GMD Poll: Metallica's Albums Ranked

#11 LuLu (2011)

320007.jpg

Average points per vote: 1.9 out of 11

Lulu gave me cancer.

#10 St. Anger (2003)

19333.jpg

Average points per vote: 2.6/11

This new Metallica album fuckin sucks ass. I have been a huge fan of Metallica for 17 years now, and I must say, I have never seen them put out anything so fuckin shitty. Yes, the music is heavy again, but the lyrics fuckin suck, and the production is totally lacking. Lars sounds like he is a monkey who is banging on fuckin tin cans for fucks sakes. I was not expecting Metallica to make another metal masterpiece such as "Master of Puppets", but I was certainly expecting a fuck of a lot better than this. Come on Metallica, you can do way better than this. Fans want to hear heavy and powerful music which is intelligent, fast paced, and full of grace and integrity. This new album is fuckin terrible, and I think that Metallica should be ashamed of themselves for putting out something which is so fuckin far below their standards that even a garage band is saying "what the fuck is wrong with this band". I have been a fan for 17 years now, and I have stuck by Metallica throughout all of their musical changes, but I am sorry, this fuckin album is not up to par. Poor quality songs, shitty singing, no fuckin solos, and absolutely terrible production. Get it together Metallica, and give the real fuckin fans what they crave again.

#5 Metallica (1991)

840.jpg

Average points per vote: 5.6/11

hardly any of the bands talked about on this board are 'obscure' in the grand scheme of metaldom - we can't be expected to cater for UM's general ignorance

god, saying that gave me such an ego boost

Well UM was meant to get people into the underground scene of metal

it is the black album of metal forums

Now we get a massive jump and a tight top 4, with all the albums being within two points of each other.

Last edited:
The most common band shirts for retards (actual retarded people, not "retards") I've seen must be Metallica shirts with the logo dating from the Load/Reload days. Don't ask me why that is.

Hiiii!

zZsjJd8.jpg

Both of my Metallica shirts have that logo because that was the era I got into them. This one with the band photo from the back of Load cracks me up. But even if I had a shirt with the proper logo I'd still hardly ever wear it because they make me feel like a pleb.

Reactions: CiG
1) Kill ‘Em All (1983)
2) Ride the Lightning (1984)
3) Master of Puppets (1986)
4) …and Justice for All (1988)
5) Metallica (1991)
6) Hardwired… to Self Destruct (2016)
7) Death Magnetic (2008)
8) St. Anger (2003)
9) Load (1996)
10) ReLoad (1997)
11) LuLu (2011)

Reactions: CiG
#4 Kill 'Em All (1983)

538.jpg

Average points per vote: 8.4/11

First place votes: 1

I honestly think that without kill em all, it would have taken metal much longer to evolve into the state it is in now simply because all modern day metal bands have many thrash influences... I'd almost consider kill em all to be like one of the roots of a giant metal tree that spawned the branches of thrash metal, death metal, a lot of black metal, melodeath, metalcore, even some grind as well.

Kill 'Em All is most definitely one of the most influential metal albums of all time.

#2 ...and Justice for All (1988)

559.jpg

Average points per vote: 9/11 (and yes, I counted Yoda's last second vote)

First place votes: 9

No Country for Old Wainds said:
AJFA has this raw, bleak, monotonal quality to it, like all the hope has been sucked out of it leaving nothing but menacing shadows. there was a time when i'd claim the messy song structures lined the overall sound like a cobweb, but no, often they truly have no internal logic to speak of. but either way, it's metallica's most atmospheric, difficult album, and for all its faults it's still quite a mean collection of songs. i think master of puppets is metallica's most 'perfect' album, the one in which the songwriting is most polished. apart from the odd misstep the whole thing's practically faultless for what it is. AJFA on the other hand has a different kind of charm in its sloppiness, looseness, its wild and ambitious digressions and, above all, its unique atmosphere. it's a weaker album than either MOP or my personal favourite RTL, but it deserves its status as classic, and doesn't even remotely warrant the scorn it's receiving here

crimsonfloyd said:
AJFA is actually my favorite Metallica album. All Metallica albums have their flaws, and the flaw of AJFA is the glossy guitar solos that don't fit in with the rough, bleak music. I also find some of the major chords on One to be off-putting and to not really fit in with the overall aesthetic of the record or the theme of that song. However, most of the record is just killer.

Glad to see AJFA pull off the upset and beat MoP. It's more devisive, but clearly has a dedicated fan base that pushed it to second place. Should make for an interesting contrast when we compare to other websites.

I'm not gonna count lulu so here my list:
1.Ride The Lighting
2.Kill em All
3.Master of Puppets
4....And Justice for all
5.Hardwired To Self Destruct
6.Black Album
7.Death Magnetic
8.Grarage inc.
9.Re-Load
10.Load
11.St.Anger

I'm not gonna count lulu so here my list:
1.Ride The Lighting
2.Kill em All
3.Master of Puppets
4....And Justice for all
5.Hardwired To Self Destruct
6.Black Album
7.Death Magnetic
8.Grarage inc.
9.Re-Load
10.Load
11.St.Anger

Great!
Now you just need to get a DeLorean up to 88 miles per hour so you can submit that list in time for the poll.