doesn't sound outdated really. Some great vintage instruments like that kinda pole that makes synth sounds if you move your hands towards it. And a set of Moog bass pedals that the bass player used when playing rythm guitar. Awesome deep sound that vibrated the whole place !
You can check them out at Myspace;
http://www.myspace.com/hypnos69
I think they are one of the only bands that have that "true" psechedelic sound, and are able to play it live in a superb way !!

l_ca2c732d6b184d1fb5ffbbb3e2b26560.jpg

Hello eveyone! It has been such a long long time! I hope everyone is doing well. I've missed this place, it's just hard cause everyday life gets in the way and seems to take up most of my time. :rolleyes: How about the new Alice Cooper? Is anyone enjoying it? :)

:rolleyes: How about the new Alice Cooper? Is anyone enjoying it? :)

Pablita te extrañamos!

I like the new AC pretty much, we have a thread about it. Hope your life doesn't become that hectic that you cannot attend the forum from time to time ;)

Pablita te extrañamos!

I like the new AC pretty much, we have a thread about it. Hope your life doesn't become that hectic that you cannot attend the forum from time to time ;)

Miss you too my friend :) I did not see the thread for AC :confused: I like it, but it has not sunk in as much as Dirty Diamonds did right away.

Here's the link http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/old-school/412830-along-came-spider.html

I didn't got the last part right, you like this more than "Dirty Diamonds"?

I totally agree with you, I love Dirty Diamonds and ACAS is growing on me... but I still think DD is a better album.

BTW, I am a Judas Priest virgin no longer! Saw them on the Metal Masters tour this Saturday, they were great and so was Heaven and Hell... Motohead I skip :p But you know what? Maiden kicks any of their asses onstage any day :heh:

I totally agree with you, I love Dirty Diamonds and ACAS is growing on me... but I still think DD is a better album.

I agree on both counts.

BTW, I am a Judas Priest virgin no longer! Saw them on the Metal Masters tour this Saturday, they were great and so was Heaven and Hell... Motohead I skip :p But you know what? Maiden kicks any of their asses onstage any day :heh:

a) glad you enjoyed JP
b) nuts you miss Motorhead!
c) yeah right...

Damn... finally got around to listening carnut's massive 3-DVD compilation of 60s/70s hardrock psychedelia! Too bad the files for the Lucifer's Friend debut are somehow corrupted as it was pretty much the only thing here I'm even vaguely familiar with beforehand. Right now I'm just picking random albums and all around just having a blast. :kickass:
Maybe I'll get through all of these by Christmas, maybe...

np: Hell Preachers Inc. - Courante

Damn... finally got around to listening carnut's massive 3-DVD compilation of 60s/70s hardrock psychedelia! Too bad the files for the Lucifer's Friend debut are somehow corrupted as it was pretty much the only thing here I'm even vaguely familiar with beforehand. Right now I'm just picking random albums and all around just having a blast. :kickass:
Maybe I'll get through all of these by Christmas, maybe...

np: Hell Preachers Inc. - Courante

Let me know when you need the next batch :lol:
Indeed the Lucifer's Friend files are bad...Will check if I can find them again ...
Good place to start is the "Lost Rock 1 & 2 " samplers I made, they have most of the good songs on them.