ghost reveries is a weak album?

agreed. but i just dont think reveries cut the biscuit. it had some clever almost ambient style sections but it feels more like a been there done that kinda thing.. the mellow part of BotH reminds me too much of the track Blackwater Park but I dont think it's done quite as well. Harlequin forest was my favourite track for a long time, but as I say the calm section is too similar to To Bid You Farewell. Maybe the album was just an anticlimax for me cos I was expecting so much as a follow on from BWP (seeing as D&D werent your typical opeth albums with them being split).

People complain no matter what. If bands don't completely redefine themselves on an album people accuse them of not progressing, and if they drastically change, they get accused of "screwing their fans over" or whatnot. People should just accept music for what it is and enjoy it.

Things like this bother the hell out of me. For example, a lot of people have complained that Opeth is predictable. But when they try something unpredictable (like the part in Ghost of Perdition where it suddenly changes to acoustic-- the "road into the dark unaware" part), people complain that it's sudden and there's no transition. Well maybe that's the point. I honestly don't care whether there are transitions or not, as long as it sounds good. Unpredictability is nice at first, but I prefer songs that stand up to repeated listening, and nothing is unpredictable on the 50th listen.

So yeah...people are stupid.

daz436 said:
agreed. but i just dont think reveries cut the biscuit. it had some clever almost ambient style sections but it feels more like a been there done that kinda thing.. the mellow part of BotH reminds me too much of the track Blackwater Park but I dont think it's done quite as well. Harlequin forest was my favourite track for a long time, but as I say the calm section is too similar to To Bid You Farewell. Maybe the album was just an anticlimax for me cos I was expecting so much as a follow on from BWP (seeing as D&D werent your typical opeth albums with them being split).

Yea. Honestly, I can't wait to see what they do next. I think many people believe that they are going to make Ghost Reveries part.2, but I think they have something else up their sleeve.

yes, its gonna be called "Ghost Reverites"...its gonna be sorta like metallica with load and reload, and they are gonna have "In My Time Of Need II" on it...lol

Led Opeth said:
yes, its gonna be called "Ghost Reverites"...its gonna be sorta like metallica with load and reload, and they are gonna have "In My Time Of Need II" on it...lol

I can't fucking wait! :headbang:

Maybe they will all cut their long hair and start putting gel and mouse and shit in it too! And maybe even cut their songs down to 3-4 minuites! Ghost Reverites: Reloaded

I cant even bring myself to buy a copy of Ghost Reveries... SECOND HAND!

On the other side of the coin, I would go right ahead and buy 10 copies of Still Life.

The Hubster said:
I cant even bring myself to buy a copy of Ghost Reveries... SECOND HAND!

On the other side of the coin, I would go right ahead and buy 10 copies of Still Life.
Why would you need or want 10 copies?

Ghost of, Baying of, Harlequin, Beneath are 4 good songs. They sound Opeth for me. I don`t like the rest, the rest feels like leftovers and make the album as a whole weak. ( i don`t hate thoose songs but they aren`t as good as any songs Opeth have done earlier at all)

Just my opinion.

The Hubster said:
I wouldnt. Point being that I consider it more than worth spending a lot of money on were it needed.

Ghost Reveries on the end hand is a dreadful piece of work.

Your face is a dreadful piece of work!

biggsy said:
im so happy daz and hl made up! its like reading a novel: guy meets guy, guy fights guy, guy argues with guy, guy has intelligent discussion with guy:) brings a tear to my eye!
kind of like most animes. "hey i just want to talk!" "NO! we must fight!!!" :erk: *battle ensues* "shit, i lost. what did you want to say?"