GMD Poll: Motörhead's Discography Ranked

#15 Aftershock (2013)

51BD7j6-lUL.jpg

Average points per vote: 8.1/22

While I wasn't crazy about listening to this discography because of the amount of redundancy, I actually think this list is really good. Albums 1-3 are the albums every metal fan should hear. Albums 4-11 are ones any average fan of Motorhead should know. Albums 12-22 are mostly rehash and only for die-hards.

Reactions: zerostatic
I appreciate the amount of effort you out into these threads. Just wish there were more I could take part in! I have similar opinions on this band to you where I only think 2-3 of their albums are essential listening. I couldn’t sit through 11 of their albums to do this list, even though I enjoy the odd song here and there from later output I’ve heard.

Which band is next?

I appreciate the amount of effort you out into these threads. Just wish there were more I could take part in! I have similar opinions on this band to you where I only think 2-3 of their albums are essential listening. I couldn’t sit through 11 of their albums to do this list, even though I enjoy the odd song here and there from later output I’ve heard.

Which band is next?

1. Manilla Road
2. Overkill
3. Morbid Angel
4. Mercyful Fate
5. Graveland

I think some people felt a sort of obligation to rank Motorhead because of their reputation, as some people voted for them and then didn't post a valid list, or a list at all. I'm worried Manilla Road and Overkill will suffer a similar fate, but we'll see.

Next time there is a vote, I am gonna encourage people to vote for bands with smaller discographies. Coroner got almost twice as many votes as Motorhead, in large part because their own fans have actually heard their whole discography, and it was reasonable to listen to their entire discography if you hadn't.