ghost reveries is a weak album?

Kenneth R. said:
kind of like most animes. "hey i just want to talk!" "NO! we must fight!!!" :erk: *battle ensues* "shit, i lost. what did you want to say?"
Yea, sadly that is quite accurate :lol:

why does almost nobody think grand conjuration is good?

the good tracks on GR to me are:
Ghost of Perdition
Baying of the Hounds (wow- it's BOTH abbreviated)
Atonement
Reverie/Harelequin Forest
Grand Conjuration
Isolation Years

MrJack said:
why does almost nobody think grand conjuration is good?

the good tracks on GR to me are:
Ghost of Perdition
Baying of the Hounds (wow- it's BOTH abbreviated)
Atonement
Reverie/Harelequin Forest
Grand Conjuration
Isolation Years

People knock The Grand Conjuration.. But I actually like it. Does that make me not cool? :cry: Anyway, I don't really see what's so bad about it honestly. I wouldn't dare say it's my favorite Opeth track, but I definatly wouldn't say I don't like it. Infact I enjoy the album as a whole, but I think my least favorite track would actually be Baying of the Hounds... Which seems to be a pretty popular track for people who like GR.

It's not that TGC is not a good track, its just that it's bad for an Opeth track.

I'd say the first 2 minutes of BotH are very, very good, and it goes downhill from there.

The first 4-5 mins of R/HF are AMAZING, and GoP is amazing as a whole.

Atonement is amazing, but Isolation Years, HoW, and the rest of the tracks that I mentionned are just not cutting it in my books.

i think the only not so great part of GR is the last part of R/HF, other than that i love it all!!!

favorite parts: ALL of atonement and HOW and of course the 3 first tracks are AMAZING

Beneath the Mire is not getting enough love in this thread. Great song, especially the middle keys/guitar harmony part.

MixGrafix said:
BENEATH THE MIRE IS THE BEST FUCKING SONG ON GHOST REVERIES!

and the rest is fucking amazing!

I am so badass I am going to quote myself. Ghost Reveries is the culmination of all of their great work of the past, and a current description of the present state of mind of the band.

Don't like it? Don't listen to it. Listen to the old stuff over and over again, and pray to your deity that Opeth digresses and does not try to be new and refreshing, but write the same old stuff.

P.S. I could care less about what you fuckers think of me. I like it, and you don't have to. Bitches.

The beginning of the song really surprised me when I first heard it. I really like the diversity in the album.

MixGrafix said:
That is there best song on GR IMO. It shows there incredible diversity that the band has.

I think GoP is the best song overall, but BtM is a close second for me. I think its main selling point is that it flows so well, but at the same time each part is so distinct. It seems so insanely short compared to every other song on the album though, even though it's still clocking in at 7 minutes.

I actually love TGC. Sure, its not any of Opeth best(and maybe the worst of GR) songs musically. But that song just sucks me into the atmosphere.

I don't get why Hours of Wealth gets so much bashing though, not Beneath The Mire either.

ThreadNecromancer.jpg

i'm a fan of opeth since his beginning. i like all style changes through the years, but when i listen ghost reveries i think something is missing.... brutality?.. feeling?... please give me your objective opinions from the album .. remember i'm a fan too but this album is for me a little weak, ultra progressive, but a little weaker than others.

thanx
200px-Earwax_on_swab.jpg

in retrospect I'd say ghost reveries is one of opeth's strongest album and I wonder if we will see the same development on watershed

my favourite opeth cd, no doubt about it. superb crispy production, extremely strong track list, simply a ridiculously good cd. in fact, its probably my number 1 favourite cd of all time.