'Ghost of the Spring' TOUR - Your impression after the show...

I was at their gig in Krefeld (Germany) 15.April, and it was really great. I was surprised that there was not so much audience and the hall was pretty small, but Katatonia have been really good! The mixture of the songs turned out good, but I'd so much liked to hear "Black Session" and "Omerta". Love these songs. Maybe next time. Someone interested in pictures? only a few...

Unicorn said:
Someone interested in pictures? only a few...

No, thanks.
rolleyes.gif

Hehe, just kidding. Of course we want to see your pics! The more, the better. Someone should start a picture thread or something where everybody can present his footage. I'd do it, if only I had any pictures.
wink.gif

don't feel ofended @farewell, but if you haven't seen headbanging girl yet, then you haven't seen that much... ;)
That's if you didn't know why in Poland all black-dressed girls walk like break-necked paralytics hehe... ;)

I have a question:

In a couple of weeks I´m seing Katatonia live, but supported by Finntrol. The reviews you´ve posted so far are not from this kinda gig, are any of them? The point is: Are they playing a longer setlist than already known?

Chiiz.

the_joy_of_grief said:
No, thanks.
rolleyes.gif

Hehe, just kidding. Of course we want to see your pics! The more, the better. Someone should start a picture thread or something where everybody can present his footage. I'd do it, if only I had any pictures.
wink.gif

So, here they are. I would be better to open just one thread with the pics. But I will post mine here.
:wave:

http://www.Cascade-Music.de/KATATONIA1-Krefeld-150403.jpg
http://www.Cascade-Music.de/KATATONIA2-Krefeld-150403.jpg
http://www.Cascade-Music.de/KATATONIA3-Krefeld-150403.jpg
http://www.Cascade-Music.de/KATATONIA4-Krefeld-150403.jpg

Excuse me, no pocket slapping pic. :erk:

@Unicorn & Arcaria

thangs for being in Krefeld. I am the local promoter for the Gig @ KuFa and I really was surprised (in a negative way) that only 130 people showed up. So we had to switch to the small stage, originally I planned to use the large room (and yes . the PA was meant to be used on the larger stage) but 130 people in a hall suitable for more than 1000 - no way.

Anyway, I had a lot of fun, the group members were all really nice and the audience seemed to enjoy. Great evening and a big loss (financially) for me LOL.

Best,
CaVo

hmm, will Katatonia ever gain higher popularity?
I don't know how it goes with that 'tour managing'... we always have 100 gigs in one week, and then the whole year withering without one (?) ;)

Someone has his/her ears stuffed with something! How homosexual! You attend the gig to hear the engines roaring the riffs out and to hear the sweet Renkse murmuring straight into your hungry ears. Homo. :lol:

I just got back from KATATONIA show in Shindellegi, Switzerland... We travelled 300 hundred km to get to the Dioxin Music Club with friends and I have to say I am very diapointed. Not by the show itself (KATATONIA rules) but by the audience... I feel a bit ashamed: people didn't seem to care about KATATONIA show (special FUCK to the ridiculous Finntroll fans, dressed as cavemen, or wearing kilts, coming from the same area as me and who left just after Fintroll show). :erk:
The hall looked more like a pub than a concert hall and the stage was ridiculously small...

Jonas didn't seem to be very concerned by his own show, and I can easily understand him: it's difficult to be very motivated when you see ten people singing your songs and banging their heads and one hundred standing at the bar, drinking beer and talking about fucking fotball games or whatever!!!!! :erk: :erk: :erk:

Anyway, KATATONIA show was cool, despite the fucking lousy ambiance, the setlist was ecxcellent (too bad they didn't play A Premonition!!!!) The setlist was the same than the one mention by Ormir except they didn't play Sleeper but they played Deadhouse ( :D :D :D :D ) just before Murder.

I hope KATATONIA will come back soon in Switzerland but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't...

i got a friend in switzerland and she teased with me that katatonia was not expected there... she would welcome finntroll more, and she did as i see... Anyway, it's annoying when bands are matched with no particular similarity :cry: it always affects one of them... fans should not be damned though... of course unless they spit...

do not worry, as far as i know katatonia mambers are not so cold, they appreciate all the fans. And especially those of minority ;)

Anyway it's kinda frustrating to read about concerts reviews in Poland, Russia, Germany or France and see how great the response to almost every bands is and go to a show in Switzerland and see how passive is the Swiss audience (except for some of them!!!). :)
Fortunately, it's not always the case. :)

Finntroll gig was great too (despite technical problems). Too bad lots of people cannot appreciate two different styles.

I'm looking forward to seeing KATATONIA in better conditions.
Did your Swiss friend went to the Schindellegi date or to Aarau? I heard the show in Aarau was very cool...

dg said:
...see how passive is the Swiss audience (except for some of them!!!). :) Fortunately, it's not always the case. :)
Finntroll gig was great too (despite technical problems). Too bad lots of people cannot appreciate two different styles.
Did your Swiss friend went to the Schindellegi date or to Aarau? I heard the show in Aarau was very cool...
you weren't passive, were you my friend? that's the point, guyz saw that
for sure!
and some people are just "different"...
concerning Aarau gig, i will ask for sure
hail you :headbang:

Hi all,

I started to write this message on the road into my Palm handheld which went wrong then and landed in the trash.. :( so it's a DOOMED double review of the Swiss gigs.

It was my first time to see the band on the 17th of April in AARAU, Switzerland. It was funny because we had some friends in our company who went to see the Welsh Catatonia band (with "c") and they were shocked when Fintroll began. :)

Anyone who accused the SWISS audience being boring, passive .. was right, mainly for this concert (OK, easy for me to say it as I'm Hungarian.. but I've seen enough swiss shows to say that they are usually cold as ice). Noone danced, exept 2-3 girls twisting in front. No singing and not even clapping to the rhythm. The band was calm, cool and a little bit emotionless but I can understand it. The rhythm section was cute and cool :) and ANDERS played wonderfully, though I don't really like his kind of (80's style) posing. But my first surprise or worry was that I couldn't really hear JONAS's voice.. I was afraid he can't sing as good as on the CD but I think the mixing was bad, the sound was awful.
but at least Aarau is a town, not like the next venue, SCHINDELLEGI on the 19th of April. This place was a far industrial area near a village which is located in the mountains somewhere, literally "in the middle of fucking nowhere". No street name, no address, even my friend couldn't find it with GPS.. oh.. and no lights on the streets. So it was almost an hour to find it from the main train station (no need to tell, the last train goes at 11, so you're stucked). Despite of this, the audience here was much better, hence the mood, the show was more lively. People sang, clapped, danced.. Though lots of them was there for only Fintroll.. strange. I travelled there alone, because I couldn't miss this another show. After having dinner in a fancy restaurant dressed pretty in white and beige I felt _really_ uncomfortable among those authentic dark black metal guys in the club :) One red T-shirt was the lightest color I've seen exept on myself.

The band members seemed to be more friendly, walked around the place before the show started, mingling with the crowd :) But one mug of beer was not enough camouflage :)) so I stopped MATTIAS for an autograph... He seemed to be surprised when I pulled out a Katatonia guitar-pick from my pocket instead of a CD or such.. but I'm not sure what kind of attitude I could reflect. (option 1: she might have a guitar and wanna be a star, what a crazy bitch.. option 2: she has no money therefore she bought the cheapest thing we sell, option 3: if she's into guitars, why not asked the solo player instead of the bassist? She may want something from me, ha-ha.. option 4: this is a chick and a pick and I sign it no problem) He was very nice, and just then I started to feel like a scared teenage fan so I quickly escaped from the scene to have a beer... damn, I can't be still such a stupid bitch 10 years later! :( So that's all about my "meeting the band" adventure. :)

I really enjoyed the show from the first moment to the end, it was great, and it SOUNDED great! I made some pictures mostly during the first 2-3 songs, then I stopped. Some other people did the same but there were some chicks in the front who constantly attacked them with the flash light during the concert, they were annoying .. I don't think it's a polite thing. I don't remember the setlist, it was something similar that mentioned before. The encore was the greatest - of course, it was pity that they left in spite of the good mood. I hope to see them again ASAP!! :) (which is a great improvement as a fan, because before these times I didn't even know who played in the band.. mea culpa, usually I don't give a shit about biographical info when I buy a CD until I see the guys with my own eyes.)

I have my regular net connection down, but later I try to post some pictures. Cheers,

Dora