ghost reveries is a weak album?

Hlfreak said:
Rofl at not understanding the mellow parts in Baying of the Hounds. I think the division of people who enjoy the album and those who don't enjoy the album as much is whether they are more of a prog fan or metal head.

PILE OF SHIT

I'm a big fan of Rush, and I mean BIG, I also highly respect bands like Camel & Porcupine Tree. I'm not a metal head despite liking a number of metal bands, and what is all this shit about 'not understanding' the music? Fuck off please if it bores me I dont listen, if it excites me I do.

daz436 said:
PILE OF SHIT

I'm a big fan of Rush, and I mean BIG, I also highly respect bands like Camel & Porcupine Tree. I'm not a metal head despite liking a number of metal bands, and what is all this shit about 'not understanding' the music? Fuck off please if it bores me I dont listen, if it excites me I do.

Lol, your a moron. Go get educated about blues and jazz and come back to me. The main reason you don't like it is because you don't understand it, period. If your attitude toward music is one in which upon first listen it bores you so you don't listen to it again, how are you supposed to enjoy more music? Or learn about new music? If you don't care, then you can stay in your prison of ignorance.

Wow, I can't believe this threads still going on! Lets just all agree that everyone has a different opinion. In my opinion Ghost Reveries is a good album, not my favorite Opeth album, but it's hard to top classics like Blackwater Park, Morningrise, and My Arms, Your Hearse. Still a great one though!

Moonlapse said:
You're kidding, right?

Moonie, Morningrise may not be Opeth's most inventive album, but GR is definetly closer to generic music than any other Opeth album.

Cough The Grand Conjuration Cough

Hlfreak said:
Lol, your a moron. Go get educated about blues and jazz and come back to me. The main reason you don't like it is because you don't understand it, period. If your attitude toward music is one in which upon first listen it bores you so you don't listen to it again, how are you supposed to enjoy more music? Or learn about new music? If you don't care, then you can stay in your prison of ignorance.

Ignorance? I think you are the one being ignorant. You can't tell me what I do and don't understand as you dont know anything about me, so fuck you and fuck your opinion about me. I'm not a metalhead, I didnt even like metal or much rock until 3 or 4 years ago, and my taste varies across genres you probably don't even know exist. And if you actually must know, I loved every second of the album for months until it drew thin, so I'm not talking about hearing something once retard. The music doesnt have the same prolonged substance as albums such as Still Life and Blackwater Park, its interesting to hear and get involved in but doesnt maintain this after my 100th listen. You are one of these cunts who doesn't understand that music is about taste and approach. Not everyone is like you. Once again, fuck you.

daz436 said:
Ignorance? I think you are the one being ignorant. You can't tell me what I do and don't understand as you dont know anything about me, so fuck you and fuck your opinion about me. I'm not a metalhead, I didnt even like metal or much rock until 3 or 4 years ago, and my taste varies across genres you probably don't even know exist. And if you actually must know, I loved every second of the album for months until it drew thin, so I'm not talking about hearing something once retard. The music doesnt have the same prolonged substance as albums such as Still Life and Blackwater Park, its interesting to hear and get involved in but doesnt maintain this after my 100th listen. You are one of these cunts who doesn't understand that music is about taste and approach. Not everyone is like you. Once again, fuck you.

Let me guess, your 16? At least type a mature rebuttal if your going to respond. Otherwise, you come off sounding like a dolt.

Hlfreak said:
Let me guess, your 16? At least type a mature rebuttal if your going to respond. Otherwise, you come off sounding like a dolt.

Just like that right? And no I'm not 16.

daz436 said:
Just like that right? And no I'm not 16.
Yea, using the word "fuck" three times and "cunt" in your response doesn't help. To be honest I do agree with some of the points that you made. I generally like Still Life and Blackwater Park over Ghost Reveries. However, I love each album differently as each have taken a different approach. Ghost Reveries would probably be in my top three albums from Opeth. Perhaps I just got tired of the over bashing of Ghost Reveries that has been going on? And, generally personal attacks don't help an argument. Obviously, we are both at fault for doing that. So, if you would like to compare Opeth albums musically with me in a constructive debate, that would be awesome.

Hlfreak said:

"Go get educated about blues and jazz and come back to me" "Prison of ignorance" :lol:

Way to make yourself look like a fucking tool - regardless of how good the points you make are, you will never be taken seriously talking like an arrogant cunt.

Hlfreak said:
Yea, using the word "fuck" three times and "cunt" in your response doesn't help. To be honest I do agree with some of the points that you made. I generally like Still Life and Blackwater Park over Ghost Reveries. However, I love each album differently as each have taken a different approach. Ghost Reveries would probably be in my top three albums from Opeth. Perhaps I just got tired of the over bashing of Ghost Reveries that has been going on? And, generally personal attacks don't help an argument. Obviously, we are both at fault for doing that. So, if you would like to compare Opeth albums musically with me in a constructive debate, that would be awesome.

I would much prefer that.

So much hatred in this thread guys... Come on -

lets-bee-friends.gif

daz436 said:
I would much prefer that.

So, personally I believe as a whole still life is Opeth's strongest album. Maybe because it is a concept album, it has a great flow throughout. The added use of the ebow gives the music added texture. The guitar riffs are awesome. Blackwater Park has a similar atmosphere as still life I would say, with some more experimentation. The ebow is also put to great use in this album. The great production also helps this album excel. Ghost Reveries has a lot of experimentation that gets me excited about future Opeth albums. I see it as a streching out musically for them. The added use of keyboards and more mellotron help this album. The bass playing is also excellent. I also enjoy the blues influence on this album. So if the the next Opeth album can combine the cohesiveness of still life with the additions of keyboards and mellotron sucessfully, it will be amazing.