GMDer of 2014

Dak

mentat
Aug 9, 2008
Among the Horrors
I think it would be good to annually recognize the GMD contributor who has put in the most work towards improving the forum in the past year. Given the migration from message boards in general in the last five years, those who put in the extra effort to keep these awesome social outlets alive deserve some recognition. Please nominate a member you think deserves such recognition for the past year.

I'm going to nominate Ozzman.

Our own Riker has stepped up to take on mod duties, and has so far wielded his power judiciously. He ran the GMDS fantasy football league even though he wasn't keen on doing so, and has very recently taken a step to re-energize metal discussion with his top-20 threads, despite a lot of flak. This is not an anomaly, but is merely a continuance of years of making this forum a better place, as he started both the Controversial and Kicking Ass thread. And he even likes Devildriver! :D

Nominations should go through the 30th and then we can do a poll.

Ozz is a solid nomination, I'd vote for him.

I'll go ahead and nominate Technical Barbarity, because he's so controversial and prolific around here which honestly keeps the forums more active. Also because lol at the haters, I like the guy. Good taste also helps: he's introduced me to more music I like than other forumers (with the exception of probably HamburgerBoy).

Popularity contests aren't very metal though, lol.

Thanks for the love, Baroque :kickass:

I can say the same thing about you, one of the best thrash metal contributors around here. You've brought a lot of good albums and songs to my attention in the thrash metal and songs kicking your ass threads throughout the last 2 years. Keep at it brosef! :kickass:

I think there are a lot of good posters/members around here. So it'd be hard for me to single someone out. Ozzman, Baroque, Krig, Krow, Onder, Espada, Crimson, Kafka, Unknown, Systematic, WAIF, Kara, Luiferos, Funerary, PoH, Neph, UC, smoluch and even BurgerBoy(when he's not being a little twat) and ITP ... all good posters. And i'm pretty sure i'm still forgetting a shit load of people.

I would suck every member on this forum if they were so willing. You're all beautiful.

God damnit, HBB...

As much as I hate your male ass raping tendencies...With M_C gone, you provide a lot of laughs. But more so than anything creepy cringes...But, deep down I kinda like it. Must be the holidays making me all cheerful. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I'll nominate Kafka, but that's 'cause he's just got awesome taste that agrees with mine =P

ha! Cheers, dude. :kickass:

I nominate Jimmy just cause of the ladies he posts, and his humor is fucking hilarious.

Definitely Ozz because he's actually put in a lot of work keeping things afloat.

But a lot of guys here are awesome. Kaf, I think we all secretly love you. Onder, I openly love you. Eligos of course. Waif, if for no other reason than your good taste, TB is a shit stirrer but still cool as shit, HB if he had better taste in thrash, NoumeWhatever it is this week, you high class dick, Andy and unknown when they are here, Mort is never unlikeable, Krig and Yoda (yay central Illinois....!). Lots of great people here.

But Ozz earned the recognition. Great work here this year

While there are indeed lots of good posters here, I'm going to take the liberty of nominating....myself! The past year I've paid special attention to being fucking polite when I disagree with people and don't share the same opinion. This is a fucking rarity around these parts.

*Self pat on the back.

Other than me, yea, Ozzman, or perhaps Krigloch...he's a decent guy and not a dick. Some guys from the Nevermore forum are pretty solid and respectful, though I guess they don't count 'cause they don't post here.

Dak and Ein honestly. Dak and I agree on next to nothing, but their discussions are always very interesting and an opportunity to learn something.

Kafka gets my vote because he has become my source for all things SoCal related at this point. Don't even need to use moshking or Bandsintown with homeboy around. Plus he has damn good taste in metal AND electronic music.

Other than that, I love reading TBB fighting everyone and everything. Plus he's an armenian so that's a plus. Kyank aper.

Ozzman brought the most hilarious thread in recent memory, but unfortunately because he is a mod, I can't vote for him. DISQUALIFIED!

HBB got some balls, I'll give him that. Of every forum I've ever been to, I can without a doubt say he is the most candid motherfucker out there. He should win whatever award this is based on that alone.

Krow and Jimmy for being some of the funniest douchebags around.

Yoda clearly has the best taste on the forum, so he gets kudos, but he needs more stories about fucking fat bitches to win the award.

Onder cracks me up. Probably the best writer on the site, he has translated comedic timing into writing, and it should frankly be profitable. Sell books or something. Or just descend into the eternal abyss of alcoholism. Or both.

Krow speaks truth and quite frankly has the best metal taste on the forum, imo.

And Ozz, I didnt know being a mod was a lot of crazy work. I thought Deron had shit under control. So a big thanks to you and Jeremy. I honestly dont know what Id do without these forums. Id be drunk alone and thats never fun.

Cyanide, one of these days I hope you actually make it out to a show so we can kick back a few beers and rage. Metal or EDM. Down as a clown.

F_D, your post pretty much is gonna sum up this huge long ass post of mine, but Im drunk.

TB, keep up the rants dude. Even though you bored me to fucking tears the other day talking about Testament, I respect you for standing your ground on what you believe in. And your fiery tenacity. Keeps these parts fun and interesting. Even if its about topics I hate.

D_T youre the Godfather of GMD. Youll have someones legs broken if they fuck with anyone on these boards. A most valuable connection to have.

And honestly. If Guy or Jordan sees this, stop being faggots and post more. Jordan I dont think has posted in years, because hes too busy getting fucked up on spice, and Guy, youre too busy being a alcoholic. Im an alcoholic too, and I make it work. Come around more for fucks sake.

U_C, you get your vote taken away for the simple fact youve been polite and want recognition for it. This is a metal forum, not my Grandma's house. Learn how to fight back and youll earn more street cred around here.

Oh, and I cant leave out without giving a shout to Schmidt. Fuck you. And your traditional doom shit. My hipster black metal owns you and you know it. Seriously though, cant believe I cant rage with you in Maryland next year. Shit sucks.

I give Ozz boatloads of shit but he and I go way back. We were selling cds to each other before a lot of you were even here.